Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little moments that made you realise someone's no good

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

That's an incredibly arseholey thing to do. If you don't want to hang around with someone anymore, just don't. Don't fúck about with them for your own amusement. That's unbelievably mean-spirited.

If my children acted like that, I'd be ashamed of them.

If he acts like a dick and has little redeeming characteristics then **** him. Have little information to judge in this case though. I have 3 categories of people. I like, don't like or don't know. Like or don't know get the same treatment but I'll help out mates more. The third group can go ****. I don't take the decision not to like someone lightly. I know plenty people that get my heckles up but I can generally rationalize it back to my own issue so I know I can't dislike them as its my problem. If I do make the decision though then I won't piss on you if your on fire. Maybe that makes me no good. So be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

fizzypish wrote: »
    If he acts like a dick and has little redeeming characteristics then **** him. Have little information to judge in this case though. I have 3 categories of people. I like, don't like or don't know. Like or don't know get the same treatment but I'll help out mates more. The third group can go ****. I don't take the decision not to like someone lightly. I know plenty people that get my heckles up but I can generally rationalize it back to my own issue so I know I can't dislike them as its my problem. If I do make the decision though then I won't piss on you if your on fire. Maybe that makes me no good. So be it.

Wait, rereading your original post, I think I picked you up wrong so major apologies if I did. Are you advising him not to drop him immediately because the friend could make his life hell if he does? You weren't advising him to mess with the friend's head, were you? That's how I originally read it

Edit…
    8th sentence is a bit wordy and probably could use some punctuation but what else requires editing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

8th sentence is a bit wordy and probably could use some punctuation but what else requires editing?

Now editied. See above…

Now editied. See above…
    My bad. Patience is not my virtue today.
    Wait, rereading your original post, I think I picked you up wrong so major apologies if I did. Are you advising him not to drop him immediately because the friend could make his life hell if he does? You weren't advising him to mess with the friend's head, were you? That's how I originally read it

I was being a dick. I had an image in my head of deciding "I don't like this dude anymore" and why have I wasted time hanging out with him. Deciding I never want to hang out again but before I do inserting him in a situation where he's gonna spaz out, chuckling and walking away. So your original assessment is probably right. I'm in a bit of a cunty mood today.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Chuchote wrote: »
    in fact anyone who drives those short journeys of less than 5km -

I sold a gearbox, wheels with tyres and several other drivetrain attributed parts last night, in my local shop. Round trip: 4km.

But you make a good point. I should have balanced the gearbox on my head, outstretched my arms and tied the driveshafts to them with the wiring loom, hung the flex discs on my... nose then rolled to the shop balancing on the 2 wheels and tyres.

I must remember to be as smart as you :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Not so much a little moment but a little thing - leaving long gaps in between communications at the start of dating in some kind of childish way to play hard to get. F*cking ridiculous. Ain't nobody got time for that sh*t - we are not teenagers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

Ineedaname wrote: »
    BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Anyone who looks down on someone on the dole. Snide comments like "but they can afford sky sports" etc..

Also cnuts who make comments about women with kids and no man in her life, stuff like "she should have kept her legs crossed" etc...

This.

Know a few like that. Funnily enough they're the same type that are suddenly bursting for the jacks any time a round is due.
    or arrive late and just buy a drink for themselves, though not as bad as they have notr got one. but still it is to avoid spending any money except their own drink

• Registered Users Posts: 22,016 ✭✭✭✭Esel

or arrive late and just buy a drink for themselves, though not as bad as they have notr got one. but still it is to avoid spending any money except their own drink

I thought the round system was long gone.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

What's wrong with that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

I've absolutely no issue if someone doesn't want to get involved in rounds. Ties you down and probably makes your night more expensive than it should be. Scabbing drinks and not buying back is completely different though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I've absolutely no issue if someone doesn't want to get involved in rounds. Ties you down and probably makes your night more expensive than it should be. Scabbing drinks and not buying back is completely different though

Yup, I actually hate getting into rounds and some people are well cheeky about it too, ordering a double spirit and tonic while yours might be a pint of beer. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Not so much a little moment but a little thing - leaving long gaps in between communications at the start of dating in some kind of childish way to play hard to get. F*cking ridiculous. Ain't nobody got time for that sh*t - we are not teenagers!

Feel your pain missus, nobody is straight forward anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Employers disrespecting employees two days in to a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

"peaceful protestors" attacking Irish Water workers who were just doing their jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭2ygb4cmqetsjhx

If the day ever comes that you decide that you want to drop this friend, take a deep breath and don't drop him.... immediately... Someone like this is going to be a barrel of laughs to **** with when your not attached to them any more. I'm sure he's got loads of good qualities not displayed above of course.

