Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why would anyone give away good tips.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Hoping we have a better day today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭mayoman1973

have had similar runs before so its not really bothering me.  I use a rolling 500 metric to tell me whats going on so that flattens out any highs / lows.
    At the start as I was increasing my stakes,  I only ever increased them after a winning day,  and decreased them after a losing day.  Sometimes I didn't stake at all in the early days if the previous 100 or so bets weren't showing a profit. That is best way to protect your profits.  Its the opposite of chasing losses.  Thats the last thing you want to do is stake higher when on a losing streak. Can't expect 26.0s to be romping in every day.  But for anyone that tracked them lot of the losing races had very strong favs that didn't feature in the win/places so that is the first part of the strategy holding up. Fav lay system is showing good profit for the week. Anyways,  losing days are par for the course and when your on the right side of the value in a bet it is only a matter of time before the chickens come home to roost.

Today: 18 picks, 36 pts staked, returns 59pts, +23pts
    Overall: 346 picks, 692pts staked, Bank = +229pts
    Slow start to day but few winners and placers keeps us right side of  30% profit ...
    Might be a few up early tomorrow but its Dublin then for me for the All Ireland and if Mayo do a job on the  Dubs I might surface sometime in 2018 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

Today: 18 picks, 36 pts staked, returns 59pts, +23pts
    Overall: 346 picks, 692pts staked, Bank = +229pts
    Slow start to day but few winners and placers keeps us right side of 30% profit ...
    Might be a few up early tomorrow but its Dublin then for me for the All Ireland and if Mayo do a job on the Dubs I might surface sometime in 2018 :)

Good work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

This come to an end now on here? I followed your last 2 tips on twitter in Galway today & both won. One at 13/2 & other at 4/1

• Advertisement

Back again ...
    Since last update: 46 picks, 92 pts staked, returns 81pts, -11pts
    Overall: 392 picks, 784pts staked, Bank = +218pts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,085 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Back again ...

That mayo defeat was hard to take .Only round my self.

Back again ...

That mayo defeat was hard to take .Only round my self.
    Still sick :(  but need to move on ,  horsey update to follow,  stinker of a day but need to tot it up anyways

Today: 12 picks, 24 pts staked, returns 3pts, -21pts
    Overall: 358 picks, 716pts staked, Bank = +197pts
    Below expected % profit now so an upwards correction is just as inevitable as this past few days bad run, mark my words !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

i'll follow for the inevitable bounce back! i couldn't even pick my nose at the moment. sorry about mayo, they're a great team

• Advertisement

Today: 19 picks, 38 pts staked, returns 46pts,  +8pts
    Overall: 377 picks, 754 pts staked, Bank = +205pts

Today: 21 picks, 42 pts staked, returns 51pts,  +9pts

Overall: 398 picks, 796 pts staked, Bank = +214pts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Today: 21 picks, 42 pts staked, returns 51pts,  +9pts

Overall: 398 picks, 796 pts staked, Bank = +214pts

Chugging along nicely. I'm following. HArd to get on all of them with work and so on but it's great entertainment and very interesting

Bad run continues :(
    Last 2 days: 28 picks, 56 pts staked, returns 29pts,  -27pts
    Overall: 426 picks, 852 pts staked, Bank = +187pts

Today: 9 picks, 18 pts staked, returns 22pts,  +4pts
    Overall: 435 picks, 870 pts staked, Bank = +191pts

Been a poor couple of weeks,getting a bit of a hammering.

Seems to be more selections throughout the day as if trying to find that winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Been a poor couple of weeks,getting a bit of a hammering.

Seems to be more selections throughout the day as if trying to find that winner.
    I've followed it since last Friday, just stuck 2.50 ew on most of his picks that are worth it and only 1 has won. My PP account has lost so much money following this, all those fivers add up and not 1 big winner to even soften the blow.

