Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fox News gone

Options
  • 29-08-2017 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭

Fox News is no longer being broadcast on Sky Channels. I have to say I am going to miss it. Like a lot of the media in the US, it had only a passing acquaintance with the truth. Its slogan 'Fair and Balanced' is laughable but I reckoned if you took 75% of CNN news balanced by 25% of Fox News, you would be approaching balance. Fox had lost Bill O'Reilly and Eric Bolling , two cheerleaders for Trump, following sex scandals, but still has Sean Hannity to bat for Trump. Do these people call themselves journalists?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Sad sad day.

Was that sincere enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

For some reason you could only get it on the higher cost package.
    It wasn't available on Sky's basic package.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

I used watch it on the dodgy box. A mix of lies, entertainment, mental issues and delusion.

Obama/ Liberals = The devil
    Trump / Conservatives = Angels

Us Military= Greatest heroes known to mankind

• Registered Users Posts: 14,066 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Sky news is basically fox news-light anyway.

The daily mail for people who cant read.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,301 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Fear not OP ... Fox may be about to buy Sky News. Unclear if this means we will get Fox News and\or Sky News, or some sort of hybrid SkyFox News:

http://deadline.com/2017/08/fox-news-goes-dark-uk-ratings-sky-deal-1202157801/
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-sky-m-a-fox-idUSKCN1B91YF

Rupert Murdoch has pulled his Fox News channel from the Sky platform in Britain, where the government is assessing a bid by the media mogul to buy the broader Sky pay-TV company for $15 billion.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

Fake news

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Fake news

Fair and balanced

(if you are a white republican)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Excuse the pun, but this is news to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Rupert Murdich should not be allowed to buy one more TV station or newspaper. Of course there is nobody to shout stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭bananabread12

blackcard wrote: »
    Fox News is no longer being broadcast on Sky Channels. I have to say I am going to miss it. Like a lot of the media in the US, it had only a passing acquaintance with the truth. Its slogan 'Fair and Balanced' is laughable but I reckoned if you took 75% of CNN news balanced by 25% of Fox News, you would be approaching balance. Fox had lost Bill O'Reilly and Eric Bolling , two cheerleaders for Trump, following sex scandals, but still has Sean Hannity to bat for Trump. Do these people call themselves journalists?

No, of course not. Sean Hannity even explicitly stated that he "is not a journalist" nor has he "ever claimed to be". CNN and MSNBC are utter, absolute garbage too - just on the other side. If you want truth, turn off the television. All those large media networks have agendas to push - yes, even public broadcasters like RTE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Sky News exists, don't need another right wing news channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Academic

Deceptive thread title. I was ready to pop the cork on a bottle of champagne ... ;)

I always thought of it as the Republican channel

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Won't be before someone tries to blame Denis O'Brien.

He's taking notes... from both Murdoch and Trump...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

Faux News

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Just clearing the way for Sky News to be rebranded as Fox News UK once Murdoch takes 100 % control. And if you think Sky News is a bit one sided in it's agenda right now, then just you wait...

And Sky 1 will become Fox UK?

Was curious to see what articles would come up on Fox News website if you search for Ireland.

This must be fake news???

Red Bull and vodka sausage is gaining steam in Ireland:
    http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2017/08/09/red-bull-and-vodka-sausage-is-gaining-steam-in-ireland.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Fox is at the extreme end of the republican party

CNN is at the extreme end of the democrat party

I wouldn't believe a single word from either "news" network.

Bill O'Reilly was the channel's well known presenter until certain events forced him off the air.

• Advertisement

Of course, what I'd all really like to see is some sort of forced CNN-Fox merger, where every broadcast has 1 CNN anchor and 1 FOX anchor, and 1 CNN talking head and 1 FOX talking head.

Every news story has an introduction and a totally opposed OTT counter-reaction, all linked up with impossibly polite ffake banter:
    "In a move which will cause concern for families on the breadline, President Trump has signed into a law a bill making it harder to claim unemployment benefits."
    "Yes in a great day for hard working Americans, President Trump continues with his plan to get Americans back into jobs..."

Kinda like the Futurama news team of Linda & Morbo...

Morbo: "Morbo will now introduce tonight's candidates... Puny human no. 1, puny human no. 2, and Morbo's good friend, Richard Nixon."
    Richard Nixon's Head: "Hello Morbo, how's the family?"
    Morbo: "Belligerent and numerous."
    Richard Nixon's Head: "Good man. Nixon's pro-war and pro-family."

• Registered Users Posts: 16,153 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

apparently there were only 4000 regular viewers in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭blackcard

Just clearing the way for Sky News to be rebranded as Fox News UK once Murdoch takes 100 % control. And if you think Sky News is a bit one sided in it's agenda right now, then just you wait...
    I reckon Sky looks on Trump as someone to be derided, I am not sure if it takes a view on Brexit. I don' t think the Brits would go for a British version of Sky News

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Grayson wrote: »
    apparently there were only 4000 regular viewers in the UK.
    Overseas US Service?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Is there any news channel that people don't complain about ?

I'd say Euronews

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

blackcard wrote: »
    I reckon Sky looks on Trump as someone to be derided, I am not sure if it takes a view on Brexit. I don' t think the Brits would go for a British version of Sky News

Sky is hawkish when it comes to global intervention. Mostly because it's fvcking great for ratings. This is the common ground it shares with it's American counterpart. It's noticeable that Sky is less derisive of Trump when it comes to N.Korea and his recent plans for Afghanistan. Ultimately, all depends on Murdoch's takeover bid - if it's successful then you'll see a further shift in editorial policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭Firblog

branie2 wrote: »
    I always thought of it as the Republican channel

It hasn't gone away ya know..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

How can I use this non-story to show off my ostensibly liberal ideals?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

PressTV

Advertisement