Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most Memorable or Controversial Soap Storylines

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,807 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When Sally had a melt down and drove Rosie up to Mooors erratically!(It was during Rosie's Oakhill days)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

That was at the time Rosie was going with Craig Harris, wasn't it?

branie2 wrote: »
    That was at the time Rosie was going with Craig Harris, wasn't it?

Yes, It concluded with the Webster family and Craig being in Paris. Rosie and Craig planned to run away to Germany. Rosie left a note and the Websters found it. When they got to the train station the train had left but Rosie didn't get on!

Liam's death in Ros na Rún when he rescued Seamus and Coilin from the house fire.

branie2: You might be able to remember this.

It involved Rita and a few other of the older characters driving in the countryside(I think) and they picked up an man who said he was going to see his mother in the hospital it turned out he was involved in a robbery.
    Can you remember this?
    Might have being late 1990's!

• Advertisement

Sorry, I don't think I saw that one

The Fresco's robbery Emma Watts shot dead Linda Baldwin brother!

That's also when Ken Barlow and Mike Baldwin buried the hatchet after years of feuding

That's also when Ken Barlow and Mike Baldwin buried the hatchet after years of feuding

Yes, I think they also had a barbecue inside the shop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

yer wan beating tyrone . I thing she has a police woman

I remember hearing people talking about women on men domestic violence

• Advertisement

yer wan beating tyrone . I thing she has a police woman

I remember hearing people talking about women on men domestic violence

Yes, her name was Kirsty Soames!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I can remember being shocked when I saw the below scene, I was only 8 and it was the first time I saw two men kiss :eek:

The murder of Mags Kelly's son Tony in Fair City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Heather and half brother Floyd's incest storyline in Fair City.

Floyd was a very likeable character.

Biddy finding out about Miley's roll in the hay with Fidelma.

You slept with her?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

frag420 wrote: »
    Biddy's affair in Glenroe...

Who did Biddy have an affair with? I can remember Miley (literally) having a roll in the hay with Fidelma, but I don't remember Biddy ever having an affair?

Conor, Fidelma's fiance at one point, and this was a few years before the roll in the hay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Conor, Fidelma's fiance at one point, and this was a few years before the roll in the hay.

Oh I can't remember that at all. Must be younger than I thought ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Incest in Brookside. I thought it was quite well done though and very well acted/portrayed, but would have been much more believable if the parents had moved to Brookside - having reconciled after a long split - and both siblings were brought together after being raised separately. Ollie the father was a terrific character

The only ever british soap storyline to feature actual full blood related siblings if I'm not mistaken

The Marty/Tess Fair City rape/murder was very controversial at the time. A tough watch

Stella child abuse in eastenders.

I think it was Hollyoaks that was meant to introduce two characters who would go on to be revealed as two child killers living under new identities. Never materialised

Natalie Phelan run over by a bus. She was in a coma for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Tony Whitney storyline in Eastenders. Very unnerving to watch throughout, but I have to say very well portrayed

Ian Beale crying. Awkward for Phil :/ :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Not sure if it qualifies as a soap? But Home and Away Meg and Blake. It was the most touching storyline I've ever scene on tea time tv show. When they went away to be secretly married and when they got back and went to the beach and she died in his arms :( And when they had a balloon ceremony for her and the mother says so the Blake she a hated, 'You think I had her for 16 years and I should feel lucky for that [because he only knew her a matter of months] 16 years is nothing'.

Mike Baldwin punching Ken Barlow in the Rovers

Mike Baldwin marrying Linda aka Tina Dingle from Emmerdale. She had an affair with Mike's son, Mark.

He made a pass at her but i dont think they slept together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Where's the mention of big Paddy Bishop in Fair City. Comfortably the best villain they've had in years.

Agreed, his death was very memorable.

Most recently, Trigger's death

• Advertisement

In Eastenders, Ian, Cindy and Simon Wicks. I was just reading it and I completely forgot that Stephen was not Ian's child but Simon's. She left Ian for Simon and then Ian took her back and she had the twins.

Then Cindy had another affair with David Wicks who was Ian's half brother but also Simon's half brother :confused: I stopped reading after that because I cant keep up :D

Advertisement