Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Cars 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

The ffb is a bit sketchy on console, there's a few bugs here and there too.
    After a couple of patches it should be a good game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Tell me there's a way to skip practise and qualifying? 30 minutes of this crap before you get a race?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Tell me there's a way to skip practise and qualifying? 30 minutes of this crap before you get a race?

I believe I saw in one of the youtube videos that you could skip both or either, when you are in the pre race menu I think it was

https://youtu.be/C6FMrU_qZnE?t=4m33s

There you go... Hope this helps

Still have not had a chance to play it myself

Thanks, had very little time to check it out earlier. Couldn't skip from practice mode for sure.

Spent more time looking for decent controller settings since the devs didn't bother again. Still can't get it right. I reckon it's going back for a trade in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Spent more time looking for decent controller settings since the devs didn't bother again. Still can't get it right. I reckon it's going back for a trade in.

That was a major bone on contention in PCARS 1, im using the Jake Spade ffb settings on official forums but i havent played much of it at all, 3 hours total so i cant really comment in great depth.
    It did feel better out of the box than PC1, those Jack Spade files improve things a bit for sure but still not up to the level of other sims.

Had a go last night, struggling with the controller settings also. Steep learning curve for someone who has not played a racing game since GT3

Gonna try it with assists and dumb it down a bit.

EDIT: So if you keep assists on, but low and change all deadzones to 0, all sensitivity settings to 20, speed sensitivity at 80, and controller damping to 50, you get a very playable game, finally.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I decided to hold onto it and not get a refund on steam.
    Yes i hated on pcars 1 so much but it was well deserved.
    This time round i will give credit where its due and yes they deserve credit.
    After giving it a fair amount of time to evaluate its a keeper for sure for me.
    Im really liking the physics,they have done a great job here which im glad to say im shocked about, really shocked here!!!!
    Its not perfect, some cars feel like they left out the nice physics engine but overall im very happy with what they have produced [tire flex in particular feels spectacular to me] i can actually feel when the tires are flexing with the weight of the car.
    FFB again is pretty nice, not perfect but really more than acceptable.
    Sound is a big improvement mostly, apart from that tire screeching, god its terrible.
    More thumbs up for the sheer amount of content in here.

Overall im happy with it, its 10X times better than i expected, im delighted to say SMS proved me wrong.
    They have delivered a true sim here allbeit with some issues that need to be addressed but its a worthy sim to add to anyones collection.

There are very few reviewers i trust in the sim world, Empty Box is one i do trust, his review will go a long way to inform people.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

What's it like on console compared to pc1?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    What's it like on console compared to pc1?

I've just put my rig away tonight after playing for the first time since release night.
    It's fooking excellent, way better than PCars 1.

The little Ginetta G40 is so much fun.

Gonna try it with assists and dumb it down a bit.

EDIT: So if you keep assists on, but low and change all deadzones to 0, all sensitivity settings to 20, speed sensitivity at 80, and controller damping to 50, you get a very playable game, finally.

Have tinkered a bit with the also and found some setting I am comfortable with.

Turned down the AI a bit also, getting the hang of it.

Damn driving in the ice is a b***h! Was doing really well in Formula Rookie then that New Zealand track covered in ice came up :D:D

Happened to me too, nonsense. Why weren't the tyres changed by the crew?

Happened to me too, nonsense. Why weren't the tyres changed by the crew?

Oh I am pretty sure mine were changed, was just very hard to control the throttle. I was always putting down too much power and loosing control. I found it easier in some cases with brake assist off

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is there spotters and race engineers messages in game along with proper pit stops?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Is there spotters and race engineers messages in game along with proper pit stops?

I haven't pitted yet myself, I've just been racing online, but the spotter and race engineer are there alright.

Has anyone tried the Ferrari F50GT yet? It's some craic. And the Ginetta G40 is excellent too.

I haven't pitted yet myself, I've just been racing online, but the spotter and race engineer are there alright.

I'm terrified to race online. Can barely make up 3 places in a race on 30% difficulty

I'm terrified to race online. Can barely make up 3 places in a race on 30% difficulty

You'd be surprised how many places you can pick up because of lads crashing out.

Jump on with me and my buddies anytime you like man.

You'd be surprised how many places you can pick up because of lads crashing out.

Jump on with me and my buddies anytime you like man.

Sound. I might just.

PSN Tag is:hoorhouse

• Advertisement

Sound. I might just.

PSN Tag is:hoorhouse

FR sent. I shoot you an invite when I see you online. We'll get you flying along in no time.

I can't get anywhere in it at all, no matter what I do. It doesn't register any times I do online at all, and it's insanely hard. I'd say it's getting traded for GT.

I can't get anywhere in it at all, no matter what I do. It doesn't register any times I do online at all, and it's insanely hard. I'd say it's getting traded for GT.

Have you tinkered with the control set up? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TBS12umK-k

It does take some tweaking but is rewarding when you get it right.

Yeah, non stop adjusting the controls. It's baffling that the game was shipped on consoles with such half arsed controls for pads. I can't see how difficult it can be for a huge team like that to spend a couple of days getting it right.

Yeah, non stop adjusting the controls. It's baffling that the game was shipped on consoles with such half arsed controls for pads. I can't see how difficult it can be for a huge team like that to spend a couple of days getting it right.

Happy to send you a pic of the settings I am using later on if you like, I had to play around for a while with them. Still really hard in the ice but that i due to my own throttle control I fell. In the dry and the wet they are working nicely I feel

Folks over on GTPlanet reckon this video is a great help for setting up a controller. It's for the XBone but it should carry over to the PS4.

https://youtu.be/578VLQXPnAs

Happy with my settings now and getting a grip on things. Have completed a few of the lower tier championships, need to increase AI a bit. Really starting to enjoy it

Happy to send you a pic of the settings I am using later on if you like, I had to play around for a while with them. Still really hard in the ice but that i due to my own throttle control I fell. In the dry and the wet they are working nicely I feel

Cheers thanks. I think I found a sweet spot now, but still a little twitchy on the steering. I'll tinker around again later on.

Has anyone else had a go in the Watson Roadster yet? It's great craic.

• Advertisement

Has anyone else had a go in the Watson Roadster yet? It's great craic.

Will give it a bash tonight, honing my skills at the moment

Advertisement