Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Non book readers" - Season 7 Episode 7 "The Dragon and the Wolf"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

benny79 wrote: »
    Why is everyone going on about the budget? and how many episodes etc.. I do agree there should be 10 episodes in series 7 & 8 but this is G.O.T it's the most successful show ever earning millions, probably billions. I doubt they reduced it because of budget sure the longer it goes on the better!

Or else what's the point of producing it in the first place! A good example was Lost. It was so successful that they kept dragging it out & out till everyone eventually was lost!! but you get my point..

I'd say the actors have conflicting schedules and they couldn't afford their wages. That's my hunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

A good example was Lost. It was so successful that they kept dragging it out & out till everyone eventually was lost!! but you get my point..

You're wrong actually, the studio's intention was to drag it out which is why the 2nd & 3rd seasons particularly felt dragged out, but the show runners negotiated that they had to have an end to the show so they could just get on with the story and worked out the amount of episodes and end date off the back of that. There wasn't too much filler from that point on, but of course personal taste in the show is another debate in itself.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

And for Cersai to pull this stunt off, Daenerys, the most powerful women and leader in the GOT universe, has to have no military intelligence or spies to warn her of these movements. She also has to suspend her mistrust of Cersai and believe she will not go back on her "word".

Seems legit...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Somebody posted about Euron legging it when he saw the wight and how could that have been foreseen to use as an excuse to get away and bring back an army.Looking back,he started a row straight away and was probably gonna use that as an excuse by being asked to leave,a few more insults and he'd have been sent away from the negotiations, the wight just gave him that chance to get away without raising suspicion and he took it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

zerks wrote: »
    Somebody posted about Euron legging it when he saw the wight and how could that have been foreseen to use as an excuse to get away and bring back an army.Looking back,he started a row straight away and was probably gonna use that as an excuse by being asked to leave,a few more insults and he'd have been sent away from the negotiations, the wight just gave him that chance to get away without raising suspicion and he took it.

Or maybe he ran away scared? He's a bit of a bully really and didn't want any part of the fight against the night king. He goes after people weaker than him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

KKkitty wrote: »
    Or maybe he ran away scared? He's a bit of a bully really and didn't want any part of the fight against the night king. He goes after people weaker than him.

Cersei said that him running off back to the Iron Islands was all part of her plan and he's really going off to collect the army she bought from the Golden Company.

Cersei said that him running off back to the Iron Islands was all part of her plan and he's really going off to collect the army she bought from the Golden Company.

I'd say if she is pregnant it's Euron's. Jaime finds out and kills her. They'll need one hell of an army with what's coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I'd say if she is pregnant it's Euron's. Jaime finds out and kills her. They'll need one hell of an army with what's coming.

I think it's a zombie monster baby, I think her witch doctor did some black magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭benny79

I dont think she is Pregnant as she is kinda of making it obvious by rubbing her stomach in front of certain people ;)

Jamie will find out Id say theres definitely a twist to it!

I dont think she is Pregnant as she is kinda of making it obvious by rubbing her stomach in front of certain people ;)

Jamie will find out Id say theres definitely a twist to it!

Don't forget Qyburn was with her asking if if she wanted him to give her something for it when Jaime walked in on them in the episode where she revealed she was pregnant. I don't think it's a fake out.

• Advertisement

She could of had a headache ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

When the Wight attacks she doesn't protect her stomach. A pregnant mother would immediately shield her child, wouldn't she?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Why is everyone going on about the budget? and how many episodes etc.. I do agree there should be 10 episodes in series 7 & 8 but this is G.O.T it's the most successful show ever earning millions, probably billions. I doubt they reduced it because of budget sure the longer it goes on the better!

Or else what's the point of producing it in the first place! A good example was Lost. It was so successful that they kept dragging it out & out till everyone eventually was lost!! but you get my point..
    You can't really compare GoT with Lost, though.

Lost is a public network show, so it had adverts, and that was their primary source of money for it. More episodes = more adverts = more money.

GoT is on a private network with no adverts.

HBO know it's the world's most popular show and that people will subscribe for it regardless of whether it's seven or ten episodes. Considering the increasing cost in production, acting fees and overall budget, they probably decided to reduce it to seven to keep it the same overall budget, knowing it won't affect subscribers and will probably still get the same rights fees from networks and charge the same price for Bluray/DVD as previous seasons.

Cina wrote: »
    You can't really compare GoT with Lost, though.

Lost is a public network show, so it had adverts, and that was their primary source of money for it. More episodes = more adverts = more money.

GoT is on a private network with no adverts.

