Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 3 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Maybe jump on the popular form players of the moment Hegazi & Mooy. You don't have any WB cover at the back so Hegazi could be your man. And Mooy's on form, Huddersfiled too and they have a nice run of fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Foster
    Taa Danilo cresswell Stephens
    Ramsey mane de bruyne
    Kane gabbi Jesus
    Iwobi Walter smith Elliot.

Looking at getting rid of taa walters and iwobi would like to get Antonio if I could free up the funds but will wait till after tonight to start messing around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

iroced wrote: »
    Maybe jump on the popular form players of the moment Hegazi & Mooy. You don't have any WB cover at the back so Hegazi could be your man. And Mooy's on form, Huddersfiled too and they have a nice run of fixtures.

Ya hegazi could be an option must check WBA fixtures 3 from united and not having Pogba or Miki at the min is probably madness

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Ya hegazi could be an option must check WBA fixtures 3 from united and not having Pogba or Miki at the min is probably madness

On that note, whats the general consensus on United mids? Pogba seems more guaranteed of gametime but MickyRyan is more creative. Guess the latter would be the high risk/high reward option

PVA wrote: »
    On that note, whats the general consensus on United mids? Pogba seems more guaranteed of gametime but MickyRyan is more creative. Guess the latter would be the high risk/high reward option

I'd lean toward some Pogba If I had to pick one as they are the same price but Pogba plays every minute of every game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭matthew the statue

Took out Salah and brought in Eriksen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

I'd lean toward some Pogba If I had to pick one as they are the same price but Pogba plays every minute of every game.

Yeah it's fairly close tbh - is Lukaku the confirmed pen taker, or does Pogba have a say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,299 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Austin out - Chico in
    Keeping Salah & Kane for another week. Might move Tekkers out for a -4

PVA wrote: »
    Yeah it's fairly close tbh - is Lukaku the confirmed pen taker, or does Pogba have a say?

Don't think it's been confirmed but again imo (united fan also) if we won a pen with both on the pitch then Pogba would take it. He's more senior then Lukaku but afaik it hasn't been confirmed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭keano25

Oriol Romeu Vidal is my absolute dead weight I must shift this week.

2 GWs 4 points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Thoughts on Azpilacueta to Alonso??

Alonso was a life saver for me last season. Don't know why I didn't go for him this year but I'm gonna go for it now I think. Don't want two chelsea defenders so this is the only reasonable solution

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Chesty08 wrote: »
    This. Definitely looked like ligaments and more than just a knock. 6 weeks minimum

Vardy fit for tomorrow.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Don't think it's been confirmed but again imo (united fan also) if we won a pen with both on the pitch then Pogba would take it. He's more senior then Lukaku but afaik it hasn't been confirmed

i think Lukaku takes them all day long, utd fan too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,255 ✭✭✭✭km79

@FFScout: Shakespeare on Vardy: "He was sore yesterday, but trained this morning, thankfully. He'll be involved." https://goo.gl/dD4DkT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Might get rid of Ward-Prowse for Mooy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

threein99 wrote: »
    Might get rid of Ward-Prowse for Mooy

I just did.

Mooy likely to rise soon anyway. 1 ft left for emergency transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Considering Mooy myself for Zaha. FIX recommends Ramsey, but far from convinced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Considering Mooy myself for Zaha. FIX recommends Ramsey, but far from convinced.

Arsenal will try to play pretty football against Liverpool and lose,perhaps not the game to bring Ramsey in for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

zerks wrote: »
    Arsenal will try to play pretty football against Liverpool and lose,perhaps not the game to bring Ramsey in for.

Arsenal's defence is a relative shambles but compared to Liverpools is almost Italian like. Whether Arsenal win or lose is pretty much irrelevant but they will score. Ramsey will be playing behind a from three of Ozil, Sanchez and Lacazette against a team that simpy cannot defend, considering his price compared to the aforementioned three I would have thought he is a great choice - they also have home games against Bournemouth, Brighton and WEst Brom in 3 of the 4 games after the Liverpool game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

AnneFrank wrote: »

i think Lukaku takes them all day long, utd fan too

Blind looked convincing taking his last penalty!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

wonski wrote: »
    I just did.

Mooy likely to rise soon anyway. 1 ft left for emergency transfers.

How are rises predicted ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

threein99 wrote: »
    How are rises predicted ?

Fplstatistics.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Officer999

I badly need to sell Iheanacho....nothing in the bank.

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Officer999 wrote: »
    I badly need to sell Iheanacho....nothing in the bank.

Any suggestions?

Chicharito or maybe Muniér

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Gabbi out for Chicharito I think.

