Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 3 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

ScummyMan wrote: »
    At -93% now, I'd say he will but don't quote me on it.

Quoted

He survived!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Any love for Jesse from stoke,think ill do walters to Jesse

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Any love for Jesse from stoke,think ill do walters to Jesse

They have tricky fixtures with United, Chelsea, City and away to Pulis ball in next 6 games. After that though they have great fixtures so definitely worth looking at then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Very little mention of Richarilison in the thread. Looks superb. Stats amazing. Worth a punt. Longer term when match fit and Stokes fixtures turn Jesé looks brilliant.

But over next 2 games till I probably Wildcard I think I'll do a Richarilison punt.

KdB/Vardy to Richarilison/Kane.

I'd like Chica but would have to sell Aguero before they play a terrible Bournemouth team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Erkisen and Aguero in for KDB and Kane?? good idea right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Hit incoming....

Looking at Jesus to Kane and Walters to Watford mid (either Chabolah or Doucoure).

KDB stays only because City are playing Bournemouth next.

Worth the hit to get Kane in? Or keep faith in Jesus and dump KDB for Pogba?

Slept on it and.....

still not sure.

Might get rid of KDB and Jesus altogether.....Kane and Pogba in :confused:

Already have Carroll and Walters stinking out my midfield so not sure if bringing in another cheapie is the way to go

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Erkisen and Aguero in for KDB and Kane?? good idea right?

Are you seriously suggesting selling Kane? If so go have a lie down....

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Slept on it and.....

still not sure.

Might get rid of KDB and Jesus altogether.....Kane and Pogba in :confused:

Already have Carroll and Walters stinking out my midfield so not sure if bringing in another cheapie is the way to go

I'm seriously considering getting rid of both. Gonna give it one more week and decide after internationals as may have other problems by then.

Injuries and price drops get in the way of intended transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭slimshady007

FHFC wrote: »

I'd second this. He's not in my team this week cos I can't afford him but at home to burnley is the sort of fixture you want for your premium players. KDB out makes sense though and should give you the funds for another premium midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'm now thinking I'll bank and give kdb and Gabbi another week
    I'd like mane but the week after he is coming back from internationals which is a worry
    Gabbi to chicharito can also wait a week I guess but again how far will be traveling before gw4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

****!!! Mooy went up and now I can't afford him. hmmmm back to the drawing board

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

no way i'd drop Jesus yet, he was taken off because of walker,
    pep is hardly setting the world alight though is he

2 points from 2 games so far, notoriously slow starter, wembley doing spurs no favours.... i'll prob keep him in for Burnley at home but after that he could be on the chopping block.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

2 points from 2 games so far, notoriously slow starter, wembley doing spurs no favours.... i'll prob keep him in for Burnley at home but after that he could be on the chopping block.

If you have him already then selling him now is foolhardy, if you don't have him I agree there is no panic to get him for the reasons you have given, but they are two very different scenarios, I don't have him but have Alli so see no need to make sacrifices to get him in yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

He is nearly guaranteed 15+ goals dumping him will come back to bite you but each to their own

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

I'm thinking along the same line for Kane. I'm going to hold onto him for the moment but that 12.5 price tag is a bit too much for only 4 points in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Very little mention of Richarilison in the thread. Looks superb. Stats amazing. Worth a punt. Longer term when match fit and Stokes fixtures turn Jesé looks brilliant.

But over next 2 games till I probably Wildcard I think I'll do a Richarilison punt.

KdB/Vardy to Richarilison/Kane.

I'd like Chica but would have to sell Aguero before they play a terrible Bournemouth team.

I was torn between himself and Jese on Saturday night. I went with Jese but it was basically a 50/50!

I was torn between himself and Jese on Saturday night. I went with Jese but it was basically a 50/50!

Yeah very little in it. Richarilison has better fixtures this GW so that kinda swinging it. Jesé very likely in my Wildcard team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

I'm just glad everyones snapping up Jese while he's price protected. Both him and Richarlison on my watchlist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Colking wrote: »
    I'm just glad everyones snapping up Jese while he's price protected. Both him and Richarlison on my watchlist.

Could be a good buy, I got him in anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Longer term when match fit and Stokes fixtures turn Jesé looks brilliant.
    Be very careful with Jesé. Don't know how much Mark Hughes can "model" him but he's been very annonymous for the last couple of years. He looked like a gem when emerging from Real's cantera but he's been catastrophic at PSG (maybe too hign a standard for him) and pretty dull at Las Palmas...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

How long is Jese protected for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

BOHtox wrote: »
    How long is Jese protected for?

