Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little moments that made you realise someone's no good

Options
  • 22-08-2017 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭

My mam's friend is divorced from a real piece of sh1t. They were out taking a walk when she was pregnant, along with their friend and her small child. As they were taking a short cut through a field, all of a sudden he legs it, jumps the gate at the top and THEN called down to them "watch out, there's a bull". My mam was hearing this story told as a "haha what's he like" thing but remembers it as a decisive moment in terms of what she thought of him.

Someone else I know went to see The Sixth Sense with a mate, who copped the twist about 45 minutes in and loudly announced "OH I KNOW! HE'S DEAD TOO!". Had to have everyone know how clever he was, even though it meant ruining the rest of the film for them.

Anyone else got any little moments that might not seem like such a big deal but turn out to be the beginning of the end of your high regard for someone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

A long time ago now, myself and a certain "partner" were late in submitting a project.

..Now, we were mature students - I shared the fact with this "gent" that we were accepted back to college on the basis we both did a year out in an IT role, (callcentre for me).

The course tutor, and head lecturer on the course did not have a particularly high opinion of both of us.

I had a conversation with this "partner" about the impact of the lateness of our project submission.
    This "partner" assured me he had "fast - talked" [course tutor] into accepting our late submission.
    Finally this "partner" would not do any weekend study with me. Just would'nt.

I endured the graduation ceremony with him the following October. A STUPID aunt, my mother's sister, commanded me to attend the graduation ceremony. That was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    A long time ago now, myself and a certain "partner" were late in submitting a project.

..Now, we were mature students - I shared the fact with this "gent" that we were accepted back to college on the basis we both did a year out in an IT role, (callcentre for me).

The course tutor, and head lecturer on the course did not have a particularly high opinion of both of us.

I had a conversation with this "partner" about the impact of the lateness of our project submission.
    This "partner" assured me he had "fast - talked" [course tutor] into accepting our late submission.
    Finally this "partner" would not do any weekend study with me. Just would'nt.

I endured the graduation ceremony with him the following October. A STUPID aunt, my mother's sister, commanded me to attend the graduation ceremony. That was it.

I just had one of those moments...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,508 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

My so-called "friend" ate my last Rolo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Someone else I know went to see The Sixth Sense with a mate, who copped the twist about 45 minutes in and loudly announced "OH I KNOW! HE'S DEAD TOO!". Had to have everyone know how clever he was, even though it meant ruining the rest of the film for them.
    Fuxk sake, you just ruined that movie for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

What?
    Forgot to disable <autoconfuse>, I'm guessing...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Any turd that openly admits to claiming compensation when there's shag all wrong with them.

One lad I know even had the nerve to make a fraudulent insurance claim on his holiday insurance, a holiday he went on, on the back of a 'whiplash' claim.

Bollocks said he had a load of stuff robbed from the beach and tried to claim the price of the holiday back. Not sure how the claim eventually ended up, but it's w@nkers like him that have the rest of us paying for sky high insurance premiums.

Lies.

I hate people who lie. Had a friend miss a meet up, just lunch. Texted her. 24 hours later she said she had been stuck at work and had forgotten her phone. She was stumped when I pointed out that there was about 30 people with mobiles at her workplace. She then said she had forgotten about lunch. But damage was done. Tore a strip off her, got a few messages afterwards where she was clearly trying to slide back into the friendship thing, told her that wasn't happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,072 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

She spits

'Tis only terrible bad manners so it is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Lies.

I hate people who lie. Had a friend miss a meet up, just lunch. Texted her. 24 hours later she said she had been stuck at work and had forgotten her phone. She was stumped when I pointed out that there was about 30 people with mobiles at her workplace. She then said she had forgotten about lunch. But damage was done. Tore a strip off her, got a few messages afterwards where she was clearly trying to slide back into the friendship thing, told her that wasn't happening.

People these days are too demanding and have short friendship spans... And you're not even a woman, as if you've never fobbed anyone off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Lies.

I've told the - very occasional - white lie to get out of a social occasion with friends, albeit with lots of notice. I'd never dream of just not showing up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

Lies.

Seems harsh tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

When they punch you whilst drunk for no reason, other than for whats going on in their head.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

Had a manager who used "retard" to describe most anyone who she did not like. I had a relative with an intellectual disability so that ragged me a lot. Also, she was not exactly Mensa grade material herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

People who only talk to you when they need something off you and drip with insincerity, only to ignore you the second you don't have anything of value.

I regularly picked up a coffee for someone I used to work with if I was going out to get something for myself. I got him maybe ten coffees over a few months. He never offered to pay me for them, and I didn't expect him to.

