Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fox News gone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Sky will have to find a new news channel to replace Fox

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Foxes everywhere come out of their cubby holes safe in the knowledge they won't be tarnished animals any longer.

The O'Reilly Factor would be on now, if Bill wasn't sacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I actually think it's a pity it's gone in some ways. It showcased the values and biases of a sector of American society we forget exists over here. They can't be dismissed anymore as a small group of cranks etc, who they're voting for will shape the global stage . The world would surely be better off understanding what news they're seeing and what their perception is. Only last week Trump said at his rally in Phoenix that he now gets all his news from one show on Fox News and named it, it's viewership will go through the roof among supporters I'm sure. I think itd be interesting and valuable to know over here just what all those people are accepting as gospel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

Oh no! Whatever shall we do without the nauseating american style of news replete with flashy graphics, gaudy musical stylings and preformers who never cease spewing their "opinions"...

Next they will get rid of ad breaks and previews within a snow, the horror...

Edit: oh and I hope they dont get rid of those jabbering mobs that qualify as audiences, heaven forfend we should hear an opinion or a political soundbite without a chorus of handsmacking and whooping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,304 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Never heard of it. A channel dedicated to the news about foxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,301 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

AllForIt wrote: »

No thats News Fox.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Going to miss the leggy blondes and brunettes during election coverage.
    branie2 wrote: »
    Sky will have to find a new news channel to replace Fox
    PressTV

There we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

The collective IQ of sky customers has slightly improved this day.

Fox news is just crass propaganda for idiots and lunatics tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,110 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Was curious to see what articles would come up on Fox News website if you search for Ireland.

This must be fake news???

Red Bull and vodka sausage is gaining steam in Ireland:
    http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2017/08/09/red-bull-and-vodka-sausage-is-gaining-steam-in-ireland.html

"Cork is a no go area for Irish non-muslims" probably.
    Just clearing the way for Sky News to be rebranded as Fox News UK once Murdoch takes 100 % control. And if you think Sky News is a bit one sided in it's agenda right now, then just you wait...

The official reason is that Fox News figures are down in the 1000s and not enough people are watching it in order to justidy continue offering it. If this is true (I know) then rebranding with the Fox logo would probably not be a good idea.

Also, laws are stricter in the UK as to how much of a slant you can put on your broadcasts and still justify yourself as a news channel, so it probably wouldn't make much of a difference to Sky News anyway.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,110 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Your Face wrote: »
    How can I use this non-story to show off my ostensibly liberal ideals?

Probbaly by making a sexist remark about Key Burley's fashion sense.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Fox is at the extreme end of the republican party

CNN is at the extreme end of the democrat party

I wouldn't believe a single word from either "news" network.

Neither of those are true.

Fox news is the mouthpiece of the Republican party but its focus is establishment Republicans not the extreme.

CNN has actually been right leaning centrist for decades, again very establishment though. It certainty is miles away from being extreme left and the most left wing person it ever interviews is Bernie who would be seen as a moderate normal politician in Europe. CNN constantly employees right wing and trump supporters to appeal to that base.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Neither of those are true.

Fox news is the mouthpiece of the Republican party but its focus is establishment Republicans not the extreme.

CNN has actually been right leaning centrist for decades, again very establishment though. It certainty is miles away from being extreme left and the most left wing person it ever interviews is Bernie who would be seen as a moderate normal politician in Europe. CNN constantly employees right wing and trump supporters to appeal to that base.

MSNBC seems to have more love for the Democratic party.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,470 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

odyssey06 wrote: »
    No thats News Fox.

Sophisticated cousin of the crack fox: http://mightyboosh.wikia.com/wiki/The_Crack_Fox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

blackcard wrote: »
    Fox News is no longer being broadcast on Sky Channels. I have to say I am going to miss it. Like a lot of the media in the US, it had only a passing acquaintance with the truth. Its slogan 'Fair and Balanced' is laughable but I reckoned if you took 75% of CNN news balanced by 25% of Fox News, you would be approaching balance. Fox had lost Bill O'Reilly and Eric Bolling , two cheerleaders for Trump, following sex scandals, but still has Sean Hannity to bat for Trump. Do these people call themselves journalists?

