Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Most Memorable or Controversial Soap Storylines

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I can't remember the character's name, but there was a young boy in Home and Away who was gifted.

Brian Tilsley kidnapping his son Nicky in 1987

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

The relationship between Nick Cotton and his mother Dot. He was horrible to Dot and she kept forgiving him.

In the very first scene of the show, there is a dead body found. Nick was responsible for that murder.

Peggy Mitchell's death in Eastenders

Robbie beating up Dan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

branie2 wrote: »
    Brian Tilsley kidnapping his son Nicky in 1987
    Anyone watching the old ones on ITV3 then that would be coming up soon as it is about to go into 1987.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Agreed, his death was very memorable.

It surely was memorable for how hilarious it was that he got stabbed to death but there was no blood.

To thine own self be true

Rickaaaay's affair with Bianca's best friend Natalie in Eastenders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Kim Tate's departure by helicopter from Emmerdale.

Never saw it, but Den Watts giving divorce papers to his wife Angie on Christmas day in Eastenders

• Advertisement

Bobby Beale going to boarding school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Steve Owen crashing his car into a wall and then being killed when it exploded after being chased by Phil Mitchell across London who was trying to get Louise of him who Steve was attempting to kidnap.

Mutant z wrote: »
    Steve Owen crashing his car into a wall and then being killed when it exploded after being chased by Phil Mitchell across London who was trying to get Louise of him who Steve was attempting to kidnap.

Oh yeah, I remember that well and Steve's wife Mel accused Phil of killing him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

Anyone watching the old ones on ITV3 then that would be coming up soon as it is about to go into 1987.

And he was going to take him to 1987 Belfast for a better life.

And he was going to take him to 1987 Belfast for a better life.

He might have met Jim McDonald, so he would.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

Never saw it, but Den Watts giving divorce papers to his wife Angie on Christmas day in Eastenders

That was great, I lived in London at the time and it was the highlight of Christmas Day viewing for most people.

Remember the two in Emmerdale, one was Adele Silvas character and they were raised as step siblings and they started a relationship?
    It made for very uncomfortable viewing at the time iirc.

Remember the two in Emmerdale, one was Adele Silvas character and they were raised as step siblings and they started a relationship?
    It made for very uncomfortable viewing at the time iirc.

I do remember that!

I actually have relations who were step brother and sister who are now married to each other :D They weren't raised together though and they met before their parents had met but their parents married before them :)

Lorelli! wrote: »
    I do remember that!

I actually have relations who were step brother and sister who are now married to each other :D They weren't raised together though and they met before their parents had met but their parents married before them :)

That's definitely a plot for Coronation Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

My most memorable storyline was Trevor Jordache who used to batter and sexually abuse his family and how Mandy stabbed him to death when he was battering Beth. They buried his body under the patio.

• Advertisement
Advertisement