It was an interesting experiment and I liked the idea but I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

Stevecw wrote: »
    I've followed it since last Friday, just stuck 2.50 ew on most of his picks that are worth it and only 1 has won. My PP account has lost so much money following this, all those fivers add up and not 1 big winner to even soften the blow.

yeah Ive been fairly much cleaned out as well. Thanks and respect to the OP who has put huge efforts in and Ive enjoyed the ride but I missed out on the two mega winners in Leopardstown the other week at 26/1 + with Decorated Knight and Hydrangea which I never saw coming so fair dues there.

I suppose this model is not designed for the casual punter as you would need a large balance on your account to carry you through this lean time. Im sure things will turn especially now that I have stopped punting!

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

and BOOM 26/1 winner at Redcar 14:30 ye of little faith

Sept 26: 22 picks, 44 pts staked, returns 22pts, -22pts
    Overall: 457 picks, 914 pts staked, Bank = +169pts

• Advertisement

Stevecw wrote: »

You would of got some money back today if you backed todays selections,hopefully you did.

Improvement today .... Best day yet but unlucky for the guys that jumped off the bus/train wreck at the wrong time :)  "Hoping for that winner is all we're doing".  And there was me thinking that's what betting is all about but clearly I got that bit wrong lol. Unless your 100% certain a horse is going to win then what else can you do only 'Hope' you get the win.  Yet to meet a bookie that will offer me better than 1.00 odds on a horse that is certain to win !!
    Today: 37 picks, 74 pts staked, returns 141pts, +67pts
    Overall: 494 picks, 988 pts staked, Bank = +236pts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

clevtrev wrote:
    yeah Ive been fairly much cleaned out as well. Thanks and respect to the OP who has put huge efforts in and Ive enjoyed the ride but I missed out on the two mega winners in Leopardstown the other week at 26/1 + with Decorated Knight and Hydrangea which I never saw coming so fair dues there.

Throw enough **** at a wall and some of it is bound to stick.

clevtrev wrote:

Interesting theory.  I'm getting a good bit of it to stick. 23% in fact.  Tell you what.  Pick 500 ew selections at random over next 4 weeks and if you can return even 100 pts profit then I would suggest you get the pen out and start penning that letter of resignation to your boss cause you have it clicked.  The best message I got yet was that without all the winners I would have nothing but losers.  Hmmm. The worrying thing about that statement is the guy that sent it probably put some thought into it.  Thing about gambling is most people who do it don't even know what a good/acceptable  % target is.  So if you don't know what you are looking for it is very hard to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

What is the position at SP?

No idea. The data is available on betfair for anyone that wants to go check but I found it a pain in the ass to track it.  Since PP got into bed with betfair it is a lot more difficult now to get archived data. But maybe its just a case of knowing how to do it. I just havn't bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

That's the stupidest statement throughout this whole thread & there have been a few. This man is showing ye a system where he's clearly winning, granted it's not for everyone due to the outlay but it's genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

That's the stupidest statement throughout this whole thread & there have been a few. This man is showing ye a system where he's clearly winning, granted it's not for everyone due to the outlay but it's genius.

If I had the money to back that amount of horses everyday I'm sure I'd have a similar strike rate. I mean he backed 12 horses in one race.

I'm at a loss to understand why people think a lot of picks makes a system less desireable than one with fewer picks. Say you have 2 systems. One generates 1000 picks per month. The other generates 100 per month.  Both have proven ROI of 10% and similar strike rates.  If you think the one with 100 picks per month is superior then I would suggest you mute this thread and stop your betting career right now cause you are completely missing a core betting fundamental.  To previous poster, picking 1 one or 12 horses in a race has no bearing on a systems strike rate. That is another betting fundamental that is mis understood, and a very important one at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

If I had the money to back that amount of horses everyday I'm sure I'd have a similar strike rate. I mean he backed 12 horses in one race.

Em yes, maybe, more than likely no though, it's perfectly fine to back every horse in a race if the odds justify it, you'll find it very hard to find that's what Mayoman is trying to do here.

Advertisement