Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 3 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Have Ozil and Kolasinac who I don't want for this week. But they play Bournemouth, Brighton and WBA at home in 3 of their next 5 games which makes me want to keep the faith despite their poor return so far. So I will only get rid of one.

Had a nice week this week despite those two so just making the one change, I don't have the carry over from last week as I swapped out Zaha for Richarlison who got me 11.

Ozil to Alli/Eriksen is an obvious one but I think I could end up wanting to bring Ozil back after next week. Although I made my team with a lot of GWs in mind when I originally made it, so I could potentially make that swap and the swap back after - seeing as I currently have no other injury/suspension/not playing/poor form worries.

Another option I'm considering is Son at £8.0 - if he goes down to 7.9 I think i'd be liable to take a chance on him. Especially if they lose this week, I think he could start next week and cement his place with a goal.

I'm thinking of downgrading Kolasinac to Kiko Femenia, but keeping the faith with Ozil for his good home fixtures. That change gives me 1.5m to play with. I already have 1.0m in the bank so would have 2.5m in total.

Current team -
    Elliot Foster
    Dawson Stephens Kolasinac Mee Rosenior
    Richarlison Pogba David Silva JWP Ozil
    Lukaku Jesus Gabbiadini
    £1.0 in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭patmac

PARlance wrote: »
    Ramsey to Pogba gets you a strong front 5, no hits and 0.9m ITB. Your defence isn't too bad, I've Jones, Yoshida & Mee and am happy with them.

I went for Foster which has helped, there's another 0.5m saving if you changed Heaton. That would allow Matic to Jese for a -4 next week if you see fit.

If that doesn't convince you to hold on, I've a feeling Jesus and or Kane might.
    Thanks unfortunately I have 3 United already so will have to get rid of Matic as well. Tempted to just do LeJeune to Trippier and hang on for another week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Mawson out, Jones in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Considering KDB to Pogba
    And Azpi to Alonso

Will see how KDB does tomorrow. Not happy with Azpi's role in these first two games . Not getting as forward as I would like whereas Alonso sometimes looks like a striker up front

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

My 2M Kane fund has turned into an Alonso fund...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

KDB has so much potential though, hopefully his season starts tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

PVA wrote: »
    KDB has so much potential though, hopefully his season starts tomorrow

I'm going to see how he goes tomorrow. I think I'll transfer him if he doesn't go well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

As a lot of you will know a favourite principal of mine is regression to the mean, provided underlying stats are strong.

Kane has 14 shots, 11 in the box in the last 2 games.

His 1 pointer today makes me more likely to get him in.

I have to see how City do tomorrow but KdB and Vardy to Kane and Richarilison looks good for -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,103 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

FHFC wrote: »
    As a lot of you will know a favourite principal of mine is regression to the mean, provided underlying stats are strong.

I have to see how City do tomorrow but KdB and Vardy to Kane and Richarilison looks good for -4.

Ha, just posted similar in the other thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

Only 4 of those were on target though. Shots off target that do not go in are not unlucky. Is it possible that this is the actual regression? He had crazy stats for shots on target going in last season - very much unsustainable. A lot of long range efforts that would not go in with such regularity.

However I agree he is likely to hockey somebody soon just based on the eyeball test on the first two games.

• Advertisement

Markx wrote: »
    Only 4 of those were on target though. Shots off target that do not go in are not unlucky. Is it possible that this is the actual regression? He had crazy stats for shots on target going in last season - very much unsustainable. A lot of long range efforts that would not go in with such regularity.

However I agree he is likely to hockey somebody soon just based on the eyeball test on the first two games.

You'll find there aren't too many players with more than 4 shots on target in the last 2 games though. Mane has 5 I think. Don't see any others over 4 but have not studied it too deeply, just going from one stats table of top players I saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

FHFC wrote:

The very reason he's top of my captaincy choices for gw3.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

You'll find there aren't too many players with more than 4 shots on target in the last 2 games though. Mane has 5 I think. Don't see any others over 4 but have not studied it too deeply, just going from one stats table of top players I saw.

Joselu seems to have 4 somehow. Yeah, here I'm not disagreeing necessarily. Probably just trying to convince myself not to sell Aguero for him going into Burnley.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Alonso in for Stephens or Kane in for Jesus, any of them warrant a -4?

Could use the free hit.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Likely be

Laccazette ---- Kane
    Walters ---- RLC

dahat wrote: »
    Alonso in for Stephens or Kane in for Jesus, any of them warrant a -4?

Could use the free hit.....

Apparently some people are actually playing the free hit chip thinking it just gives you one extra FT! :). Such a stupid name for that chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Apparently some people are actually playing the free hit chip thinking it just gives you one extra FT! :). Such a stupid name for that chip.

This doesn't surprise me at all.

I'll likely not use it but Fear of the Hurrikane will slowly set in over the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Regression to Mean... pfff
    August is Lean is the theory I'm following :)

(Have money to bring him in if Aguero breaks tomorrow)

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

At the moment I'm considering letting Ward-Prowse go. He didn't start on Saturday and his minutes could be a bit of a concern. I may swap him for either Mooy or Doucouré

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Will be doing either Danilo or Kolasinac to Trippier.
    Should be able to go into the international break with 2 FTs having banked last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

carnie wrote: »
    At the moment I'm considering letting Ward-Prowse go. He didn't start on Saturday and his minutes could be a bit of a concern. I may swap him for either Mooy or Doucouré

Already did JWP to Mooy. Mooy may be a bit kneejerky but looks a better bet until I WC. Still have Gabbi for Soton attack though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

spock. wrote: »
    Should be able to go into the international break with 2 FTs having banked last week.

Trippier looked injured when he came off

Trippier looked injured when he came off

Did he come off?
    I'll wait for the press conferences anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

spock. wrote: »

I've got both but won't be moving either on this week.
    Hoping Kolasinac gets to play LWB.
    Some talk that Trippier could be a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Leaving here for people thinking of getting Alonso in:

Marcos Alonso's last 10 Free-kicks
    Scored 3 times
    Hit the bar 5 times

ElTel wrote:
    I've got both but won't be moving either on this week.
    Hoping Kolasinac gets to play LWB. Some talk that Trippier could be a doubt.

I'm worried that Kolasinac might not start at all when Kos is back after he was subbed early this week.
    And if he's going to be playing centre back, I'm not too interested in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

ElTel wrote:
    . Some talk that Trippier could be a doubt.

He signalled to the bench as soon as he went over in that tumble in the box and considering he is just back from injury I'd say he could be rested... Kyle Walker Peters did get motd last week and should be able to cope with Burnley.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Speaking of regression to the mean.

... What's up with the high number of clean sheets in the opening gameweeks. Well in excess compared to gw 1 and 2 of the last couple of seasons AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I've noticed that too. I deliberately went cheap on defence this season, but have somehow managed 7 out of 8 possible clean sheets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

DeGea Elliot
    Holding TAA Bavies Lowe Long
    RLC Salah DeBryne Willian Walters
    Chico Kane Lukaku

Looking to move Holding and Walters on. Perhaps get in Jones and Mooy
    any suggestions?

I've nothing itb

Advertisement