HBO know it's the world's most popular show and that people will subscribe for it regardless of whether it's seven or ten episodes. Considering the increasing cost in production, acting fees and overall budget, they probably decided to reduce it to seven to keep it the same overall budget, knowing it won't affect subscribers and will probably still get the same rights fees from networks and charge the same price for Bluray/DVD as previous seasons.

I wasn't comparing it was an example! What show do you watch? because when I watch G.O.T on Sky Atlantic there is defiantly ad breaks..

I wasn't comparing it was an example! What show do you watch? because when I watch G.O.T on Sky Atlantic there is defiantly ad breaks..

HBO don't have adverts during shows. Sky do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

When the Wight attacks she doesn't protect her stomach. A pregnant mother would immediately shield her child, wouldn't she?

If she is pregnant and she dies guess what happens;). Plus it's clearly the mountains, I see the way he looks at her:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

saw sansa actress defending her role in having littlefinger killed

http://www.nme.com/news/tv/sophie-turner-defends-character-sansa-stark-game-thrones-fans-twitter-2132742

all this talk of him loving sansa....everything littlefinger ever did was for littlefinger. whatever served him best or worked to his advantage..whats in it for him? how can he benefit from it?

he was fuucked ever since bran hit him with ''chaos is a ladder''.

HBO don't have adverts during shows. Sky do.

Dont get you. HBO isn't a channel its a producer of a show which in turn sells it to a network ie Sky etc.. So technically no show would have adverts or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Evade

Dont get you. HBO isn't a channel its a producer of a show which in turn sells it to a network ie Sky etc.. So technically no show would have adverts or am I missing something?
    HBO is a subscription only channel in the US that doesn't show ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

I don't know, would she?
    Any pregnant women here? Preferably one who has been attacked by a wight.

• Advertisement

After this season what houses are no more? Arya killed all the Freys, Sansa fed Ramsay to his dogs and Drogon burned Sam's father and brother so is that house gone too?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Sam will count as a Tarly imo, despite his father disowning him.

Tyrells are gone too of course.

Sam will count as a Tarly imo, despite his father disowning him.

Tyrells are gone too of course.

Sam isn't a fighter so hopefully it'll be a neutral house if that's even possible. Forgot about House Tyrell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭AlanG

Penn wrote: »
    Not that it matters as such, just that it's poor writing that took me out of the moment. Arya shows up and is barred at the gates after saying she's a Stark, but Sam shows up, says he's a friend of Jon and is suddenly allowed to just wander up to Bran's bedroom.

Just thinking out loud, but I think it could have been better that Sam introduces himself to a guard at the gate, the guard says Bran is waiting to speak with him, then it gives Sam a reason to ask how Bran knew he was coming, leading to the Three Eyed Raven conversation

Its not that long since Sam traveled through the North from the wall and he looks the same - lots of people probably know him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

AlanG wrote:
    Its not that long since Sam traveled through the North from the wall and he looks the same - lots of people probably know him.

Exactly this.

Also how do you know he wasn't stopped at the gates had a nice chat with guards who identified him and then organised lodgings for for Gilly and little sam , Sam himself then was directed to see the mental fella who calls himself a raven.

Not every detail can or needs to be shown on screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,111 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

After this season what houses are no more? Arya killed all the Freys, Sansa fed Ramsay to his dogs and Drogon burned Sam's father and brother so is that house gone too?

Dorne, Martell/Sand: Gone.
    Highgarden, Tyrell: Gone.
    The Twins, Frey: Gone.
    Dreadfort, Bolton: Gone.

Storm's End, Baratheon: Gone, more or less. Gendry's a bastard.
    Horn Hill, Tarly: Gone, more or less. Sam gave up all lands and titles joining the Night's Watch.
    Riverrun, Tully: Gone, mostly. Edmure still imprisoned presumably.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Horn Hill, Tarly: Gone, more or less. Sam gave up all lands and titles joining the Night's Watch.
    What happens if they defeat the night king and there's no more need for the Nightwatch?

Evade wrote: »
    What happens if they defeat the night king and there's no more need for the Nightwatch?

Stannis said he could legitimise Jon and make him Lord of Winterfell. So if Jon/Dany end up on the throne, they could do the same for Sam, if he wants it.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Stannis said he could legitimise Jon and make him Lord of Wintefell. So if Jon/Dany end up on the throne, they could do the same for Sam, if he wants it.
    I meant in a more general case. I don't know if there are any other highborn in the Nightwatch but if there are and they're released from their oath it would make succession in those houses interesting.

• Advertisement

I don't think there's many highborn in the Night's Watch. The only highborn that I can think of are Jon, Sam, Jeor Mormont, Aemon Targaryen and Benjen. And only one of them is still in the NW/alive. The very first guy we see in GoT was also highborn but I don't think the show ever mentioned his name. He was Waymar Royce, Yohn Royce's son.

Advertisement