Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Wildcard thread 2017/18

  • 13-08-2017 1:13pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 47,773 ✭✭✭✭ km79
    Registered User


    I'm just setting this up for a friend..........


«13456746

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 47,773 ✭✭✭✭ km79
    Registered User


    I'm just going to have a little tinker now
    See what it looks like


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭ Tylerdurex
    Banned


    Have had a great start with 92 points last week and 46 so far this week with Alonso Danillo Alli Debryune and Mounie all yet to play . I've had pog mik and lu since gw1 , its prob mad but I've went ahead and played the WC anyway , opinions

    Foster

    Hegazi
    Bertrend
    Trippier

    Pogba
    Mane
    Mkhitaryan
    Eriksen
    Loftus cheek

    Kane
    Lukaku


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭ skippy15
    Registered User


    Tylerdurex wrote: »
    Have had a great start with 92 points last week and 46 so far this week with Alonso Danillo Alli Debryune and Mounie all yet to play . I've had pog mik and lu since gw1 , its prob mad but I've went ahead and played the WC anyway , opinions :confused::confused::confused:

    :confused::confused::confused: why? makes no sense wildcard is for when you need changes or struggling to field a squad


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭ ElTel
    Registered User


    Tylerdurex wrote: »
    Have had a great start with 92 points last week and 46 so far this week with Alonso Danillo Alli Debryune and Mounie all yet to play . I've had pog mik and lu since gw1 , its prob mad but I've went ahead and played the WC anyway , opinions

    Foster

    Hegazi
    Bertrend
    Trippier

    Pogba
    Mane
    Mkhitaryan
    Eriksen
    Loftus cheek

    Kane
    Lukaku

    Save .5M with another saint...Yoshi
    You may not want him in the end but Chich (say) may get a double rise. GL
    Even if they're fodder I want a look at the 15


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭ iroced
    Registered User


    km79 wrote: »
    I'm just setting this up for a friend..........
    Think you're late. Kev's already on his 3rd WC of the season :p.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,797 ✭✭✭✭ PARlance
    Registered User


    Tylerdurex wrote: »
    Have had a great start with 92 points last week and 46 so far this week with Alonso Danillo Alli Debryune and Mounie all yet to play . I've had pog mik and lu since gw1 , its prob mad but I've went ahead and played the WC anyway , opinions

    Foster

    Hegazi
    Bertrend
    Trippier

    Pogba
    Mane
    Mkhitaryan
    Eriksen
    Loftus cheek

    Kane
    Lukaku

    It is very mad. What's your bench?


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭ Chesty08
    Registered User


    Think I'm going to WC

    Currently

    Hennessy Speroni

    Danilo Bertrand TAA Kolasinac Long

    KDB Salah Mooy RLC Carroll

    Kane Aguero Firmino.

    Want to change my defence completely.. get Utd, WBA coverage in

    Midfield.. Both big hitters out for Utd coverage.

    Completely re shaping my structure.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭ Chesty08
    Registered User


    Chesty08 wrote: »
    Think I'm going to WC

    Currently

    Hennessy Speroni

    Danilo Bertrand TAA Kolasinac Long

    KDB Salah Mooy RLC Carroll

    Kane Aguero Firmino.

    Want to change my defence completely.. get Utd, WBA coverage in

    Midfield.. Both big hitters out for Utd coverage.

    Completely re shaping my structure.

    Most likely go

    Speroni to Elliott
    TAA to Wimmer
    Danilo to Bailly
    KDB to Pogba
    Salah to Mane
    Aguero out tio


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭ ElTel
    Registered User


    Chesty08 wrote: »
    Think I'm going to WC

    Currently

    Hennessy Speroni

    Danilo Bertrand TAA Kolasinac Long

    KDB Salah Mooy RLC Carroll

    Kane Aguero Firmino.

    Want to change my defence completely.. get Utd, WBA coverage in

    Midfield.. Both big hitters out for Utd coverage.

    Completely re shaping my structure.

    That squad can wait a week if it's a re-shape. IB, transfer winda over...


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭ Chesty08
    Registered User


    ElTel wrote: »
    That squad can wait a week if it's a re-shape. IB, transfer winda over...

