Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Destiny 2.0 (PC)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It used to be because you could get decent gear. When it came out I'd play through three characters until I got everything and then stop. I think it's a subconscious thing. NEED LOOT.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Crucible aint bad if you have a decent team, otherwise you just get farmed by groups which can be a pain.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I no lifed this when forsaken dropped, thinking of a return as im hearing there is a big surge of players again, 1 million concurrent recently afaik,,, whats new guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Content is mostly that of the annual pass an exotic quest or two aswell.

Personlly of the 3 content drops in the pass,2 are decent. Not that keen on the one that requires a lot of gambit but its not the worst. Although the convoluted nature of unlocking one or two of the forges in one of the drops is just plain busy work,the forges and their loot are decent.

Anyone on PC wanna try for the whisper of the worm tomorrow night?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I can probably give you a hand with it dude. In other news, went to Xur, said to myself i bet he's going to sell me Lord of Wolves in the engram & what would you know!!! I got it hahaha. Hilarious

• Advertisement

What do you guys play? I have a Hunter it's good fun but have no idea if I'm doing it right.

@DCully

Forgot to mention the season pass is down to €15 from €35 atm so might be good time to buy if your curious.

@ktulu
    Cool man. Ill be on from about 9 if your about

Calhoun wrote: »
    What do you guys play? I have a Hunter it's good fun but have no idea if I'm doing it right.

Warlock atm,although ive played a lot of Titan class aswell.

Well if your having fun id say your doing it right. Theres various metas that will make certain activities easier but there not 100% essential in most things in my experience. The game is very wide now,plenty of activities to get stuck into.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Warlock atm,although ive played a lot of Titan class aswell.

Well if your having fun id say your doing it right. Theres various metas that will make certain activities easier but there not 100% essential in most things in my experience. The game is very wide now,plenty of activities to get stuck into.

I got into the game by accident, was watching gaming stuff on youtube and came across mynameisbyf and some of the other lore videos. I love the story of the hunters particularly last word ect.

I didn't like the pvp meta with the swords as i love the golden gun. I kinda also fiigured out that my fps mouse is so good for playing as you rack up so many kills.

Took me a while to figure out some of the stuff like Xur lol, they cycles in the game are so crazy.

Calhoun wrote: »
    I got into the game by accident, was watching gaming stuff on youtube and came across mynameisbyf and some of the other lore videos. I love the story of the hunters particularly last word ect.

I didn't like the pvp meta with the swords as i love the golden gun. I kinda also fiigured out that my fps mouse is so good for playing as you rack up so many kills.

Took me a while to figure out some of the stuff like Xur lol, they cycles in the game are so crazy.

I can relate to that man,lost mamy an hour to the lore of this game too. An awfully deep rabbit hole:P

Ikelos Sniper dropped for me thia morning,delighted as i bloody hate the boas who drops it so delighted ill never have to farm him again:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

EoinHef wrote: »
    I can relate to that man,lost mamy an hour to the lore of this game too. An awfully deep rabbit hole:P

Ikelos Sniper dropped for me thia morning,delighted as i bloody hate the boas who drops it so delighted ill never have to farm him again:)

The boss is easy, it's people not knowing to kill the thrall that are annoying.
    Every time I run EP I always get shaders. Took I dunno how many attempts to get the shotgun.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    The boss is easy, it's people not knowing to kill the thrall that are annoying.
    Every time I run EP I always get shaders. Took I dunno how many attempts to get the shotgun.

Yeah i basically didnt bother with the boss,just used telesto for the thralls because no one else in the fireteam was killing them:P

Speaking of stuff like that,the amount of players that dont realise you need the prime slayer buff in gambit prime to damage the primeval is carzy,going for 21% delirium atm so been playing a bit the last while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭Glebee

I take it the season pass is really needed to get the most out of this. Have the expansions story missions complete but dont have season pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Glebee wrote: »
    I take it the season pass is really needed to get the most out of this. Have the expansions story missions complete but dont have season pass.

I got it last year and few of the lads I play with dont have it, hence not completing a lot of stuff until now.

Dunno if its worth it tbh.

destiny-2-forsaken-dlc-roadmap.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

It's deffo worth it, I think it's going cheap now too so is a no brainer if you are enjoying the game

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭viperirl

I've just come back to Destiny 2 after abandoning it not long after launch. I've completed the Forsaken DLC and have just entered the Dreaming City. Really enjoying it so far but my gear is nothing special, a few legendary's, that's about it.
    No idea what to pursue next. Keep going with the Dreaming City or go straight to the Opulence questline if I can?
    Feeling a bit lost atm to be honest and really don't know what tasks to be doing to get some decent gear. (Not interested in pvp and probably dont have time for raiding).
    Will likely buy the Season Pass at the reduced rate if it makes any difference.

Any advice? Cheers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I also came back this weekend, and working my way through the campaign again. Finished Destiny 2, then did Osiris yesterday and will do Warmind today. Forsaken last obviously, but i want to play through the story before i properly start the end game type stuff.

