Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Non book readers" - Season 7 Episode 7 "The Dragon and the Wolf"

Options
  • 25-08-2017 9:02am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Note anything after this post may contain spoilers for the episode; do not read or open this thread until you have watched the whole episode!!!

This is ONLY about the specific episode! No information from any other source but listed below are allowed to be posted but book related information is allowed as well as the lore from the DVDs. Anything relating to interviews or articles directly related to this episode can be posted with a spoiler tag.

The "Next Episode" and any speculation on what may come in the future episodes should be put in the appropriate Season 7 speculation thread; any funny pictures from the episode should be posted in this thread until Wednesday rather than the funny picture thread.

In addition anyone picking up 3 yellow cards will be banned from the forum for the current season; in case of serious enough transgressions the ban may come earlier than 3 cards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

We're f**ked

• Registered Users Posts: 37,860 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Slow in parts but the meeting was brilliantly acted but the last few mins was unreal

We have a long but exciting wait til season 8

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Well now! That was highly entertaining!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,860 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

A bit of accidental incest lol

Its going too be Awkward later on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Absolutely brilliant episode, loads of politics and some action. Can't believe we have to wait so long now. Definitely worth staying up for. I literally laughed out loud at parts and shouted at the tv at others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,111 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That's my favourite episode ever. Absolutely brilliant, top to bottom. Not one single complaint.

We saw Rhaegar fúcking Targaryen and Lyanna!

I knew Sansa wouldn't let us down!

Aunt and Nephew riding away, I'm all for it!

Too much to process!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Good episode but the ending had too much of an 1980s b-movie aesthetic to it-like a Cannon Group film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Was it the same actor that played denys brother?

Jayop wrote: »

Don't think so. Hairstyle is the same...

XuRRjpel.jpg

Inbreeding for generations, there's bound to be similarities.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Todd Toddington III

Jayop wrote: »

I thought so too...sure didn't tommen play his cousin (killed by the karstarks) in an earlier season also? Keep it in the family

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Arise JonAegonStarkSnowSandTargaryen

Jamiekelly wrote: »

AeJon Starkgaryen.

Rolls off the tongue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Evade

Auntcest, the wall coming down, Cersei alone, and Littlefinger dead. They really packed it in to those last few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

It's still just people walking to places.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭THall04

Stark sisters......too cocky.
    If they had a band , they be called Smuggy Mc SmugFace.
    Theon....no cocky...secret weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Creeping Death

Absolutely hated seeing the Night King riding Viserion, just seemed too cheesy to me.

Yes, yes, suspend your disbelief, it's all fantasy, blah blah blah...don't care, didn't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Creeping Death

I actually wish they wrapped up the whole Night King/walking dead thing this season.

The conflict between the living is so much more interesting, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

**** son, that finale.

My heart was actually in my mouth when Jaime turned to Cersei and The Mountain seemed to unsheath his sword. It'd have broken my heart.

The wall coming down was POWERFUL. Death-Dragon is some scary ****.

Lots of nice little funny bits. The Hound's "**** off" near the start had me in stitches.

Just a great, great episode. 80 minutes long and it flew by.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

longshanks wrote: »
    It's still just people walking to places.

Nah, that's Lord of the Rings. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

Great episode.

When I saw Bran sitting behind Stanza in the Great Hall I knew Little Finger was finally about to get his comupence :)

I was sure Jamie was done, thought Cersie's nod was a "go ahead a kill my brother" nod rather than a "let him go" one.

Not sure what to make of Tyrion's look of concern after he watched Jon go into his aunt's chambers. I presume he doesn't know who Jon really is yet and I doubt it was one of jealousy (although no doubt he wouldn't mind getting to know Dani better).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

So is the whole of season 8 going to be set in snow? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

So is the whole of season 8 going to be set in snow? :/

Pretty much. Winter is here after all. :P

But yeah, they are filming from October onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,494 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Now that the wall is down in part and they can pass wouldn't the best plan be for a white walker to sneak into kingslanding and slowing turn people.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

HBO - Inside the Episode:

And the Behind the scenes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Varik wrote: »
    Now that the wall is down in part and they can pass wouldn't the best plan be for a white walker to sneak into kingslanding and slowing turn people.

Surprisingly enough I actually thought that would have happened this episode while I was watching it.

When the Hound told the Lannister to not touch the crate I half expected him to open it out of curiosity when no one was looking and end up being killed by the wight and unleashing a slowly spreading plague of death on KL before anyone noticed.

Ah well, they missed a trick there I think. Would have made for a solid medieval 28 days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

So to be a royal incest is required in fiction and reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭golfball37

I enjoyed it. Was a bit confused by the Jamie scene as I thought she motioned Clegane to kill him?
    I dunno what Tyrions problem was with Jon and Dany?
    Night king on the dragon looked a bit 60s horror b movie but that's just a personal thing.
    Interactions at KL were excellent, the baddies are far more interesting in GOT I find and Cersei owns every scene she inhabits, like her father before her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

golfball37 wrote: »
    I enjoyed it. Was a bit confused by the Jamie scene as I thought she motioned Clegane to kill him?
    I dunno what Tyrions problem was with Jon and Dany?
    Night king on the dragon looked a bit 60s horror b movie but that's just a personal thing.
    Interactions at KL were excellent, the baddies are far more interesting in GOT I find and Cersei owns every scene she inhabits, like her father before her.

He may know about the half brother sister or whatever they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭The Hound Gone Wild

From last weeks episode thread:
    C'mon. Stevie wonder can tell where this season is going. The NK is going to use Viserion to melt the wall.

Also:

The fellowship will bring The one Wight to rule them all to the council of Elrond (king's landing). Somebody (gimli) will attempt to destroy the ring (Wight) The ring survives. Everyone will be shocked but will agree the ring must be destroyed. Boromir (Cercei) will join the fellowship but will have an ulterior motive, to use the war of ring to Gondor's (house lanister's) advantage. :pac:

Nailed it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Jamiekelly wrote: »

The woman of a million titles meets the man of a million names.

Davos really isn't one for salesmanship, eh?

Advertisement