Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mother of six shot dead. Why no outrage?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Who what now? A link probably wouldn't go astray ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

She's not a journalist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 The Omen II

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/mumofsix-and-man-killed-three-including-child-injured-in-dublin-housing-estate-shooting-36038963.html

Dont shoot politicians.

Dont shoot journalists.

If the gangsters live by these rules it seems like they get away with anything.

The world is in hysteria about islamic terrorism, :rolleyes: these gangsters can shoot who they like when they like any day of the week with automatic weapons in Dublin. :pac:

Sickens my ar*s

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

She was related to a known criminal who was in her house?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

A decade ago scenes like this would of brought protesters to the streets.
    http://www.thejournal.ie/gardai-ballymun-3553558-Aug2017/
    Were you out in the streets protesting yourself?

Or are you just moaning about how other people aren't doing stuff you aren't doing either?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

The outrage tank is empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

She wasn't an innocent bystander. Live by the sword etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

If you are born in a stable, it doesn't mean you are a horse. But it does mean you smell like one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

If the shootings of two children (one left in a wheelchair), and near miss of a child where a bullet lodged in their car seat, did not lead to change then it can hardly be surprising that the same non response happens again. Any number of innocent people have been shot by "gangland" criminals at this stage. Forgotten about within days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 The Omen II

Stheno wrote: »
    She was related to a known criminal who was in her house?
    Ah sure she was from Ballymun until somebody respectable gets killed and nobody will care.
    Ah sure she had it coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

Druggie people on a rough estate getting shot is not deemed as tragic as innocent people getting shot. There is always a sense of "could that happen to me/people like me?" When it is a drug or gangland related feud, most just shrug and move on feeling that it is just a few more criminals off the streets.
    I am not saying that it is right, just how it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

The corrupt garda management will trot out their favourite lack of resources line.

The garda inspectorate in their report last october identified that at least 1500 garda members were engaged in non operational roles and should be reassigned to their actual job.
    Anyone care to guess how many have left the comfy office chair?
    It rhymes with hero.

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/article35143116.ece

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

annascott wrote: »
    Druggie people on a rough estate getting shot is not deemed as tragic as innocent people getting shot. There is always a sense of "could that happen to me/people like me?" When it is a drug or gangland related feud, most just shrug and move on feeling that it is just a few more criminals off the streets.
    I am not saying that it is right, just how it is.

The young man shot was a locksmith with no criminal record, as far as I know the woman had no record either. Not everyone from a rough estate is a "druggie person".

• Registered Users Posts: 23,464 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

All the gang suspects could be rounded up in one go if there was the political will. Those in Spain could all be arrested in the morning if the will was there.

Absent that Gardaí, under resourced and fúked by a liberal judiciary, more than happy to let them kill each other and associates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

The outrage tank is empty.

This x 100.

Boy who cried wolf outrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Because she didn't fall of a balcony in America

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭keith_sixteen

Because she didn't fall of a balcony in America

What a disgusting comment. None of those kids fell off the balcony, it collapsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

What a disgusting comment. None of those kids fell off the balcony, it collapsed.

We were still plunged into national mourning over it. Terrible tragedy but complete overkill and wouldn't have happened only for the background of the victims.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

A decade ago scenes like this would of brought protesters to the streets.
    http://www.thejournal.ie/gardai-ballymun-3553558-Aug2017/

Maybe because she might not be the innocent bystander she's been made out to be?

She was related to known criminals, had welcomed them into her home.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I'm early for work so I'm going to have a coffee and plan out what will hopefully be a productive day.

eviltwin wrote: »
    We were still plunged into national mourning over it. Terrible tragedy but complete overkill and wouldn't have happened only for the background of the victims.

So that makes it ok to flat out lie about what happened and effectively blame them for "falling off a balcony"?

I'd say there was at least as much begrudgery and lies about those kids as there was mourning.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

OOOUUUTTTTTRRRRAAAAAAGGGGEEEEE.

Sorry, I'm late, was parking the car.
    Is that suitable outrage?

So that makes it ok to flat out lie about what happened and effectively blame them for "falling off a balcony"?

What is the difference between that accident and the two shot dead in Ballymun?

Oh yeah - they were from Ballymun.

"Two shot dead in Ballsbridge in broad daylight" - front page news.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,012 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

The balcony collapse got more attention and national mourning than the death in a fire of 10 people from the traveling community.

What is the difference between that accident and the two shot dead in Ballymun?

Oh yeah - they were from Ballymun.

"Two shot dead in Ballsbridge in broad daylight" - front page news.

What are you on about? This was front page news.

What are you on about? This was front page news.

No it wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,285 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

If they were up to their necks in criminality I doubt many would be that bothered, I know I wouldn't anyway but the man who was shot was innocent, just in the wrong place at the wrong time and while she was related to a known criminal there is no evidence that she was involved herself in any criminal activity.

Yes it made the news but it's naive to think that a persons backround doesn't influence the amount of coverage it gets, VG died 21 years ago and it's still fresh in people's minds because it makes the news from time to time, this man who was shot will be forgotten about in a years time because nobody will mention it in the media.

In the same week that Katie French overdosed the same thing happened to 2 other fellas, their deaths barely even got a mention.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

A lot of us have grown tired of protests. It's just a lot of noise, holds up traffic where ever they are and frustrates commuters. Very little gets changed by protests in this country. And who are you going to protest to? The gangs involved don't give a shít. We don't have a justice system that works effectively end to end. And the top tier of the Gardaí and the Government are currently focused on chasing money... or so we are lead to believe.

Advertisement