    Still under the 100 point mark & OR 2mil

    No Utd coverage biggest fault along with the defence

    What benefits of waiting a week with no Utd coverage


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭ shineon23
    Registered User


    Tylerdurex wrote:
    Have had a great start with 92 points last week and 46 so far this week with Alonso Danillo Alli Debryune and Mounie all yet to play . I've had pog mik and lu since gw1 , its prob mad but I've went ahead and played the WC anyway , opinions

    Ha the fabled early wildcard from a position of strength rather than desperation.

    I'd like to have that option some season.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭ ElTel
    Registered User


    Chesty08 wrote: »
    Still under the 100 point mark & OR 2mil

    No Utd coverage biggest fault along with the defence

    What benefits of waiting a week with no Utd coverage

    I'm a hoarder but I'd never put anyone off an early WC.
    Nearly 200k WC'ed last week.

    Price-wise it was slow last week-perhaps WC this week has a better chance of the double risers. Which 3 will be in?


  • Registered Users Posts: 38,773 ✭✭✭✭ KevIRL
    Registered User


    iroced wrote: »
    Think you're late. Kev's already on his 3rd WC of the season :p.

    I'm all about the free hit this year.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,267 ✭✭✭✭ FHFC
    Registered User


    ElTel wrote: »
    I'm a hoarder but I'd never put anyone off an early WC.
    Nearly 200k WC'ed last week.

    Price-wise it was slow last week-perhaps WC this week has a better chance of the double risers. Which 3 will be in?

    Are we still talking about the myth of the double riser to make money on Wildcard?

    So rare that it shouldn't be a factor in considering Wildcard. And rises seem very slow this year.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭ Benimar
    Registered User


    FHFC wrote: »
    Are we still talking about the myth of the double riser to make money on Wildcard?

    So rare that it shouldn't be a factor in considering Wildcard. And rises seem very slow this year.

    Agree with your point, but I do think there can be merit in Wildcarding to avoid major loss in value. That was one of my motivations in using the WC after GW3 last season, I was about to lose 0.5 or 0.6 on team value.

    It seems in recent times the drops outweigh the risers in early weeks ..considerably.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,267 ✭✭✭✭ FHFC
    Registered User


    Benimar wrote: »
    Agree with your point, but I do think there can be merit in Wildcarding to avoid major loss in value. That was one of my motivations in using the WC after GW3 last season, I was about to lose 0.5 or 0.6 on team value.

    It seems in recent times the drops outweigh the risers in early weeks ..considerably.

    Your point is my point. :)

    That is the main value consideration in wildcarding. That and getting players you want long term in before they rise significantly.

    I wasn't saying Wildcard had no impact on value, just that the 'chasing 0.2 rises' thing hasn't been a thing since 2013/14, but people still go on about it.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭ Tylerdurex
    Banned


    The main reason I did it is to get Kane in , I think Kane is going to explode soon . My subs are Elliott long quaner and rangel


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭ Tylerdurex
    Banned


    ElTel wrote: »
    Save .5M with another saint...Yoshi
    You may not want him in the end but Chich (say) may get a double rise. GL
    Even if they're fodder I want a look at the 15

    Is yoshi a permanent fixture , I brought in chico for now . How do I check potential potential price rises


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,267 ✭✭✭✭ FHFC
    Registered User


    Tylerdurex wrote: »
    Is yoshi a permanent fixture , I brought in chico for now . How do I check potential potential price rises

    Saints meant to be signing a CB which puts Yoshi or Stephens at risk. Saints fans seem to think Yoshi will be dropped.


  • Registered Users Posts: 15,945 ✭✭✭✭ dahat
    Registered User


    Why am I here....this won't end well....


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,259 ✭✭✭✭ Tauriel
    Registered User


    I've WC and can't decide between Mooy and Jese.


  • Registered Users Posts: 15,229 ✭✭✭✭ manual_man
    Registered User


    On WC at the moment (wild card, not toilet) and looking at something like this

    Hart(Elliott)
    Jones Bavies Schindler (Dunk Mbemba)
    Pogba Mkyryan Eriksen KDB (RLC)
    Chicharito Firmino Kane

    Kane will be backed as captain to end the August hoodoo against Burnley


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭ ScummyMan
    Registered User


    manual_man wrote: »
    On WC at the moment (wild card, not toilet) and looking at something like this

    Hart(Elliott)
    Jones Bavies Schindler (Dunk Mbemba)
    Pogba Mkyryan Eriksen KDB (RLC)
    Chicharito Firmino Kane

    Kane will be backed as captain to end the August hoodoo against Burnley

    Decent looking team. It's brave to WC without Lukaku though.