Gabbi could lose his place to Austin at some stage, is inconsistent, doesn't have that explosive streak and overall I just hate him. Chicharito will rise soon so may pull the trigger tonight. He plays Newcastle next week, then Huddersfield MNF. I'm gonna hold off on the Pogba train too, I don't think he will continue to score loads throughout the season. If we see that Mhiki starts every week, then he goes into my team eventually.

sheroman01 wrote: »

Gabbi could lose his place to Austin at some stage, is inconsistent, doesn't have that explosive streak and overall I just hate him. Chicharito will rise soon so may pull the trigger tonight. He plays Newcastle next week, then Huddersfield MNF. I'm gonna hold off on the Pogba train too, I don't think he will continue to score loads throughout the season. If we see that Mhiki starts every week, then he goes into my team eventually.
    Chicharito has a game to play midweek first .......I'm not willing to gamble for the sake of .1 and I've money in the bank

Chicharito has a game to play midweek first .......I'm not willing to gamble for the sake of .1 and I've money in the bank

km79 wrote: »

Okay, okay, okay!

:P

Ah no, seriously, didn't know that, thanks for the heads up. But - he could be rested or at least be subbed early. I have 0m ITB so the straight swap for Gabbi works out. I think I might risk it. I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Hahahahahahaha, this gave me a good laugh :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Officer999

callaway92 wrote: »
    Chicharito or maybe Muniér

Thanks, I'm 0.1 short for Chicarito so will go with Munier

Okay, okay, okay!

:P

Ah no, seriously, didn't know that, thanks for the heads up. But - he could be rested or at least be subbed early. I have 0m ITB so the straight swap for Gabbi works out. I think I might risk it. I think.
    Yeah he may not even play . I can wait cos I've 1.5 in the bank due to fabregas transfer last week
    I'll wait and see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Might start working towards

Mata to Jese
    Baily to Jones

Would allow me to bank 2m on a move to maybe bringing in Kane in the future. Have to decide whether to take the -4 hit this week or miss out on the rises Jones/Jese could make soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,344 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Fromvert wrote: »
    Might start working towards

Mata to Jese
    Baily to Jones

Would allow me to bank 2m on a move to maybe bringing in Kane in the future. Have to decide whether to take the -4 hit this week or miss out on the rises Jones/Jese could make soon.

I think Jese is protected for another few days at least as he was only added recently. Someone will have the exact details I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I made two changes, Moreno to Robertson and King to Chicarito. Very surprised to see that Robertson is not that sought after this week. He put in a really good performance and looks very like a player that will provide a lot of assists with a few goals thrown in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

eagle eye wrote: »
    I made two changes, Moreno to Robertson and King to Chicarito. Very surprised to see that Robertson is not that sought after this week. He put in a really good performance and looks very like a player that will provide a lot of assists with a few goals thrown in.

Still a rotation worry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

sword1 wrote: »
    Still a rotation worry

This, and he's a Liverpool defender ..., they'll have to improve a lot to convince us that they're worthwhile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

De Bruyne to Silva looks tempting as things stand.

I'm very very tempted to go kdb to mane
    Mane is fun to own as he scores lots of goals
    Kdb not so much

I'm very very tempted to go kdb to mane
    Mane is fun to own as he scores lots of goals
    Kdb not so much

Thinking the same. Even though I have Salah...and Wjinaldum (yes, I know). Might triple up on 'Pool mids for a week. Will 100% get Mane in at some stage though, whether it's this week or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

I'm between Mooy, Richarlison and Jese. Any opinions?

Thinking the same. Even though I have Salah...and Wjinaldum (yes, I know). Might triple up on 'Pool mids for a week. Will 100% get Mane in at some stage though, whether it's this week or not.

I've none
    And he is the only one I will want
    And there will be goals in that game
    It means a stay of execution for gabbi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Balls, short .1 to do KDB & Willian to Pogba & Mane/Alli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,829 ✭✭✭✭dahat

That was Raheem Sterling all.over...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Degag wrote:
    I'm between Mooy, Richarlison and Jese. Any opinions?

Yo mister white - pick Jese, bitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Already did LeJeune to Robertson, have to get rid of Jesus, thinking
    (a) straight swap with Aguero for - 4 or
    (b) Jesus /Matic for Pogba/Firmino - 8
    (c) Jesus /Matic for Pogba/Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Mkhitaryan Chicharito and RLC in, KDB Quaner and Walters put for a -4, hopefully I'll have no injuries during the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

patmac wrote: »
    Already did LeJeune to Robertson, have to get rid of Jesus, thinking
    (a) straight swap with Aguero for - 4 or
    (b) Jesus /Matic for Pogba/Firmino - 8
    (c) Jesus /Matic for Pogba/Rooney.
    Rooney plays quite deep and is slow and past his best but has two in two.

I have Jesus, I'll keep him if he was to start even though he was hopeless in the first half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Also very tempted to get rid of KDB although getting rid of walters seems more urgent. That said if i get rid of both I can get two decent 8-9m options...

Is the mane hating bonus points thing real?
    Kdb on for bonus tonight despite doing nothing is good for thought
    Also what day do liverpool play in europe? ! Mane rising and kdb falling is a real possibility

• Advertisement
Advertisement