Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you urinate in public?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Never.

I would if I needed to, but I've been blessed with a massive bladder, so it's never been an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Yep. Not proud of it and always try to avoid it by emptying the bladder just before I leave any drinking establishment, but it can be a long walk home sometimes and if you have to go then you have to go, I'd rather it than wetting myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Ficheall

No.

Every pub has at least one, there's no shortage.

Do you buy a drink while you're in using their facilities?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Saturday evening really brings out the intellectualism of A.H. threads...

Yeah, i pee in public when i have to. I don't head for the nearest phonebox when the tank is filling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Ficheall wrote: »
    Do you buy a drink while you're in using their facilities?

Well, it would be kinda hard to order a pint while taking a whizz to be fair.

It can be hard enough while standing at the bar counter at times!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Ficheall

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

Yesterday, 6.30pm. Petrol station that HAS a toilet. Guy pays for his fuel and says "Thanks Boss". When I get outside both he and his friend are peeing against the side wall of the building,in front of quite a few people as the majority of parking is at that side..not a bother to them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Ever been to garage bar in town? You'd do it easy :D

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Ever been to garage bar in town? You'd do it easy :D

A what now? *takes sip of brandy*

jluv wrote: »
    "Thanks Boss".

That was probably the clue.

And, you know... whatever you're used to :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

I would say on average once a day outside.
    I'm in the countryside most of the time. you just go when you need to.
    if there is a loo there to use then you use it if not then find a convenient place and go. nothing wrong with that
    I'm not a big drinker so never get caught out late at night in built up areas.
    I would try my best not to do it on the street or in an ally but needs must

there is a huge shortfall in public toilets in every village and town in this country. I know because I use them regularly on my travels and have plan in my head anywhere I'm going on where il head if needed.
    lots of petrol stations and shops will have the toilet locked and you can only get the key if you are a customer

an awful lot of government and public buildings don't have toilets for the public. its a disgrace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

A what now? *takes sip of brandy*

http://garagebar.ie/

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I went to a football match during the week and was skagging for wizz. There was absolutely nowhere to go that was remotely discreet until I seen a man exit a small bush beside a church. I thought, "let's do it" and pissed against the church wall. Seconds after I exited the Bush, I walked in horse ****. His Lord giveth, his Lord taketh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I have seen Q's forming for taking a piss in laneways. I have seen people walk out of a bar, pass a toilet, and take a piss around the corner. And these are lads in their early 30's.

Ffs, why can't you just use the jacks lads?

A lot of lads pissing in corners on building sites aswell. All I can say is mind your sandwiches.

myshirt wrote: »
    I have seen Q's forming for taking a piss in laneways. I have seen people walk out of a bar, pass a toilet, and take a piss around the corner. And these are lads in their early 30's.

Ffs, why can't you just use the jacks lads?

A lot of lads pissing in corners on building sites aswell. All I can say is mind your sandwiches.

If it's quicker to go outside a pub to p*ss than use the jacks then I will (and come back in again).

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

I looked it up. I was expecting to see urinals attached to the far side of the bar counter.

I am disappoint. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Define public like.....

Define public like.....

It's when someone comes up and gives you a kiss in front of your friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

It's when someone comes up and gives you a kiss in front of your friends.

Oh well then in that cases totes.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,998 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

If it's quicker to go outside a pub to p*ss than use the jacks then I will (and come back in again).

This should be the opening line of all your posts, would help posters unfamiliar with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Every time a rug is micturated upon in this fair city I have to compensate?

Are Am Eye wrote: »

A Pee for a Pee?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Are Am Eye wrote: »

Every time someone uses a thesaurus I have to bow to vastly superior intelligence?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,065 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

jluv wrote: »
    Yesterday, 6.30pm. Petrol station that HAS a toilet. Guy pays for his fuel and says "Thanks Boss". When I get outside both he and his friend are peeing against the side wall of the building,in front of quite a few people as the majority of parking is at that side..not a bother to them..

Seen similar last week at the entrance to a centra, middle of the day, busy shop, right at the wall on the ramp into the shop. Can only assume there was something not right with the guy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

No but I would if I owned a she pee

http://www.dealz.ie/female-urinal

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

alberto67 wrote: »
    No, i only urinate outdoors at night time, saves flushing...
    If it's yellow let it mellow,
    if it's brown flush it down.

I thought, "let's do it" and pissed against the church wall.
    If you've ever wondered why some of the centuries old public buildings have a 45 degree slant about two feet off the ground ?

It's to cause splashback because public urination attacks limestone.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Daft proposition. If im walking in the mountains, as i do, for 6 or 7 hours and i duck off the track for a moment to pee, technically its in public but every other person up there will be doing the same that day out of necessity.

Ive ducked behind quiet trees on my way home after a night out when taxis used to be a rarity in Dublin too but id always be fully discrete.

So, there is a massive difference between drunks whipping it out anywhere and young wans hitching up their skirts with abandon in city centres and someone discretely relieving themselves concious of the fact there may be others about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Daft proposition. If im walking in the mountains, as i do, for 6 or 7 hours and i duck off the track for a moment to pee, technically its in public but every other person up there will be doing the same that day out of necessity.

Ive ducked behind quiet trees on my way home after a night out when taxis used to be a rarity in Dublin too but id always be fully discrete.

So, there is a massive difference between drunks whipping it out anywhere and young wans hitching up their skirts with abandon in city centres and someone discretely relieving themselves concious of the fact there may be others about.

Aha but lads (pardon the pun) will always get done before young wans.

If a young lad gets arrested for peeing discreetly late at night in any town in Ireland it just further shows how cowardly our guardians of the peace are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Larbre34 wrote: »

I used to sit in the company of an old, ex Belfast native in my local pub.

He gave me lots of "valuable life lessons" over luke warm pints of lager in the local. The above seemed quite pertinent.

Jamesie schooled me on how a man "could always distinguish between the front and the back of a tree"

Piss marks = the back of a tree" apparently. Cos no one ever pisses at the front of them.

Advertisement