Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gw4 - transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Why Yoshi out?

Because Southampton signed a new centreback for £15m a few days ago (Hoedt). One of Stephens or Yoshi will likely lose out. Some seem to think Yoshi is more at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

KDB -> Mane

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

KDB -> Mayweather

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

KDB -> Mayweather

Mayweather only plays for 30 minutes. No point bringing in someone who's gonna spend most of his time sitting down

• Registered Users Posts: 12,381 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Really ?

I was flicking between the Newcastle and Watford games and Ritchie caught my eye. Played really well. Involved in a lot of the good stuff Newcastle were doing. On corners, set pieces and could very well be on penos. Got a standing ovation when subbed late on in the game too.

1 assist in 3 games, not a great return. Might give him another gw or two but last season I had players like Redmond and Townsend who I kept giving another week to and they just needed up returning scores of 2s and 3s. Feel like Ritchie could do the same

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Almost certain to bank the FT this week after wildcarding last week. My bench outperformed my team so far, but this bodes well for maintaining team value and having solid sub options.

With the International break coming and potential moves in the transfer market, having 2 X FT's will definitely help. Only player of concern is Sanchez, not sure how I could fit him in tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Aguero out for Kane is the sensible move.

But I hate the idea of getting rid of Kun ahead of a home game against that Liverpool defence. He's had his rest now, right Pep? He'll start the next game won't he? Pep?

If Sanchez looks good today, I might just wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Can get Sanchez in 2 moves if he looks really good.
    If not, can get any striker for aguero so leaning towards saving my wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Sane out for somebody.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

zerks wrote: »
    Sane out for somebody.

Shaven Silva?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Because Southampton signed a new centreback for £15m a few days ago (Hoedt). One of Stephens or Yoshi will likely lose out. Some seem to think Yoshi is more at risk.

Don't worry Yoshida won't be dropped anytime soon. Playing well, 2 clean sheets and been a threat going forward, don't see why the new guy goes straight in ahead of him or Stephens.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Don't worry Yoshida won't be dropped anytime soon. Playing well, 2 clean sheets and been a threat going forward, don't see why the new guy goes straight in ahead of him or Stephens.

Short term one of them won't be but, long term, Southampton won't have spent 15 mil on a defender to leave him on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

See how Hazard goes over the break but probably will do KDB & Willian to Hazard & Jese

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Invincible wrote: »
    Shaven Silva?

It's Dilva now :)

Lemlin wrote: »
    Short term one of them won't be but, long term, Southampton won't have spent 15 mil on a defender to leave him on the bench.

£15m not that much in todays market - agree he probably will get in the team eventually but Yoshida/Stephens could easily keep their place for the next 7/8 of Soton's good run of fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

callaway92 wrote: »
    Either Matt Phillips or Jese Rodriguez for me. I have 1 mill in the bank after transferring out JWP so will only be spending 0.5 mill more.
    Anyone have a view on how Jese fared today v West Brom?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

It's Dilva now :)

Thought his name was changed to Spanish Dave : D?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Anyone have a view on how Jese fared today v West Brom?

Chupo Moting looks the better pick there, considering he played 90 minutes in the last 2 games as a striker.

Once the easier games come, the goals should too.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

Mokuba wrote: »
    Chupo Moting looks the better pick there, considering he played 90 minutes in the last 2 games as a striker.

Once the easier games come, the goals should too.

He doesn't even look the first cousin of a striker
    I would have no attackers from Stoke anyway

Anyone thinking of bringing in a player solely to captain him in GW4? If so, who?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

Anyone thinking of bringing in a player solely to captain him in GW4? If so, who?
    I was as I've no standout captain choice
    It was to be Sanchez but that ain't happening
    I'm now considering using my 2 FT for 2 punts and then WC gw 5 as it's a Friday night game week
    West ham are on the Monday night so chicharito is mighty tempting
    Pool city early game after int breaks means they are all risky really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Had been considering Lacazette from this very reason.
    And then Wenger happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

City player surely with liverpools defense

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Liverpool are a different defence when playing the other teams in the top 6. 6 goals conceded in the last 10 games against them.

Also counting back to last season, they have 6 CS in 7 games...remarkably!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

Could go either way to be honest, City were very lucky not to concede a few yesterday, their defense was all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,653 ✭✭✭✭dahat

So, let's talk about Kane, stick or twist?

dahat wrote: »

I think we need a Kane Conundrum thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,509 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

If I had Kane I'd keep him with his stats no doubts. No desire to bend the team to get him in though. Sure there's the threat of a haul but more likely is he will score one goal in a game. Confidence returned in him. Then I'll get him if he keeps up his current play. Meanwhile I'll continue to hide.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Will Kane drop? It's mighty tempting to pull the trigger on transferring him to Morata.

I have Alli for Spurs cover anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

dahat wrote: »

August will be over by the time he plays again,that hoodoo will be in the past.

Advertisement