Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gw4 - transfer thread

123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

bantee wrote:
    That's why I got Dawson into my team, who's been at RB the last few games? Thought Dawson was the most nailed on from all the West Brom defenders.

Nyom has been.
    Dawson is nailed on but it could be CB or RB.
    If he's at CB, then Hegazi misses out if Evans returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Right been away from the game for a week. Apologies if this has been heavily covered but what's the latest on Willian and Aguero? Are they expected to play?
    If they aren't I'm thinking of a Alli - Morata combo with an eye on getting Firmino in in the very near future (I just feel this may be not the best GW to do so, especially for -4).

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

FHFC wrote: »
    New to the league. Surely the manager can forgive one mistake. Match winner on his debut too.

Evans seems to be always carrying an injury or is 50-50 to be available. McCauley at 38 is quite old for a premier league player now and you'd be concerned how he will come back from this injury at that age.

Yeah I think MaCauley is gonna be out to pasture largely. But Evans is their best CB. How he, Hegazi and Dawson fit in there is gonna be interesting.
    The funny thing is so many managers are now playing 3 centre backs in a 352 but pulis who collects centre backs for fun doesn't !
    Imagine him playing 352
    He could play 3 centre backs
    2 more as wing backs
    And one as a holding midfielder
    Pulis ball heaven

FHFC wrote: »
    New to the league. Surely the manager can forgive one mistake. Match winner on his debut too.

Evans seems to be always carrying an injury or is 50-50 to be available. McCauley at 38 is quite old for a premier league player now and you'd be concerned how he will come back from this injury at that age.

Yeah I think MaCauley is gonna be out to pasture largely. But Evans is their best CB. How he, Hegazi and Dawson fit in there is gonna be interesting.
    The funny thing is so many managers are now playing 3 centre backs in a 352 but pulis who collects centre backs for fun doesn't !
    Imagine him playing 352
    He could play 3 centre backs
    2 more as wing backs
    And one as a holding midfielder
    Pulis ball heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

iroced wrote: »
    Right been away from the game for a week. Apologies if this has been heavily covered but what's the latest on Willian and Aguero? Are they expected to play?
    If they aren't I'm thinking of a Alli - Morata combo with an eye on getting Firmino in in the very near future (I just feel this may be not the best GW to do so, especially for -4).

Got Chicharito for Aguero as a 1 week punt. Probably gonna WC next week anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    looking at getting an arsenal defender in, probably Monreal for 5.4m...am i mad?
    Shedite27 wrote: »
    Probably more stupid than mad

Glad i went with stupid.....38 points in 4 games baby....yeaaah!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Glad i went with stupid.....38 points in 4 games baby....yeaaah!!!
    Chapeau!

Did you know something we didn't? They had conceded 8 in 3 games when you posted that. 4 clean sheets in a row since then.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Chapeau!

Did you know something we didn't? They had conceded 8 in 3 games when you posted that. 4 clean sheets in a row since then.

Figured they were gonna get a bit tighter after getting destroyed by Liverpool, and they'd a good run of games so just took an educated guess, Monreal was the cheapest guaranteed starter. Disappointed i picked Lowton instead of Ward in GW 4 as well, but got 20 points off him so far as well so my defence is saving me this season!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

A good lesson in doing what you think will happen rather than focusing on what has just happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Are we all going to drag up old threads to settle things?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

dsmythy wrote:

Possibly, I wouldn't mind having a stern word with 2009 me and Frank Lampard getting points for my rivals, but never me, when I owned him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

dsmythy wrote: »

Meh, I think it was done and taken in good spirit.

A good lesson in doing what you think will happen rather than focusing on what has just happened.

Fixture over form is the new rule so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

dsmythy wrote:

Meh, I think it was done and taken in good spirit.

Maybe I'll wander back into the gw5 thread when everyone was dumping Kane and to quote the great Sheldon Copper tell everyone "I told you thusly, ohh I told his thusly"

dsmythy wrote: »

ha ha, sorry for holding a gun to your head and forcing this thread onto you. :P

Advertisement