Does Forsaken bring about a big jump in gear? I'm around 300 atm, and my current upgrades are pretty small, ut i see people over 700 so i hope it's not massively slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Kiith wrote: »
    I also came back this weekend, and working my way through the campaign again. Finished Destiny 2, then did Osiris yesterday and will do Warmind today. Forsaken last obviously, but i want to play through the story before i properly start the end game type stuff.

Does Forsaken bring about a big jump in gear? I'm around 300 atm, and my current upgrades are pretty small, ut i see people over 700 so i hope it's not massively slow.

They have changed it a little bit. For people like yourself and others, there is a quest chain you can do to get yourself up to 690 within an hour or so. It does require the annual pass I think, as it's tied to Menagerie. From there, you could then return to the story at the higher level, and with the scaling it'll be as challenging at 690 as it would be at 300.

Your Prime Engrams that drop will be at the higher LL. Rewards from completing the missions might be capped at that releases power cap, but again I'm not 100% sure on this. Milestones will also be at the higher LL, if you have access to them.

viperirl wrote: »
    I've just come back to Destiny 2 after abandoning it not long after launch. I've completed the Forsaken DLC and have just entered the Dreaming City. Really enjoying it so far but my gear is nothing special, a few legendary's, that's about it.
    No idea what to pursue next. Keep going with the Dreaming City or go straight to the Opulence questline if I can?
    Feeling a bit lost atm to be honest and really don't know what tasks to be doing to get some decent gear. (Not interested in pvp and probably dont have time for raiding).
    Will likely buy the Season Pass at the reduced rate if it makes any difference.

Any advice? Cheers.

If you can do the Opulance quest line to get to 690, then go for it. One of the best PvE activities is The Menagerie. 6 man matchmaking, so you don't need a full fireteam. You are guaranteed to finish it, as there is no fail state. If you don't complete the current objective within the time frame, you just go on to the next one. So, the only thing that will happen is it'll take a little bit longer to complete.

They have changed it a little bit. For people like yourself and others, there is a quest chain you can do to get yourself up to 690 within an hour or so. It does require the annual pass I think, as it's tied to Menagerie. From there, you could then return to the story at the higher level, and with the scaling it'll be as challenging at 690 as it would be at 300.

Seems like you have to complete the raid before the vendor (Benedict 99-40) will show up. He's not showing where he apparently should be.

Any chance of me actually doing the raid, given how much lower my light level will be?

• Advertisement

Seems like you have to complete the raid before the vendor (Benedict 99-40) will show up. He's not showing where he apparently should be.

Any chance of me actually doing the raid, given how much lower my light level will be?

I haven't done any raid either but Benedict is in the Tower for me. I had not finished the Forsaken DLC when I checked him so he didnt offer me the quest to get gear to 690. I've complete Forsaken since then so I'll check this evening if the new quest is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

If it's a raid needed for him to show up, it'll be the original Leviathan raid, which is 300LL I believe.
    Get a decent team and you could get through it fairly quickly, there's also ways to skip all bar the final fight for speedyness, via the underbelly.

He also recently moved, which may be the issue.
    He's in the Annex now, near Drifter and Ada-1

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

He moved locations, he is now down the stairs next to the drifter in the annex.

Yeah, that's where i was checking (after googling it). Not sure why he's not there. Maybe it's not having finished Warmind or Forsaken? I have the annual pass and dlc, so must be something i'm missing.

Reddit is telling me i have to finish Forsaken first. And maybe be level 50. So i'll do that.

Will see if i can get a raid going tonight. Should be a bit of a laugh.

The Leviathan raid isn't a bad one at all. Final encounter can be a bit... buggy sometimes, but it's quite enjoyable.

Yeah, that's where i was checking (after googling it). Not sure why he's not there. Maybe it's not having finished Warmind or Forsaken? I have the annual pass and dlc, so must be something i'm missing.

Reddit is telling me i have to finish Forsaken first. And maybe be level 50. So i'll do that.

Will see if i can get a raid going tonight. Should be a bit of a laugh.

Just checked my game and the new Benedict questline is now available since I completed Forsaken. I didn't do any raids previously.

Ye its just a forsaken completion needed for the menagerie quest.

Jaysus may even get enough people to do a raid at this rate,great:P

Regarding gear,the pinnacle weapons are something ive started to enjoy unlocking. The vanguard ones and some of the gambit ones anyway. Not huge on PvP so not sure ill ever get the pinnacle weapons there. Pinnacles are curated roll weapons that have set perks and come masterworked already. You can grab the quests from the vendors in the tower.

Set quests for exotics are decent aswell. The sleeper simulant and the polaris lance from mars would be a good starting point to start unlocking them. Sleeper still pretty good for most bosses even if it has been overtaken by others as top tier dps weapon. Polaris lance is situational but still quite useful.

Destiny 2 is all about rolls now aswell ie perks. A good weapon is a good weapon but if you get a a really good set of perks on an already good weapon your in business. Try to start recognising the good perks. If you dont have the mats to level your good rolls still keep them,as a good roll of a weapon is not always easy to come by. Can level them later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭Glebee

Im reinstalling at the moment... never done a raid though..

Neither have i,think most of us PC still to do them.

• Advertisement

Its hard to find a clan in the game that isn't like a catch all factory. I joined one setup and it was a bit weird to be honest.

I know you can pug them but i have yet to try.

Advertisement