    Also not sure I'd be wildcarding in Jones, he's looked good but you'd have to think Lindelof will start getting minutes, Jones is due to break also.


  • Registered Users Posts: 15,229 ✭✭✭✭ manual_man
    Registered User


    ScummyMan wrote: »
    Decent looking team. It's brave to WC without Lukaku though.

    Also not sure I'd be wildcarding in Jones, he's looked good but you'd have to think Lindelof will start getting minutes, Jones is due to break also.

    Just want Utd defence really and Jones is the cheap option in. Thankfully there's plenty of decent 5m or less def options if he doesn't work out. I figure i can manage without Lukaku. Kane has more captainable fixtures coming up. And having Pog/Mky covers me if United continue to score well


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭ shineon23
    Registered User


    FHFC wrote: »
    Saints meant to be signing a CB which puts Yoshi or Stephens at risk. Saints fans seem to think Yoshi will be dropped.

    I think both Stephens and Yoshida will be at risk to Hoedt.

    Even more so in September if the club sits tight over VVD and he recovers from 'injury'


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭ shineon23
    Registered User


    Will be wildcarding myself next Saturday night I think.

    Want to do it this week after a terrible showing so far this weekend but got badly burned with injuries over an international break before and won't take that risk again.

    Agree with above, no real advantage for managers looking to bank team value.
    In recent years there's been very few double risers over the break and a lull in transfers overall.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,940 ✭✭✭ klopparama
    Registered User


    shineon23 wrote: »
    Will be wildcarding myself next Saturday night I think.

    Want to do it this week after a terrible showing so far this weekend but got badly burned with injuries over an international break before and won't take that risk again.

    Agree with above, no real advantage for managers looking to bank team value.
    In recent years there's been very few double risers over the break and a lull in transfers overall.

    I'd originally planned for WC in about GW 9 when window is closed, the first 11's look nailed and the internationals are over but a shocking start has me worried.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭ shineon23
    Registered User


    klopparama wrote:
    I'd originally planned for WC in about GW 9 when window is closed, the first 11's look nailed and the internationals are over but a shocking start has me worried.

    Just seen highlights of Chelsea Spurs there.
    As much as I don't like to take 'bad luck' into account. On another day I could have got a goal and assist from Willian, at least a goal from Kane and Bavies had a decent effort saved.

    I'm didn't help my sanity yesterday that a rival has Alonso first sub coming in for him.

    No doubt that I need to wildcard to soft myself out but I'll hold for the week.

    If Chelsea dont sign a left back/lwb before the window shuts I dont think I'll be able to ignore Alonso with my wildcard. Rival ownership and yesterday's returns convinced me that he's still a great FPL option like last season and I have to stop making decisions based on real life matches :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,940 ✭✭✭ klopparama
    Registered User


    I was sure Chelsea would have signed a replacement by now.


  • Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 PVA
    Banned


    While looking at options to get Kane in for GW3 based on underlying stats, the question arises as to when is an early wildcard justified, and when is it knee-jerk? Also, with the introduction of the new 'One Week Wildcard' (Free Hit), does this devalue the benefit of holding on to the wildcard in any way?

    Personally, I would change 10+ players now on a wildcard, as we can already make some assumptions which could easily hold true for the coming weeks and months;
    - Alonso is a must have
    - United DF coverage is needed
    - United MF coverage is needed
    - Mane is the choice of Liverpool mids, referred to as a 'striker' by Klopp
    - Mooy is the pick of the £5.5m mids
    - Elliott and Mbemba are the £4m DF/GK enablers (this could change, but safest options for now to maintain value)
    - Kane's underlying stats indicate upcoming returns
    - Lukaku's underlying stats indicate his run may not continue
    - Chicharito has shown good form as 3rd striker enabler
    - Vardy potentially out for a month, joining Zaha
    - Trippier is back from injury - he was in most GW1 teams before his injury

    Bearing in mind that City are still to come this evening, the below would be along the lines of a template wildcard team for GW3 (new players for my team in red)

    De Gea (Elliott)
    Alonso Trippier Hegazi (Lowe Mbemba)
    Eriksen Mane Mkyryan Mooy (RLC)
    Chicharito Firmino Kane

    Question is - other than the upcoming international break and insurance against a week of multiple injuries/red cards, what is the main benefit to holding on to the first wildcard past August/September?


Advertisement