The one and only time he asked me if I wanted something, he put it on the desk when he came in, took out the receipt to show me what I owed him and asked me to pay him immediately, which I did. It was a small chocolate bar, about a third of the price of one coffee.

I've been put off people before but that's the smallest thing I can think of.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Rick Shaw wrote: »
    Any turd that openly admits to claiming compensation when there's shag all wrong with them.

One lad I know even had the nerve to make a fraudulent insurance claim on his holiday insurance, a holiday he went on, on the back of a 'whiplash' claim.

Bollocks said he had a load of stuff robbed from the beach and tried to claim the price of the holiday back. Not sure how the claim eventually ended up, but it's w@nkers like him that have the rest of us paying for sky high insurance premiums.

Thats a clever idea about the beach stuff. Must remember that one. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

When your housemate is incapable of buying toilet paper to wipe their own hole

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Katgurl

I was in college as a mature student doing a predominantly male course. Myself and the only other same-age female gravitated toward each other. She was grand company but i did notice she was very good at mobilising other people to do her bidding; assignments, free grinds, collecting notes, lifts etc. I was financially comfortable for a student as worked and she used me like an atm. I copped this but didn't mind too much thinking its only money and i am not short atm.

Anyway my contracts finished and i went looking for other work. I got on very well with the department head so mentioned i was available to him and he began recommending students to me for grinds that had failed their 1st and 2nd year grinds. Soon i had a very handy source of regular income.

One day i was chatting to a guy from anothet course who said he had heard i gave great tuition and could i help him and a few buddies as they were all lost with certain areas. I said yes, check out how many and we would work out a price based on group size. I gave him my number but never heard from him.

Months later i bumped into him. It transpired he had misplaced phone shortly after speaking to me but recognised my friend on corridor and asked for my number. Imagine my surprise when he told me how she explained i was now booked out but how she would do him a better deal than me. She never breathed a word to me.

Wagon.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Katgurl wrote: »
    Wagon.
    Bloody right!

For me people who pull emotional stuff to try to get what they want are a red flag. People who force intimacy as "friends" too quickly. They'll alway turn out to be as reliable as a baby's arse.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

When they wouldn't start the dance.

People these days are too demanding and have short friendship spans... And you're not even a woman, as if you've never fobbed anyone off

If it was a close friend, I'd be honest.

That's kinda the point of close friendships, there is trust. It distinguishes close friends from friends and acquaintances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Benjamin Buttons

Lies.

It's not you Conor, it's her....or something.
    Plenty more fish in the sea and all that bollox.
    Straighten your back, smarten yourself up, and for chrissakes get over it man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Also who even knows people's numbers these days?

It's not you Conor, it's her....or something.
    Plenty more fish in the sea and all that bollox.
    Straighten your back, smarten yourself up, and for chrissakes get over it man!

Oh long since over it! Losing a close friend is disappointing. Heard a few things afterwards, she ripped off another close friend of both of ours, a friend of hers was involved in some very nasty business involving stealing money from vulnerable people etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Benjamin Buttons

Oh long since over it! Losing a close friend is disappointing. Heard a few things afterwards, she ripped off another close friend of both of ours, a friend of hers was involved in some very nasty business involving stealing money from vulnerable people etc.

Good man. That's the spirit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Anyone that treats animals poorly.
    Anyone that acts rude to service staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When I was at college we had a practical class. I think I was out of the room or something but when I re entered the room people were starting to get ready. A girl grabbed me by the door and said that the lecturer said we were meant to pair up. I went off and started working and all off a sudden the lecturer came up to me and started giving out saying that we weren't meant to be in pairs.
    The girl said that freshpopcorn came up to me and said that the lecturer said that we were meant to pair up.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

My store manager & assistant manager were in the office on a conference call with the district manager tearing strips off them. I had got some bad news from home and went to the canteen (beside the office) just to take a few minutes to calm down and compose myself. The AM comes out of the office to go to the loo and sees me, obviously upset, and asks me what's up. I tell her and she gives me a 30 second pep talk before going back into the office. 30 seconds later she comes back out and heads off to the sales floor. I thought nothing of it until about a week later when I was chatting to the SM about something and mentioned the conference call. "Oh yeah," she said, "**** was telling me about how upset you were that day, she asked if she could leave the conference call & come out to you to calm you down. I felt awful for you but was raging that I had to deal with the call on my own." :eek: :mad:
    I was speechless at first but soon corrected her on where her AM had gone to after leaving her to deal with the sh1tst0rm on the call!!! I haven't been able to look at the AM the same since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭alberto67

Any mod closing an AH thread.

Advertisement