Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Aug 17) NEW Interdepartmental HEO comp (Serving civil servants only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

How do you know you got a better score? From what i can tell from this thread, people got over 800 points less than me on the second exam and got called for an interview while i didnt as a result of the location i picked. This was never a nationwide competition and thats a fact.

Some must've gotten a better score at least.
    It was obviously never going to be a nationwide competition.
    Applicants should be better informed of opportunities.

Cyclonius wrote: »
    No movement in Cavan in the last six months. Originally number four, and now next on the panel. The girl I was talking to last week said that there was no set end date for this panel (at least at present), but that it'd be current until at least Q3 of this year.
    Would you go to Monaghan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Addle wrote: »
    But someone already on a panel might like the option.
    Better scores and not as much choice?!

The Monaghan panel may have been exhausted. Believe it or not certain posts nationwide are hard to fill due to location etc.

Someone who has just Cavan and Louth chosen (for example) may be willing move to Louth.

Every applicant should be given the same extra choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Someone who has just Cavan and Louth chosen (for example) may be willing move to Louth.

Every applicant should be given the same extra choice.

Only in certain circumstances would allow them deviate from the norm. In this case they were contacting those at the top of certain panels on the off chance they find someone interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Cyclonius

Would you go to Monaghan?

Not on the Monaghan panel, I'm afraid.

Cyclonius wrote: »
    Not on the Monaghan panel, I'm afraid.

Contact PAS!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Marls17

PAS rang me the other day and said said i can go for interview for a job in Kerry or Monaghan. When i mentioned that Cork was my 1st choice, they said there are no jobs in Cork and i will not be called for Cork so this is the end of the road.

Hi, just wondering if they said what Department the position was in?

So I rang PAS this morning to see where this new wave of jobs are being offered and what department....they are being very cagey in their response and will not give any info away. Has anyone received an offer for Monaghan or anywhere else and if so where on the panel are you and what department was it for? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 gagsvonbuten

Are revenue casting far andwide to fill the 400?
    (do realise it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Connected99

Is this panel closing Oct 2019?

Yes appears so

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

It may get slightly extended (possibly to the end of November/beginning of the New Year). The date of panel closure is a bit of a movable feast. The internal panels in Revenue and elsewhere- should give this a shunt, particularly in a regional context, in the near future again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AG30

I got word last week that I am being appointed off this panel so hopefully its starting to move a bit. I'm staying in my current Department.

AG30 wrote: »
    I got word last week that I am being appointed off this panel so hopefully its starting to move a bit. I'm staying in my current Department.

Hi, which location and dept is that? Thanks!

Wexford, DCHG.

AG30 wrote: »
    Wexford, DCHG.

Thanks! And congrats btw ðŸ˜

Marls17 wrote: »
    Thanks! And congrats btw ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Furby2020

Anyone know if there will be a new HEO competition in 2019?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

mur.c wrote: »
    Anyone know if there will be a new HEO competition in 2019?

Current panel is due to expire in late October- however, it has been mooted extending it by a small amount. Accordingly- there should be a competition late in 2019- or early in 2020.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

• Registered Users Posts: 15 brownstove

Any movement in the western, Northwestern region's lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RWC15champions

Has anyone here been called for interview or know anyone that was called for interview for the Offaly panel in the last 2 months?

May I ask generally in what locations were positions filled to date from this competition (besides Dublin)?

Thanks!!!

There were no vacancies in Louth on this current panel.
    I see now there is another HEO interdepartmental Comp and they've listed Louth as one of the regional panels. The mind boggles

I see the new InterD comp seems to be mainly geared towards Dublin Region ..... and eventually (maybe) regional later on!!

I see the new InterD comp seems to be mainly geared towards Dublin Region ..... and eventually (maybe) regional later on!!

"Eventually (maybe)" or not at all in the case of the Louth panel and I'm sure other counties too

Marls17 wrote: »
    "Eventually (maybe)" or not at all in the case of the Louth panel and I'm sure other counties too

Yep I agree!!

Unless want Dublin - Would wonder is there any point applying.

Have been told no vacancies in Limerick/Tipperary right now either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

There is a chance of a few heo positions in limerick within AGS if the divisional pilot model is rolled out there which I have heard rumours of but nothing concrete

• Advertisement

Yep I agree!!

Unless want Dublin - Would wonder is there any point applying.

Have been told no vacancies in Limerick/Tipperary right now either.

I turned down an offer for Dublin very early on in this comp and as I scored quite high on the Louth panel I was confident that I would get a post in Louth. There have been no positions filled off Louth panel but they've named Louth for the next comp??? I really don't know whether to apply and if I do get through I will have to reconsider Dublin as the only way to get the promotion. The whole process is draining and misleading. I'm very disillusioned at the moment with PAS!!

Advertisement