Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Limerick Light Rail

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrJones2013

Really like this proposal, it shows the potential available and if you were to develop a commuter rail using the existing lines shown it wouldn't cost an extortionate amount to give the Limerick region a viable public transport network linking commuter towns such as Ennis and Nenagh to the city.

If park and rides were available and ticket pricing competitive this would probably appeal to a large amount of people and use would grow over time.

If the commuter rail was a success the proposed LRT line from the airport to Annacotty wouldn't be just a pipe dream but a possible infrastructure project linking the airport to the city and beyond.

Proposals like this should be coming from the Limerick Smarter Travel team and surveys carried out to see would it be used, not just being put on boards for debate! Fair play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 motleypotato

Mc Love wrote: »
    This is a really good plan! I just mentioned on the M20 thread that if there was a dooradoyle stop, that I'd be leaving the car at home. The line goes behind the houses in Huntsfield, if there was a station near that bridge it would be perfect. Another one further up at ballycummin/back of industrial estate would be great.

Really like this idea for Limerick. I think using the existing lines even without the LRT, there is huge potential in suburban rail in Limerick city. A bit of joined up thinking between Limerick Smarter travel, Limerick 2030 and the other regional development plans could really help. Even if it was years away, the right of ways need to be maintained, unfortunately from a recent survey done on google earth, it looks like the Rathkeele spur has houses built in the original route.

I may be biased but I'll always maintain that Limerick has amazing potential it just needs to be used and developed.

Advertisement