Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert results

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

sunnyost wrote: »
    I am an external candidate but I can't find anything online about collecting them early from anywhere. My nerves are eating me alive :(:(
    Yeah, I'd be a bit dubious about collecting post early tbh ... maybe in the past at some little rural post office where Mrs. McGillicuddy is the postmistress and sure she went to school with your granny and knows you're waiting and slips them out the kitchen door to you early! :pac:

Most post offices aren't in any position to cope with people wandering in and demanding their post early (for whatever reason) though.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭roisiny

I had BESS in Trinity down, but seeing as I'm estimating I got 100 points less than I actually need, I doubt that's going to happen.

My other choices are a jumble of commerce degrees dotted all over the country. Each have pros and cons - some are closer to home, allowing me to continue showjumping, the only sport I've ever been good at (:rolleyes:) others are further away, but have better reputations.

Because of the fact I don't have one "dream" course down, I'm feeling entirely emotionless about the whole thing. Other than prewarning my mother not to tell every single person she meets tomorrow how many points I got, I haven't thought of it much at all. My highest course is 580, my lowest is 350, and wouldn't mind either.

I've actually come here to psych myself up a bit, though knowing me I'll be emotional about it, whatever the outcome... :):):)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Our school starts giving them out at 10, but as far as I know they arrive in the school a good bit before that.

School had them today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Hulgerx10

judeboy101 wrote: »
    School had them today

Well, I'm going in now lads. Wish me luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭dorado99

Urgh my school gives them out at 10am , why does it have to torture us, a whole hour after the majority of schools...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭franklyon

Just a quick question do the results get posted out to everyone?

Hulgerx10 wrote: »
    Well, I'm going in now lads. Wish me luck.

Lol, whats worse is that most teachers who are interested will already know how you have done. I'll b heading in tm to grab my classes results (secretary photocopies them) ill know before students do.

Lol, whats worse is that most teachers who are interested will already know how you have done. I'll b heading in tm to grab my classes results (secretary photocopies them) ill know before students do.

Well I hope that you're the teacher:D:D and not a nosy classmate:P

Is anyone's expectations of one's results going down by the hour too?

dorado99 wrote: »
    Is anyone's expectations of one's results going down by the hour too?

Mine's gone down by 50 in the last hour. Damn chemistry paper...

Well I hope that you're the teacher:D:D and not a nosy classmate:P

Teacher, best of luck tm

• Advertisement

Teacher, best of luck tm

Be honest plz, are students generally happy or disappointed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 sunnyost

franklyon wrote: »
    Just a quick question do the results get posted out to everyone?

Not as far as I know. External candidates get theirs posted out and I'm sure the school post them out if they're not collected after a certain amount of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭franklyon

Not as far as I know. External candidates get theirs posted out and I'm sure the school post them out if they're not collected after a certain amount of time.

Thanks sat the higher Irish paper as an external candidate so avoids going into the school.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

I'm collecting mine at 9 and I'm absolutely bricking it ����

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭EireLemon

Ahhhh the anxiety is off the scales. The thought of pulling the sheet slowly out of the envelope is killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Grade breakdowns here.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/polopoly_fs/1.3188329.1502861717!/menu/standard/file/16-08-17_IT_BSZ_06_CW.pdf

Might help someone else. I find it reassuring.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lala1639

Got mine in the post office this morning, should have enough points for my course. Good luck everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

So happy I should've definitely gotten my first course unless the points change drastically! Was disappointed with one or two individual results but other results I weren't expecting made up for that!

Best of luck everyone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 CreepyOnion

Got 565. Anyone think I'll get pharmacy? This new system has me anxious :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Biggest anti climax ever

• Advertisement

Not very good. 509 but I need 525. I have HEAR however. Do I have a chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭thetalker

I didn't do HEAR but read it usually offers a max of 25 extra points so you might just be on the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

No way of knowing until Monday. Depends on how many HEAR places are on the course and how many other HEAR students have applied. And of course the points could change.

Fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

499 - 11 off UCD Science, 1 off Trinity Science. Hopefully the points drastically change so I can get UCD Science, literally could go up a grade in any subject and get my first choice. Hope the script viewings will help me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 sunnyost

480 here, kinda disappointed. Hopefully I can get my papers rechecked and go up a little :(

480 here, kinda disappointed. Hopefully I can get my papers rechecked and go up a little :(

That's a brilliant score, mate. You'll definitely get law in Maynooth ;)

532 here. Surprised with 2 results, thought I was getting H1 in both but ended up with H3s. But delighted that I met the min entry requirement in Maths. I still think I have a really good chance of getting in with the Hear scheme.

532 here. Surprised with 2 results, thought I was getting H1 in both but ended up with H3s. But delighted that I met the min entry requirement in Maths. I still think I have a really good chance of getting in with the Hear scheme.

What are you going for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

290 here 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

Absolutely delighted :D 20 more points than my first choice was last year so I hope I'm in the clear. Got a H4 in maths for my course requirements too which I couldn't believe. Well done everyone, I hope you're all happy with them :)

Advertisement