Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go-Ahead Dublin City Routes - Updates and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

Wasn't this by any chance????

This one

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

thomasj wrote: »
    This one

Yes they were ex UK, well ran in too.

Didn't think they would use in service as wouldn't have expected them to be fitted out with machines, are you sure it wasn't new drivers and other staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

I could be wrong, i only saw a quick glance, when the bus was turning, but im fairly sure i saw people sitting down, halfway down the bus.

I could be wrong, i only saw a quick glance, when the bus was turning, but im fairly sure i saw people sitting down, halfway down the bus.

Most likely newbie's....

They have been seen with 12 or more at sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Pretty sure I just saw a go ahead single decker bus that was brought over for training , in service with passengers on board heading through Blanchardstown centre.

At the back ,it said out of service , so I presume it has a paper destination on the front .

I doubt it was in service as these buses as I can't see these buses having any ticket machines, leap readers or auto fare boxes.

I'd say it was either a class of trainees or a staff shuttle to take staff from Ballymount to Blanchardstown in order to start duties there. I know they run one from Ballymount to DL sometimes aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ax586

Pretty sure I just saw a go ahead single decker bus that was brought over for training , in service with passengers on board heading through Blanchardstown centre.

At the back ,it said out of service , so I presume it has a paper destination on the front .

There being used as staff shuttle buses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

Whatever the reason, private sector showing up leads to better services for the public.

*reads the Dublin Coach thread*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,344 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Wasn't this by any chance????

That bus is for the low emission bus trial. Do Go Ahead have this bus in their depot?

I've been hearing about the 114 on here as well. All I can say is good grief; what a disaster. To hear there was no buses running from Monday morning apparently right into lunchtime is an appalling start for the route. Have they improved their time on the route at all up until now?

That bus is for the low emission bus trial. Do Go Ahead have this bus in their depot?

I think the buses for the low emission trials are based in Broadstone but Go-Ahead have the contract to provide drivers for them. They're being trialled in Cork aswell so the ones there are probably based in Capwell also being driven by GAI drivers.

I'm not sure what the story is with the those low emissions buses as the ones shown in that picture are fully electric single deckers. Are the NTA planning to buy electric single deckers aswell as hybrid double deckers now?

I thought the GTs won't start service with GAI until February. I heard from Flickr recently that 10 GTs still hadn't been repainted in the new TFI livery yet. Only 2 of the 12 GTs at Balllymount have the new livery painted on them to date. Has that information been updated to include all of them repainted?

Entered service today saw one in DL parked up I believe it operated a 75 earlier in the day. I also believe one was spotted on the 17a aswell today. There are seven GTs now with yellow applied to them and all the SGs they have now have yellow applied too.

• Advertisement

6 hybrid buses are on trial with DB.

They must be looking into the full EV as that is the UK way now too.

6 hybrid buses are on trial with DB.

They must be looking into the full EV as that is the UK way now too.

Apart from a few trials in London there have yet to be any double decker EVs produced. What hybrid buses do they have on trial I've only seen is a Wright bodied London bus with the same front as a BE VWD.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭spoonerhead

Driver on the 17 bus is either drunk, living on nerves or maybe both... in and out of stops like a yo-yo. Has anyone any idea what kind of training was involved before getting the buses into service by GAI?

Driver on the 17 bus is either drunk, living on nerves or maybe both... in and out of stops like a yo-yo. Has anyone any idea what kind of training was involved before getting the buses into service by GAI?

That's a very bold claim..I highly doubt there drunk cause they wouldn't even made out of the garage with a job..I say it's nerves and the trainers a good trainers most are from go-ahead London and are very good they have patients like saints plus the drivers go through the same test as every other bus driver in the country.

I've been hearing about the 114 on here as well. All I can say is good grief; what a disaster. To hear there was no buses running from Monday morning apparently right into lunchtime is an appalling start for the route. Have they improved their time on the route at all up until now?

No they are in broadstone GAI won a tender to do the tests for it there is GAI drivers driving them and the drivers them in cork aswel.

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Apart from a few trials in London there have yet to be any double decker EVs produced. What hybrid buses do they have on trial I've only seen is a Wright bodied London bus with the same front as a BE VWD.

What I meant was the picture I put up of the full EV single decker which London are using.

They have been using double deck hybrids for years.

I believe they are trialing 3 different models but I would need to check as I did hear but haven't seen them yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

They probably only went into service this week - give them a break. Unlike most other jobs, bus drivers have to make all their rookie mistakes in public. On my first couple of days, I was constantly stopping either a foot away from the kerb or loudly crunching against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,094 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

104 this morning at Beaumont hospital was hilarious driver change tool 15 minutes fed up driver of 17a stuck behind this 104 wanted to lampoon the driver when he finally did take off he spluttered up and out onto the Beaumont road I jumped off after 2 stops having boarded 25 minutes before hand a 6 minute journey more than quadrupled. The TFI alert wasn't working for go ahead buses travesty of a system. I still find it disturbing buses serving a vital hospital were put out to tender, the hospital are of little to no help regarding enquiries to the standards of the bus services but that was always the case in the past few years if you are late for an appointment make prior preparations regardless of your dependence on the public transport.

They probably only went into service this week - give them a break. Unlike most other jobs, bus drivers have to make all their rookie mistakes in public. On my first couple of days, I was constantly stopping either a foot away from the kerb or loudly crunching against it.

I was constantly stopping a foot away from the kerb and I still scrape the kerb to this day

The new sg has a new metal lip that sticks out further then ever before so this gives one almighty bang and looks you get.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Here we go

He's probably keeping time he may have been running fast some controllers say pull into every bus stop if there's some one there or not hell learn what it takes him at different times of the day and adjust most just leave 5 mins late so there playing catch up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

The new sg has a new metal lip that sticks out further then ever before so this gives one almighty bang and looks you get.....

Wake you up dosent it. :D:D

Yeah I noticed an awful scraping noise when pulling away from a kerb on an 2018 SG. What's the point on such a thing surely it must serve some purpose can't see any with this though.

Wake you up dosent it. :D:D

I had one yesterday where the mirror arm was as bent as an s hook.... It made it seem further away until bang and I'm like ah fcuk it......

Such terrible design. I know why it's there to protect the ramp but it just doesn't work with castle curving.

There are over 500 sg vehicles now, obviously minus the ones in go ahead which are now 111### etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

114 a shambles again today, first three buses didn't arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭mbradso2003

Joke I live in terminus and still cannot rely on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Joegriffin2019

Go Ahead to get at least 5 more SG type next month. Some street lites may be moving....

Go Ahead to get at least 5 more SG type next month. Some street lites may be moving....

Are they moving to DB or BE for local work. Will the SGs be transferred from DB or brand new?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Joegriffin2019

They are ment to be new ones from the Dublin bus batch. I do not know where the streetlites are going. Go Ahead do not need the full allocation. Some have still not entered service yet.

• Advertisement

Oh god I don't want the displeasure of driving a streetlite

Advertisement