Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfriendly Neighbours

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

Where are they from OP? People from certain places are less friendly sometimes

I must really hang onto that. Since ive bought my house its been my biggest fear that a bunch of scumbags would move in next door. We have a halting site not to far away either.
    With an attitude like that, the travellers are probably hoping that you will keep your distance from their homes, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Wait till they're all home, let yourself in, drop the kaks and plant a log in in the centre of the living room floor, guaranteed to get a reaction then Andy...

You've been watching Cheap Thrills haven't you. :D:D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

With an attitude like that, the travellers are probably hoping that you will keep your distance from their homes, too.

haha piss off.
    Every time i go past that site there is another burned out vehicle. Cars and vans parked all over the road regardless of the double yellow lines. Huge amount of trash is thrown over the fence into the neighboring business carpark, horses tied up in public areas near by, the kids speed around the neighbor hood in scooters without license plates or helmets.
    But by all means, tell me theyre a great bunch and i should be happy to have them live next door.

But yets not turn this into another traveler thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Where are they from OP? People from certain places are less friendly sometimes

Id only be surmising at the moment , it might even turn out they are more Irish than I am - so better leave it there until I have me facts straight - if we get to the talking stage one day I might ask the question I have been asked for the last 26 years "where ye from?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Autochange wrote: »
    Just give them another chance. Maybe they are nice people and were having a bad day. Next time you see them give them your best smile and a wave.

If that doesn't work and they still dont respond then put rocks through their house windows and burn out their car on the driveway.

Better still if you see your neighbour the next time at the bus stop, go over the top, run over and hug him and kiss him in both cheeks. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

haha piss off.
    Every time i go past that site there is another burned out vehicle. Cars and vans parked all over the road regardless of the double yellow lines. Huge amount of trash is thrown over the fence into the neighboring business carpark, horses tied up in public areas near by, the kids speed around the neighbor hood in scooters without license plates or helmets.
    But by all means, tell me theyre a great bunch and i should be happy to have them live next door.

never a dull moment though - cheaper than going to a cinema to see the latest action film, you sound like you got it all on yer doorstep :D

next you will be saying we live in a Law-less society where there is one rule for some and another rule for others ;)

Better still if you see your neighbour the next time at the bus stop, go over the top, run over and hug him and kiss him in both cheeks. :)

Bus Stop??? - Rural Ireland - yer aving a larf mate :D

.... run over and hug him and kiss him in both cheeks. :)

knowing my luck he wont be french/continental and think I am gay and hitting on him! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

I like to live in a 'Ye' free zone. Sorry op I would blank you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

It's far better to have a cold/unfriendly neighbour than a disruptive/antisocial neighbour. Most people are fairly friendly and sociable, but some are just not. Such is life.

Ah why stop now, I was looking forward to your 3rd or 4th post about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,094 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Morales of the story don't live next door to exiled sligo boardsies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

that's fairly tame stuff lads

Fella I went to school with and his auld lad had a long running fued with an auld widow over a lovely field that they were renting and had been farming on it for years.
    In the end she decided to sell it at an auction and the two lads made sure that the auctioneer would only accept their bid and nobody else in the village would bid.
    Out of nowhere this big shot yank came in and bought it. Think he wanted to open up a concrete factory or something.
    Anyway, she wouldn't sell to to the two lads as it turns out the young fella in school with me had been tormenting her for years and there was a priest involved somehow.
    To cut a long story short the auld lad killed the yank and there was something about travellers and a donkey.

I lost touch with them after school

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

A couple of weeks back a new lady moved in across the road, maybe 30-ish. My husband met her outside when she was parking, gave her his usual big friendy smile and wave. Nothing. Not a hint of a smile, nada.
    Another day I was out at the bins when she pulled up and she refused to look over to where I was (maybe 5-10 metres away). It was awkward as fook, me waiting patiently for her to look up so I could say hi, and her well aware of this and studiously avoiding me.
    Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

A couple of years ago the neighbour beside my house was having parties every weekend. At 3.00 AM one night she or one of her guests threw an egg at my window. A couple of weeks later there was a bang on my door at about the same time. I answered it and one of her drunken party guests stood there saying nothing. He then tried to walk past me. I shouted at him "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?". He said "do I have the wrong house?". I said "yes" and almost sent him flying across the road with the force I closed the door in his face.

She eventually got kicked out after another of my neighbours complained about the noise. Now There's 'settled travellers' living there. I was coming out of my house one night and heard the woman talking on the phone at the top of her voice. I glanced at the house for a second then went on my way. I then encountered the womans daughter walking towards me who shouted "DON'T BE EAVESDROPPING, THAT'S A BAD THING TO DO".

She wasn't so concerned about her privacy when she thought the mother had commited suicide and the fire brigade were trying to get over my wall to access her house (it turned out she was asleep in bed or something).

Now the house at the other side of my house is being rented by a couple who shout at each other at the top of their voices into the early hours of the morning. And the 'settled travellers' are still there.

I'd gladly swap neighbours with you.

Same....I'd give anything for quiet neighbours (live either side of settled travellers). You do not want to know what I had the misfortune of witnessing yesterday :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭blade1

fmpisces wrote: »
    Same....I'd give anything for quiet neighbours (live either side of settled travellers). You do not want to know what I had the misfortune of witnessing yesterday :eek:

Yes I do!!!:)

blade1 wrote: »
    Yes I do!!!:)

Have you a strong stomach? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭GMSA

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    that's fairly tame stuff lads

Fella I went to school with and his auld lad had a long running fued with an auld widow over a lovely field that they were renting and had been farming on it for years.
    In the end she decided to sell it at an auction and the two lads made sure that the auctioneer would only accept their bid and nobody else in the village would bid.
    Out of nowhere this big shot yank came in and bought it. Think he wanted to open up a concrete factory or something.
    Anyway, she wouldn't sell to to the two lads as it turns out the young fella in school with me had been tormenting her for years and there was a priest involved somehow.
    To cut a long story short the auld lad killed the yank and there was something about travellers and a donkey.

I lost touch with them after school

Is that you Bird?

s4uv3 wrote: »
    A couple of weeks back a new lady moved in across the road...

Transgenders everywhere...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

My neighbour is a big lameo who wears the same stupid green sweater every day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

Asshole'ism seems to be rampant these days

so many people are cold and stand off'ish

do you agree (or is it just me?)

Naked Gardening? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I have a neighbour whose surname is Bucket (though she pronounces Bouquet), and I'm terrified that she'll sing at me every time I leave my house!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

"Sh1te in the bucket"? :)

zerks wrote: »

where else are they supposed to shíte if they aint got a proper toilet? ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Have you a strong stomach? :o

What was it, I'm intrigued now

Naked Gardening? ;)

If only it were as harmless as that :D

zerks wrote: »

No, on the path outside my house :mad:

• Advertisement

jamesbere wrote: »
    What was it, I'm intrigued now

Young lad (about 4 years old) took a sh!t on the path outside my house.
    Then one of their dogs came and ate it up :eek:

Advertisement