There's no such thing as a truly balanced media outlet.

Never has been. Never will be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

People still watch these news channels? All of them are fake news propaganda outlets to preach the point of view they take.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭cena

I watched this channel every day. Really enjoyed it. Shepard I thought was top notch to watch

blackcard wrote: »
    Fox News is no longer being broadcast on Sky Channels. I have to say I am going to miss it. Like a lot of the media in the US, it had only a passing acquaintance with the truth. Its slogan 'Fair and Balanced' is laughable but I reckoned if you took 75% of CNN news balanced by 25% of Fox News, you would be approaching balance. Fox had lost Bill O'Reilly and Eric Bolling , two cheerleaders for Trump, following sex scandals, but still has Sean Hannity to bat for Trump. Do these people call themselves journalists?

There's no such thing as a truly balanced media outlet.

Never has been. Never will be.
    In one. American television is embarrassing. All you have to do is look at Morning Joe. No such thing as impartial reporting or commentary. So biased it's pathetic. They openly admit it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Most people associate FOX news with their more famous talking heads, blonde barbies and sexual harassment from creepy old guys but FOX news also does some actual news as well. Chris Wallace and Shep Smith, for example are respectable journalists. They're conservative but just not bat-Sh1t insane and sycophantic as many of their nonsense-spouting colleagues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Noel82

Most people associate FOX news with their more famous talking heads, blonde barbies and sexual harassment from creepy old guys but FOX news also does some actual news as well. Chris Wallace and Shep Smith, for example are respectable journalists. They're conservative but just not bat-Sh1t insane and sycophantic as many of their nonsense-spouting colleagues.

You can add Bret Baier and others to that list.

Fox is no different than other news outlets, Hannity is to Rachel Maddow as she is to Don Lemon. There were one of the only news outlets not helping the Clinton Campaign during the election. Also, you won't see things like this on other networks, Tucker is a godsend.

https://youtu.be/AtUf2ecORUc?t=242

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Rupert Murdich should not be allowed to buy one more TV station or newspaper. Of course there is nobody to shout stop.

You can voice your objection (And let's face it, Fox "news" and Murdoch are pretty objectionable) by refusing their services. As soon as I heard he was trying to buy the rest of Sky I immediately (next day) cancelled my subscription. When asked on the call why I wanted to cancel I replied "No offence intended to you (The call centre guy) but I don't want to give him any more of my money" The guy replied "We get a lot of that lately"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Rezident

Like Eamon Dunphy - despite being wrong a stunning amount of the time - I will miss its entertainment value.

Charlie Brooker did Fox News very well, epic description of them:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

Sky News exists, don't need another right wing news channel.

Sky News is left-center according to this: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/sky-news/

They have Fox News as right wing: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/fox-news/

The news alerts were always sounded with a church bell

• Registered Users Posts: 23,549 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

You can watch Fox News live streams on Youtube any time you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,549 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Noel82 wrote: »

Fox is no different than other news outlets, Hannity is to Rachel Maddow as she is to Don Lemon. There were one of the only news outlets not helping the Clinton Campaign during the election. Also, you won't see things like this on other networks, Tucker is a godsend.

Don Lemon's great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

AllForIt wrote: »

This, bud's, for you

http://www.thefoxwebsite.net/

To be honest, I rarely watched Fox after Bill O'Reilly left

This a non-story. Fox News doesn't receive anywhere enough viewership numbers to justify it being screened. Plus it's a Rupert Murdoch owned network dropping a Rupert Murdoch owned News Channel. If they had dropped something like CNN (or any other non-Murdoch owned one), then it might be an issue.

• Advertisement

Noel82 wrote: »

Don Lemon's great!

He is embarrassing, so biased.

Advertisement