As long as Walter is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

As long as Walter is

Tread lightly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

BOHtox wrote: »
    Tread lightly

It's a real shame for this thread that Henning Berg isn't still playing :D

• Advertisement

Michael Oliver has been appointed as referee for Man United - Leicester. In 33 games he awarded 11 penalties last season, the most of any PL referee. Mike Dean has City game and not far behind.

carnie wrote: »
    I'm thinking along the same line for Kane. I'm going to hold onto him for the moment but that 12.5 price tag is a bit too much for only 4 points in return.

2 points only! got booked in both games.

2 points only! got booked in both games.

Regression to the mean.

https://twitter.com/FFPundits/status/899541802520387585

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

2 FTs used

Benteke -> Chic
    Hünemeier (Who?) -> Hegazi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Colking wrote: »
    Whats your team id ?

How do you find that??

• Advertisement

hefferboi wrote: »
    I never used my transfer last week but it never carried over? Will it carry over today or what's the story?

Bumping this, have emailed and no response yet, had this happened anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

How do you find that??

In the My Team tab, go to View Gameweek history. Your team ID is the number shown in the page url. So for instance if your team ID was 123 you would see this in the page url -> https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/entry/123/history

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I had 2ft so no issue with mine.

Only one left now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,706 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I never used my transfer last week but it never carried over? Will it carry over today or what's the story?

Mine carried fine, used 2FT last night

1392973 That's my id

It was just a problem on the app! Thanks lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

1392973 That's my id

You should have 2 free transfers available to you.

Strange one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

It was just a problem on the app! Thanks lads!

I have actually stopped using the app to be honest its terrible, a few times it hasn't updated any price changes or team values either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

The Kane fear is kicking in, but will require a -4 to get him in.

Looking at KDB and Firmino to Richarlison and Kane (c). It will leave me with no Liverpool cover but I am almost certainly going to WC over the international break so can rectify then.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 TwoToneRebel

What to do with kdb and Jesus... *sigh*

• Advertisement

I'm thinking of KDB, Lacazette & Salah to Kane, Alli & D.Silva/B.Silva for -4

I need to get Kane in this week and I'll captain him. Think he kicks off from here on.

What are people's thoughts on Bernardo Silva? Is he fit? I think he'll make an impact for city but worried about rotation risk. Would David silva be a better choice or is there a better mf worth 8.0 mill out there?? I already have 3 United players so can't get pogba or mikhi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Another one here wondering what to do with KDB/Jesus....I also have Walker and Lejeune to worry about this week.

I took -8 hit last week, so am loathe to take another one this week. I think I will keep faith with the City boys against Bournemouth and do a fairly boring transfer of Lejeune to 4.5m.

Looking at a Watford defender...Britos/Kiko/Prodl...any recommendations? They play Brighton at home this weekend, so seems like the right move.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

KdB to Mane for -4. Worth it? Or wait 1 more week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

sheroman01 wrote: »
    KdB to Mane for -4. Worth it? Or wait 1 more week?

Unless it's to get Kane in elsewhere, I'm not sure I'd take KDB out for a hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,613 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Thinking of Jesus to Kane for a -4 (already did Salah to Pogba) The fact he was subbed last night (I know they were down to 10 men so needed to rejig but still he was the one who made way) worries me. Hoping he doesn't drop this evening though as want to see if any of my others get injured in the EFL Cup as that may take priority.

I want to give him a bit more time but.... Kane and Burnley at home gives me the fear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Ditched Ritchie/Jesus for Doucare/ Kane for -4... Bit of a panic switch after a very bad GW2. Couldn't afford Jese or Richarlison with the switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Had planned on wildcarding during international break and using this weeks transfer as a free punt but actually really happy with team so I think I'll bank transfer to have 2 for international break.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

At what point does Pogba become a necessity? Currently has the most points and is constantly rising in price. If United keep this sort of form, he could be very explosive for counter attacks towards the end of games. Struggling to know if he's worth it though, with the amount of options in and around that price bracket.

Think I might do KdB to Silva. Also considering straight Salah to Mane swap... flashbacks of last season's opening game at The Emirates are haunting me..

Going without Kane for Burnley. My excuse is that if he blanks, he's going to drop a good chunk in value! I hope...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I'd say one of Miki or Pogba is essential at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

De Bruyne and Jesus out
    David Silva and Kane in

Was going to swap Chicarito out for Gabiadini last week and was glad I didnt.
    The only thing that stopped the transfer was that I wanted to keep a free transfer for this week. Dont think Kane will break his August duck (no goal in 12 August games now) but its a long term switch.

Advertisement