Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fox News gone

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Noel82 wrote: »
    You can add Bret Baier and others to that list.

Given the low bar set by FNC, he's certainly near the top but definitely behind the two that I mentioned.

Fox is no different than other news outlets, Hannity is to Rachel Maddow as she is to Don Lemon. There were one of the only news outlets not helping the Clinton Campaign during the election. Also, you won't see things like this on other networks, Tucker is a godsend.

https://youtu.be/AtUf2ecORUc?t=242

Whoah there. That's a little much. Hannity's the one pushing the Seth Rich conspiracy when even you were reluctant to touch it. That's the most recent peddling of nonsense that comes to mind without heading off to google. Maddow's biggest scandal was over-hyping a 2005 tax return. Here show at the moment is well researched actual journalism. To put Hannity and Maddow in the same bracket is just plain stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Whoah there. That's a little much. Hannity's the one pushing the Seth Rich conspiracy when even you were reluctant to touch it. That's the most recent peddling of nonsense that comes to mind without heading off to google. Maddow's biggest scandal was over-hyping a 2005 tax return. Here show at the moment is well researched actual journalism. To put Hannity and Maddow in the same bracket is just plain stupid.

Of course it is. Hannity is a total trump schill who gets invited to private dinners at the white house and spends a decade pedalling conspiracy theories without repercussion. He is also a total hypocrite given he praises Republicans for the same thing he constantly criticized Obama for. Hannity is the national enquirer of cable news journalism.

No comparison between Lemon/maddow and Hannity.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Sean Hannity was only watchable when he was on Hannity and Colmes. Alan Colmes constantly called him out on his bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭blackcard

For me, the big difference between Fox News and CNN was that the female presenters on Fox seem to be obliged to wear shortish skirts and to have their legs on display, i.e. they could not hide them behind a desk. I found that this worked to the extent that if you were looking at the legs of Kimberley Guilfoyle, you were not concentrating on the drivel that came out of her mouth. Fortunately, this policy of having legs on display does not extemd to the male presenters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I will miss the female presenters they always seem to wear high heels and skirts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I watched it in HD when I was on holiday in the States

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I only just found out that Outspoken Right wing Conservative Tomi Lahren is now working for Fox News as a contributor.

If anyone doesnt know her check her out on Youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,317 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

mikeym wrote: »
    I only just found out that Outspoken Right wing Conservative ...

That phrase is implicit surely in a sentence about a Fox News commentator!

Tomi though is putting the fox into Fox News no doubt...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Given the low bar set by FNC, he's certainly near the top but definitely behind the two that I mentioned.

Good spot

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Lesnar Defender

I used to tune into THE FIVE every night. It will be missed.

• Advertisement

It's disturbing that Irish people know so much about all these foreign shítehawks. There are more than enough of them on this little island without travelling across an ocean to find and be infuriated by them. Outrage junkies.

If people put their money where their mouth is and ended their financing of Rupert Murdoch's various enterprises they could be treated more seriously when they criticise him. Your Sky Sports/Movies subscriptions (which you only think you need) funds Murdoch's dominance, rightwing politics and disproportionate influence in anglophone democracies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,509 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

It's disturbing that Irish people know so much about all these foreign shhawks. There are more than enough of them on this little island without travelling across an ocean to find and be infuriated by them. Outrage junkies.

If people put their money where their mouth is and ended their financing of Rupert Murdoch's various enterprises they could be treated more seriously when they criticise him. Your Sky Sports/Movies subscriptions (which you only think you need) funds Murdoch's dominance, rightwing politics and disproportionate influence in anglophone democracies.

Sure before you know it, the Murdoch children will be taking over the enterprise. Expect them to run it into the ground.

Advertisement