Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gw4 - transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Anyone thinking of bringing in a player solely to captain him in GW4? If so, who?
    I was as I've no standout captain choice
    It was to be Sanchez but that ain't happening
    I'm now considering using my 2 FT for 2 punts and then WC gw 5 as it's a Friday night game week
    West ham are on the Monday night so chicharito is mighty tempting
    Pool city early game after int breaks means they are all risky really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Anyone thinking of bringing in a player solely to captain him in GW4? If so, who?

Had been considering Lacazette from this very reason.
    And then Wenger happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

City player surely with liverpools defense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Liverpool are a different defence when playing the other teams in the top 6. 6 goals conceded in the last 10 games against them.

Also counting back to last season, they have 6 CS in 7 games...remarkably!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Could go either way to be honest, City were very lucky not to concede a few yesterday, their defense was all over the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

So, let's talk about Kane, stick or twist?

dahat wrote: »

I think we need a Kane Conundrum thread :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

If I had Kane I'd keep him with his stats no doubts. No desire to bend the team to get him in though. Sure there's the threat of a haul but more likely is he will score one goal in a game. Confidence returned in him. Then I'll get him if he keeps up his current play. Meanwhile I'll continue to hide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Will Kane drop? It's mighty tempting to pull the trigger on transferring him to Morata.

I have Alli for Spurs cover anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

August will be over by the time he plays again,that hoodoo will be in the past.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Will Kane drop? It's mighty tempting to pull the trigger on transferring him to Morata.

Something I'm strongly considering also as I have no Chelsea cover at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Didn't watch the Chelsea highlights yet but it's looking increasingly difficult to justify not having Morata in your team, good value too. The front 3 is a difficult one this season, Kane, Lukaku, Morata, Firminho, Aguero, Jesus, Chicarito and Rooney are the front runners for me.

For me, I think Jesus is going to get better and better if he stays injury free and Aguero is too big a risk because of rotation. I am going to stay clear of Kane unless he starts banging in goals for fun, he is too expensive.

I would like to keep Firminho as I think he will be involved in a lot of the goals this season, even if he doesn't score as many as the other top strikers and will get a lot of bonus points. I also want to keep Jesus who will score big this season I think and will also pick up a lot of bonus points, my issue comes with Lukaku, I would be mad to transfer him out but I want Morata.

When the Champions League starts proper, we will know a lot more I suppose, if Klopp starts rotating Firminho because of the high work rate, then I suppose my hand will be forced, will have to wait and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Mbemba - any chance he keeps his place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Rooney took some of Everton's set pieces today when Siggy was on the pitch, seems a bit strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

siblers wrote:
    Rooney took some of Everton's set pieces today when Siggy was on the pitch, seems a bit strange

I'm hoping they get a pen soon to find out which one of Rooney, Siggy and Baines takes it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Roonbox

KevIRL wrote: »
    Free hit activated
    I have to admire the dedication you show to your craft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Roonbox wrote: »
    I have to admire the dedication you show to your craft

Thanked 21,000 Times in 8,000 odd posts. Fair play alot of thanks on the transfer threads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Thinking Tekkers out - Wood in

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭GeordieRebel

What do we think of changing from Willian and Kane to Morata and Alli? Too reactionary? Have the two free transfers in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

I've taken Kane out for Firminho. Once he starts scoring I'll get him back in. Should be a bit cheaper too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Having watched Morata's last 2 games, I think people are mad to be thinking of choosing him over Kane, he is so lazy he literally walked around the pitch yesterday I don't know how he got in the position he did for that goal. I can guarantee Kane will easily outscore morata over the season

Having watched Morata's last 2 games, I think people are mad to be thinking of choosing him over Kane, he is so lazy he literally walked around the pitch yesterday I don't know how he got in the position he did for that goal. I can guarantee Kane will easily outscore morata over the season

I thought he looked impressive from what I've seen.

Kane ran everywhere, hit loads of shots all season but hasn't scored. Morata is ahead currently and thats why people are looking at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,550 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lemlin wrote: »

I think the question is how close will Kane get towards the 2nd drop. Looks like he will have dropped by weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Any1 considering Can at 5m,looking dangerous in every game I've seen him this season,PS : I know the pool midfield is a lottery,but his price is tempting me,especially if Hendo stays fit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Will Fabergas keep his place when Hazard comes back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭dowling06

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Will Fabergas keep his place when Hazard comes back?

Its more of a question will he keep his place when Bakayoko returns to full fitness tbh. Think Hazard will either take either Willian or Pedros place depending on who is playing better. Same goes for Fab and Baka. If Fab plays like he did yesterday/towards the end of last season he will keep his place although Conte did perfer a more defensive option like Matic in some of the bigger games and away games.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Charles OCK

Any1 considering Can at 5m,looking dangerous in every game I've seen him this season,PS : I know the pool midfield is a lottery,but his price is tempting me,especially if Hendo stays fit

Was thinking the same earlier re Can. Only thing that held me back was whether he could provide enough points to justify selection.

