Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Me Disappear

Options
  • 28-08-2017 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭

Have to go to ground for a couple of days for reasons that we can't go into at this time, and where better for a bogman to hang out than a fancy cultured hotel with good steak and beer and ample secure parking.

If you had to go somewhere like that right now, where would you go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mosesgun

county?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Upstate New York

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

I wouldn't be going on boards asking people to help me dissapear.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The help me hide forum is over there
    > http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=335 :pac:

St Helier, Jersey. Or Vermont.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Have to go to ground for a couple of days for reasons that we can't go into at this time, and where better for a bogman to hang out than a fancy cultured hotel with good steak and beer and ample secure parking.

So ......basically you are looking for a hotel recommendation.....but you make it sound like you are on the run from the mafia....or, wrose still, the tv licence inspector. ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

foot passenger over to wales, dig up the go-bag outside the cemetery in snowdonia, and then on to sardinia via route bravo maybe

not that ive ever thought about it or anything

Hilton Charlemont Place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

So ......basically you are looking for a hotel recommendation.....but you make it sound like you are on the run from the mafia...!
    Well, it has to be in Ireland, but it can't be somewhere you'd ever find someone from Donegal. A bit like the buck that shacked up with the fireman in the Sopranos.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

New England, particularly Boston

• Advertisement

Well, it has to be in Ireland, but it can't be somewhere you'd ever find someone from Donegal. A bit like the buck that shacked up with the fireman in the Sopranos.

Herbert Lane Hotel, Ballsbridge. You can go see whatever's on in the RDS, stroll into Dublin City Centre, feed the ducks in Stephens Green, and do whatever tourists do in Dublin. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

go down to Miami and take care of that thing with Anthony

Candie wrote: »
    Herbert Lane Hotel, Ballsbridge. You can go see whatever's on in the RDS, stroll into Dublin City Centre, feed the ducks in Stephens Green, and do whatever tourists do in Dublin. :)
    Is that the one with no bar in it?

Bastard of a principal we used to have (ex Dublin footballer, I'm looking at you!) booked us in there one time we were on Blackboard Jungle.:mad:

I'm thinking of Kilkenny, does anyone know if there's Tennent's in Kilkenny?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mosesgun

Citywest hotel Dublin. Massive place. Easy to be invisible and not noticed. Failing that, Strand Hotel Limerick. Big fancy hotel great steak and Beer. Also full of female international cabin crew overnighting in Ireland. They'd love to hear all your tales of intrigue and mystery :)

Is that the one with no bar in it?

Bastard of a principal we used to have (ex Dublin footballer, I'm looking at you!) booked us in there one time we were on Blackboard Jungle.:mad:

I'm thinking of Kilkenny, does anyone know if there's Tennent's in Kilkenny?

Sorry, I meant the Herbert Park Hotel, and it has a bar. I don't drink so I don't know if Tennents is available, which I understand is THE dealbreaker. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Maybe Don Tommasino will help you out

250?cb=20110128125550

Candie wrote: »
    Sorry, I meant the Herbert Park Hotel, and it has a bar. I don't drink so I don't know if Tennents is available, which I understand is THE dealbreaker. :)
    Must have a look, it was the Mount Herbert I was thinking of, I think it's gone now. Hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭6541

I always though about this. Like if you really had to disappear, where would you go. I think South America. Just blend into one of the big cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Would you not go up the North, good pound exchange rate and ample selection and affinity to piswasser

• Registered Users Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Augeo wrote: »
    Hilton Charlemont Place.

Just make sure the room is not at the building site side.

Would you not go up the North, good pound exchange rate and ample selection and affinity to piswasser
    Not when you have a hape of Queen's head under your mattress!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

The Rock Barton Hotel in Salthill Galway. Twin of the Santa Anna on Threadneedle road. Nice evening meals available.
    More out of the way and remote than Santa Anna. The setting feels more an upper middle class house estate.

Right, the only thing is I was there 10 years ago - November 2007.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Not when you have a hape of Queen's head under your mattress!:pac:

Imagine all the experience she has though, I'd say she's some goer in the swag bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

If your credit card is in your name, and you don't have fake picture id, then you'll end up on a hotel register.

Adopt the name spider or gemini and go live with hippies who are camped somewhere protesting. Ditch your phone. Nobody will find you.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Stay at home - isn't Donegal the forgotten county? No better place to get lost :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Just go to Waterford, check into the Castle Hotel.

It's nice, close enough to town to get a cab in and out of there for a drink or to explore the town and it's quiet.

And who the hell would think to look for someone from Donegal in Waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

jonnycivic wrote: »
    The help me hide forum is over there
    > http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=335 :pac:

Missed opportunity for link to hats & beards forum

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Donegal then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

I'd join a monastery. One of them ones that makes cheap wine

Advertisement