To be honest he's not a bad guy. He just has his issues. I just find them entertaining at this stage. I've known him since 2013 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Social snobbery. People looking down on you for the type of job you do regardless of how hard you work or the integrity you do it with.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

branie2 wrote: »
    "peaceful protestors" attacking Irish Water workers who were just doing their jobs.

Those posters for "peoples right to call a referendum" by people belonging to a political party that operates in the UK too. A country that has only had three non-binding referendums.

Here a referendum can alter the constitution. It's serious business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

OhHiMark;104536305
    Jack Magee;104536116or arrive late and just buy a drink for themselves, though not as bad as they have not got one. but still it is to avoid spending any money except their own drink

What's wrong with that?
    yes that is fair comment. i was referring in context to someone i know who would deliberatly do it as he is too tight to get into rounds. so it is tightness i consider no good
    i was in a group of 12 one day when we stopped in for a drink coming from a seminar. a different tighter was among us. everyone broke into little groups and bought for a couple of people even though it was only one drink and we did not have time to buy a return. but this tight guy went off and bought his own asked no one. Someone  asked me if i wanted a druink before i could ask anyone. the tighter guy saw me with pint and said "well jack did you get a pint". i was going to say "if i was waiting on you to get me one i would die of dehydration" but didn't cos it was pleasant group.
    The chap that bought me a drink i met at a christmas party monts later and got him one there as i had not time at the post seminar drink. So i was not being tight or mean. I hate tight mean people so depressing to be around
    sorry edited this twice and cannot remove the second one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

OhHiMark;104536305
    Leland Cool Gum;104536116or arrive late and just buy a drink for themselves, though not as bad as they have not got one. but still it is to avoid spending any money except their own drink

What's wrong with that?
    yes that is fair comment. i was referring in context to someone i know who would deliberatly do it as he is too tight to get into rounds. so it is tightness i consider no good
    i was in a group of 12 one day when we stopped in for a drink coming from a seminar. a different tighter was among us. everyone broke into little groups and bought for a couple of people even though it was only one drink and we did not have time to buy a return. but this tight guy went off and bought his own asked no one. Someone  asked me if i wanted a druink before i could ask anyone. the tighter guy saw me with pint and said "well jack did you get a pint". i was going to say "if i was waiting on you to get me one i would die of dehydration" but didn't cos it was pleasant group.
    The chap that bought me a drink i met at a christmas party monts later and got him one there as i had not time at the post seminar drink. So i was not being tight or mean. I hate tight mean people so depressing to be around
    sorry edited this twice and cannot remove the second one

I dont get your point, i'm one of the least miserly people I know but i always hated rounds and only bought for myself for years, Any time i was in rounds I either ended up with 2 pints in front of me or else none and waiting an age for the next round etc, also found i was spending way more on nights out than when just buying my own drink, also inevitably someone ends up ****ed, you buy 2rounds for instance, but more than a few could end up only buying 1 round in a bigger group, so you lose. or you get get pints in but someone else's round gets stuck with shots of spirits, so they'd lose out.

really its all just a huge big mess as far as i'm concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

It's a bit tight expecting people to buy you a drink back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭qhe0i9zvfgdou8

Interesting thread this I could think of several examples of moments when I realised people were no good.
    But I think the most despicable act I ever heard of was a lad who fancied himself as a bit of a scribe and wrote (badly) a few words for his mothers memorial card and added at the bottom that he was available for hire.
    So he effectively advertised his service on his mothers memorial card.
    I wouldn't have believed this but I heard it straight from a cousin of his I know fairly well. I said to her you must be joking but she took it out of her handbag and showed it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Interesting thread this I could think of several examples of moments when I realised people were no good.
    But I think the most despicable act I ever heard of was a lad who fancied himself as a bit of a scribe and wrote (badly) a few words for his mothers memorial card and added at the bottom that he was available for hire.
    So he effectively advertised his service on his mothers memorial card.
    I wouldn't have believed this but I heard it straight from a cousin of his I know fairly well. I said to her you must be joking but she took it out of her handbag and showed it to me.

What service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 RebelHeart1981

When they put their hands on their Mother....

When they put their hands on their Mother....

I'd prefer it if they put their hands on their mother to hug them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 RebelHeart1981

branie2 wrote: »
    I'd prefer it if they put their hands on their mother to hug them

Me too, but it's not always the case sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

People who try to get others sacked because they don't like them, grow the **** up ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭qhe0i9zvfgdou8

OhHiMark wrote:
    What service?

A supposed writer

People who use the term snowflake

• Advertisement
Advertisement