Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Project Cars 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

This game is hit and miss for me, can do well one day, then spin out for no reason the next. Also NONE of my times or personal bests have ever been saved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

This game is hit and miss for me, can do well one day, then spin out for no reason the next. Also NONE of my times or personal bests have ever been saved.

Yeah, it's a bit of a hot mess in places alright. These first couple of patches can't come soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Patches are out now for all platforms. Might finally be time to jump into the career mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

Just bought it can't wait stuck to a controller on my pc for a minute but thinking a steering wheel may be needed.

Any recomendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,093 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Just bought it can't wait stuck to a controller on my pc for a minute but thinking a steering wheel may be needed.

Any recomendations?

Depends on how much you want to spend, I’ve a Logitech g27 a few years it does the job there’s an updated model but I haven’t read the reviews.
    The pedals in this might be better than the Logitech I’m not 100% though http://www.adverts.ie/13501138
    It’s got a h-shifter and manual box along with the Porsche Wheel and pedals, said he’d take €150 2mts ago might be worth throwing an offer, it’s got everything you need or pick up a Logitech.

Look into thrustmaster, logitech and fanatec. Read all the reviews.
    I’d like the thrustmaster shifter if buying again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

So what is the state of the game currently, has it been patched to a good standard yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I only got it the other day so just had few hours playing it last night tried a few cars and out of the box it feels on another planet then pc1.

I'm by no means an experienced sim racer but the feel of the car just seems more real and force feedback is more informative I still have loads of fine tuning to do to find what works for me but so far I think it's fantastic.

eyerer wrote: »
    So what is the state of the game currently, has it been patched to a good standard yet?

Still buggy on Xbox, seems to still be issues with saving your career so I'm sticking to online races.

But even online can be buggy/annoying.

Once race in Barcelona I had to take evasive action to avoid a schmozzle in front of me and I got a drive through penalty for not giving the position back to a guy that was likely still stuck in the gravel trap.

When I pitted for the drive through, there was no auto pit limiter and I got disqualified for speeding in the pit lane.

Had another race in Monza, qualified 3rd. In the race, gears were suddenly set back to manual for some reason, and I spun out trying to manually shift.

Patch 3 is out on all platforms. Most big ticket issues are fixed, and plays really well for me on Xbox.

Getting into a multiplayer lobby can still be hit and miss, but had some fun Renault Clio races during the week around the Red Bull Ring.

Have the controller problems been fixed?

• Advertisement

I use a wheel, so can't comment on controllers, but not seeing many complaints over on the Project Cars 2 forum at least.

Anyone know if controller issues are fixed for PS4, thinking of buying again but not interested in spending hours looking at settings online to make it playable.

I'm on Xbox and default controller settings work great for me (when I'm too lazy to setup my wheel).

Might be worth having a look at the PS4 PC2 forums and see if there's anyone having issues with the PS controller:
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?149-Project-CARS-2-on-Playstation-4

I'm on Xbox and default controller settings work great for me (when I'm too lazy to setup my wheel).

Might be worth having a look at the PS4 PC2 forums and see if there's anyone having issues with the PS controller:
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?149-Project-CARS-2-on-Playstation-4

Do you mind me asking did you do much with your wheel to set it up? I really enjoyed using mine at start but when I got into the single seater categories it just became a impossible to correct understeer no matter what car setup I was using so I fit it down to my wheel setup not been right.

No, I haven't had to configure my wheel at all in PC2, the defaults are grand for me, although I think I need to sort the deadzones on the pedals.

I don't race much in single seaters, so I'm probably not the best person to ask.

No, I haven't had to configure my wheel at all in PC2, the defaults are grand for me, although I think I need to sort the deadzones on the pedals.

I don't race much in single seaters, so I'm probably not the best person to ask.

I might just reset it to defaults and have a go again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

Any of you lads interested in league racing on the PC? I joined a group back in September and it's been a pleasure to have a clean race every week. We get nearly a full 32 lobby on Saturdays. They cater to all skill levels as long as you race clean and can accept a penalty or two if you drive like a bollocks.

pcdc.link if anyone is interested. I've just been having great craic with them thought someone here might too. Beats getting smashed at Turn 1 online!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

My initial impressions of pcars 2 have changed dramatically the more hours i put into it, yes its vastly better than pcars1 but the physics just do not cut it compared to AC,AMS,iracing,RF2 etc.

Just like when im playing dirt 4 i cant help but want to boot up dirt rally instead i get the same feeling while playing pcars2 sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

PCars2 has better graphics and weather and time cycle. But I only play Assetto Corsa because I love feeling like I'm racing in a simulator.
    Another nice thing is that I have loads more AC to play and then move on to Dirt Rally, with the steering wheel this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

I play exclusively offline, so Pcars2 does appeal to me for the single player aspect over AC which I don't enjoy as much. Automobilista has lots of customisation options for single player too, but I've stopped playing it despite all the updates due to lack of VR support and (being shallow here) the graphics in the gmotor engine are rather bland in comparison to newer titles. Anyway back to Pcars 2 - does anybody actually read the emails in the message centre?

• Advertisement

How's everyone getting on with this game?
    I'm back playing it online again after a long break.
    I finally managed to get my FFB dialed in and I'm loving it.
    The Caterham 620R is an absolute blast if anyone hasn't tried it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭STEINBERG

I am with Dcully on this one the feel of the cars , physics just do not cut it. I end up everytime going back to AC to get my sim racing fix

Online is a mess with the strict track limit slow down penalties and trying to find a good lobby to race in is like playing with scratchcards you get lucky once in a while.

It can be fun at times but its not a sim as far as im concerned...

Of course it's a sim, don't be ridiculous.
    The track limits thing is a pain in the arse alright, and the multiplayer lobbies can be hit or miss. But that's the same for most games.

I've been having an absolute blast racing Touring Cars online for the last few weeks.

I have recently been starting lobbies to follow the porsche supercup 2017 season. I have track limits switched off and the racing has been good fun so far. Everybody keeping to the track limits unless otherwise necassary. No slow downs whuch have almost completely ruined this game online

Obviously no cup car In game so the 911 GT3 R needs to do... 14 Lap race with 15 min qualy session...

STEINBERG wrote: »
    I have recently been starting lobbies to follow the porsche supercup 2017 season. I have track limits switched off and the racing has been good fun so far. Everybody keeping to the track limits unless otherwise necassary. No slow downs whuch have almost completely ruined this game online

Obviously no cup car In game so the 911 GT3 R needs to do... 14 Lap race with 15 min qualy session...
    Are you on PSN or PC?

Are you on PSN or PC?

On xbox

STEINBERG wrote: »
    On xbox

Do you get many people joining? It's mostly GT3 lobbies on this side, it gets a bit boring.

Patch 4 just dropped for the PC. Hopefully the console patch will follow close behind it.
    It has to go through certification first.

Patch 4 is live lads, fill your boots.
    If anyone fancies a few laps later online just track me down.

• Advertisement

Patch 4 is live lads, fill your boots.
    If anyone fancies a few laps later online just track me down.

Live on PC and PS4 but not Xbox yet. Guess it will be next week, doubt Microsoft certify patches over weekends.

Advertisement