Im still on the fence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Im still on the fence.

U better reinforce it,coz I'll be on it for the next 10 days as well,and I'm a big fecker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

The plan is to get him in gw5,
    It will prob take a wildcard to do it tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Over the season yeah. But right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Current team:

Foster | Elliott

Valencia | Bertrand | Mee | TAA | Hunemeier

Salah | Ramsey | Ritchie | Carroll | JWP

Lukaku | Jesus | Kane

I have 2FT and just enough to swap Kane/Ramsey for Morata/Alli
    Shall I pull the trigger or considering that TAA and JWP are liabilities play the WC??

Any opinions are more than welcome!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

bezuaua wrote: »
    Current team:

Foster | Elliott

Valencia | Bertrand | Mee | TAA | Hunemeier

Salah | Ramsey | Ritchie | Carroll | JWP

Lukaku | Jesus | Kane

I have 2FT and just enough to swap Kane/Ramsey for Morata/Alli
    Shall I pull the trigger or considering that TAA and JWP are liabilities play the WC??

Any opinions are more than welcome!" :D

The WC is not needed.
    TAA should be low priority transfer.
    You don't have to make both the transfers at the same time but Morata is close to a rise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,924 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Pogba out, Gareth Barry in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭podge018

KdB & Gabbiandini
    to
    Mkhitaryan & Firmino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Pogba out, Gareth Barry in.
    What's the plan? This has to be part of a 5/6 transfer strategy that will bear fruit for Halloween

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Lacazette? Keep or get rid. Any reason why he didn't start yesterday? 3 of next 4 at home and very winnable games but arsenal are in meltdown

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

GetWithIt wrote: »
    What's the plan? This has to be part of a 5/6 transfer strategy that will bear fruit for Halloween

When you get gareth barry in you only end up making 7 transfers all season. He is that good.

Looks like Sanchez is leaving ..........

• Advertisement

Looks like Sanchez is leaving ..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Roonbox

Just had a moment of madness and sold Willian, Aguero and Carroll for Silva, Morata and Mooy (for a -8!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    I think the question is how close will Kane get towards the 2nd drop. Looks like he will have dropped by weekend.

I don't think he'll get anywhere near a second drop. And I don't think he'll get his first till nearer the end of the GW.

FHFC wrote: »
    I don't think he'll get anywhere near a second drop. And I don't think he'll get his first till nearer the end of the GW.

Presume that was you with the hot topic on FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,192 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

When you get gareth barry in you only end up making 7 transfers all season. He is that good.

It was 14 he made in the end though right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Not making any changes until after the transfer window shuts and see how many of my players get injured on international duty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Presume that was you with the hot topic on FFS

Yup. :)

One of the regular and fairly arrogant lads off there was posting stuff on his blog & twitter mis-interpreting the numbers and saying that rates of price changes hadn't actually changed since last season. So I couldn't resist taking the actual numbers to FFS although I haven't posted there for years. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Firmino in for aguero before his price rise last night.
    If he gets injured on international duty so be it but I did all my transfers early last season and only got caught out by not waiting for team news once. In return I probably gained about 2.5 million. That difference got me Marcos Alonso instead of someone like Erik pieters.

Admittedly I was very fortunate to only get caught out once and may not get the same luck this season but I think an occasional -4 to reverse an early transfer is worth an extra 2milion or so in the bank for the second half of the season

It was 14 he made in the end though right?

Ye he ended up with 14 . He was 7 transfer guy for a long time a good 10 weeks with Gareth Barry regularly coming off his bench with unlikely assists and goals. He was top 100 in the world in and around gw 30 before falling off the cliff in the run in. Little does he know what an fsa cult hero he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Firmino in for aguero before his price rise last night.
    If he gets injured on international duty so be it but I did all my transfers early last season and only got caught out by not waiting for team news once. In return I probably gained about 2.5 million. That difference got me Marcos Alonso instead of someone like Erik pieters.

Admittedly I was very fortunate to only get caught out once and may not get the same luck this season but I think an occasional -4 to reverse an early transfer is worth an extra 2milion or so in the bank for the second half of the season

Stopped myself Saturday night and Sunday from making this move with my FT only because I may need a defensive transfer as I have Danillo and Kola...

Well that's what I'm telling myself now. Truth is, I couldn't decide between Kun and Jesus.

Ive the exact money in the bank for kdb to Sanchez for free
    If he moves to city I doubt I'll be able to resist :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement