Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Me Disappear

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Have to go to ground for a couple of days for reasons that we can't go into at this time, and where better for a bogman to hang out than a fancy cultured hotel with good steak and beer and ample secure parking.

If you had to go somewhere like that right now, where would you go?

Aghadoe Heights in Killarney....you'll even have a spot for your helicopter.

And the chef will refuse to cook your steak well done....the kind of place that will charge you a small fortune and call you sir all day long.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

jamesbere wrote: »
    Are you talking sleep with the fishes disappear or new identity disappear.

I can do one very well, it's up to you to find out which one.

If the bere in your username is anything to go by, I'm gonna go with trawler and sleep with the fishes :cool:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Footpassenger ticket to Cherbourg/Le Havre from Rosslare- even if you do a 180 degree on it- that's at least 2 days down- more, if the weather is bad........?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

How about becoming The Backwards Woman?
    Don a long blonde wig, some dark fake tan and if you've got nice legs, wear a short dress.

You'll fit in everywhere and the bad boys won't bother you at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

If the bere in your username is anything to go by, I'm gonna go with trawler and sleep with the fishes :cool:

We don't get up to that sort of thing at all (cough cough)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Solomon Pleasant

The lack of contact from the OP suggests that he was in fact successful at disappearing.

Well done everyone, now how do we find him?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

The lack of contact from the OP suggests that he was in fact successful at disappearing.

Well done everyone, now how do we find him?

Give out about turf, that should bring him out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Foot passenger on the ferry, train it to Bradford, check into the best Western. . Little chance they'd look there as no one in their right mind goes to bastard Bradford..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,067 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    Carndonagh, eh? BackwardMan.
    The net closes.

It also is/was the largest school in the country, catering for all of inishowen.

Did your house flow away in the flood? Go to some non-descript hotel in the midlands - Edgeworthstown or clara, loughrea or kingscourt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Head down to Lawlor's in Dungarvan. Granted, the rooms are probably a bit dated, but I'm sure they're grand and comfy all the same. There's a nice bar downstairs, and a restaurant on the spot where they do a famous steak on the stone. You're right in the town centre, right beside the square with some great pubs like The Local, and close to the quay with more good pubs with great food for day time. Sample the local Dungarvan beers.
    Dig out all white and blue clothing you possess, and blend in with the crowds, it should be an experience this week-end.

• Advertisement

Hire a cottage on Achill Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    B_____ was teacher in greendale raheny/edenmore I believe. Backward man is from somewhere that people foot turf.

Biggest secondary school in Ireland, or at least was a few decades ago.

And teachers killed the proud hurling tradition of Inishowen to make way for football.

Have I got it right, Backwards Man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Loon E. Tick

Disappear over the border OP. Purchase fake papers via the dark net. Forget the credit and debit cards, aswell as social media and your mobile phone. Shave your head, don't contact anyone and don't draw unnecessary attention to yourself.

You'll be fine OP.
    In that case he should just hop over to Hare Krishna Island. He'll get lots of free grub although they won't have Tennents. He can do a detox while he's there :pac: Definitely nobody will think of looking for him there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

feargale wrote: »
    Biggest secondary school in Ireland, or at least was a few decades ago.

And teachers killed the proud hurling tradition of Inishowen to make way for football.

Have I got it right, Backwards Man?

Aye used to be the biggest, catchment was from the Muff to the Head, they split it a few years ago.

Hurling was big enough here a hundred years ago alright, died out before the softy southern teachers with their fancy football showed up.

This is soccer country mostly.

Heading for the sunny southeast in the morning, try out some of the foreign beers such as Guinness and Smithwicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Are you avoiding your birthday??

You can run, backwards man, but you can't hide from the big four oh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Are you avoiding your birthday??

You can run, backwards man, but you can't hide from the big four oh!!

I'm not staying away for five years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Cash job, working on a boat..
    The Contacts to get you out of the country could be very handy later, should the need arise...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Go camping in Cavan. Bring a fishing rod and some gear, you'll blend right in with the English, French, German Polish and Belgians who populate the shore lines.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Run off and join the circus...

...or take your cue from Radiohead...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Surely a Mod could put you up somewhere.
    Haven't some of them got pits and basements under their castles.

Some of them even have oubliettes , worth a Google.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

Picking spuds isn't as easy as footing turf BM. Just cos they're in an all Ireland now they're subbing out the spud gathering.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Picking spuds isn't as easy as footing turf BM. Just cos they're in an all Ireland now they're subbing out the spud gathering.

Its definitely easier to pick spuds- than it is to foot turf- if you haven't been footing turf in a while and your hands haven't hardened up. Anyhow- the OP said he wanted to dissappear- he didn't say anything about penal servitude. Hell- if you told me I had to foot a couple of acres- I'd be looking for a way to dissappear........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Have to go to ground for a couple of days for reasons that we can't go into at this time, and where better for a bogman to hang out than a fancy cultured hotel with good steak and beer and ample secure parking.

If you had to go somewhere like that right now, where would you go?

It's you,isn't it Donald?;)

Advertisement