Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL price changes 2017/18.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

FHFC wrote: »
    Based on my data from last 3 seasons we can expect between 20 and 30 price drops tonight. Even Zaha might not be safe.

https://twitter.com/trevg1977/status/898575707600805888

Total anomaly of only one rise last night though...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

PVA wrote: »
    Total anomaly of only one rise last night though...

No drops was very odd yeah. GW1 starting on Friday may have changed the dynamic a bit. Transfers till now spread over an extra day.

Not sure though. Be interesting to see if the usual flurry of drops happens tonight.

Going by FPLS there will be 20+ changes, although the majority of these will be drops rather than rises.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

PVA wrote: »
    Going by FPLS there will be 20+ changes, although the majority of these will be drops rather than rises.

Fantasy Fotball Fix reckons Ibrahimvic is dropping :D

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Up:

bf86aa59b4e892d1f08175ba33b06793.png

Willian

Down:

24a546db993a22dd4ad2e5f8a8ac930b.png

Costa, Trippier, Pedro, Sané, Walcott, Robertson, Pied, S. Long, Shelvey, Snodgrass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Sure almost 400,000 people transferred Zaha out. That's almost 40% of people who owned him. 

Ah no his price stays the same though .......................

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Sure almost 400,000 people transferred Zaha out. That's almost 40% of people who owned him. 

Ah no his price stays the same though .......................
    The red flag increased his target NTO (Net Transfers Out) for him to drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

iroced wrote: »
    The red flag increased his target NTO (Net Transfers Out) for him to drop.

He still should have dropped comfortably. Xhaka also should have gotten second rise.

Major decrease in number of rises and in particular falls based on recent years. Something has changed.

FHFC wrote: »
    He still should have dropped comfortably. Xhaka also should have gotten second rise.

Major decrease in number of rises and in particular falls based on recent years. Something has changed.

Are you sure? FISO reckoned that a red flag may multiply the threshold up to 2.5 times.
    10% of his ownership was required for him to drop. Red flag pushes that to 25%. That's huge!
    Do you know what was his ownership at the beginning of the week so that we could work out his threshold?

They made an update to their CTC explanation this year and reckon that this multiplier (present in the previous seasons) has gone for orange & yellow flags.

Now what I don't get is how they're so far off in their predictions if they actually are following the adjustments FPL are making to their algorithm.

About Xhaka second rise, maybe FPL put back the weighting factors. That'd be a great news (if also applied to price drops).

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

I don't mind that zaha didn't drop
    He will drop tonight and there was no way I was making my transfer for next week today so it has allowed me time
    Trippier at 5.4 at home to Burnley ........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Lads what site do ye use for rises this season, I want to beat the davies rise

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Lads what site do ye use for rises this season, I want to beat the davies rise

FPL Statistics, I'd say you'll have to do it tonight

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Fffix seems to be all over the shop tonight with rise/fall predictions. What site are people finding the best? FPLStats?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Fffix seems to be all over the shop tonight with rise/fall predictions. What site are people finding the best? FPLStats?
    FPLstats the only reliable source from last year onwards...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

UP:

000d6c4a-800.jpg
    image.jpg

Davies
    Pogba

DOWN:

hqdefault.jpg

Benteke
    Pereira
    Capoue
    Herrera
    Iheanacho
    Yaya Toure
    Solanke
    Origi
    Sandro
    Holgate
    Zaha
    Schlupp
    Barnes
    Perez

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Is Phil Jones anywhere close to rising?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Is Phil Jones anywhere close to rising?

70.1% atm.

All the price change sites are way off when it comes to rises this season. Hopefully this will even out once they have sufficient data to update the prediction models.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Every morning I wake up hoping Mick McCarthy has been incorporated into the price changes thread!
    RossieMan wrote: »
    I die a little without Mick telling me who's gone up or down.
    jimmii wrote: »
    Take the chance to get things back to how they were last season. We needs lot of Mick and some well chosen gifs that's what this thread is really about.
    Micks or gtfo!

57002125.jpg

image.jpg

Up:
    Hegazi

Mick-_Mc_Carthy-006_zps74f8de87.jpg

Down:

Alexis
    Josh King
    Malone
    Lanzini
    Success
    Boufal
    Mitrovic
    Lindelof
    Smalling
    Bravo
    Lallana
    Heefele
    Klassen
    Lookman
    Afobe

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Hefele 4.4 now. Shouldnt he be first choice when fully fit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

First double rise of the season
    Walk Like an Egyptian :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I think FFFix got those Rise/Falls pretty much right last night. I never took a screenshot but they had Hegazi as the sole risers and most, if not all, of those fallers.

There's a note on their site saying that they've increased their thresholds as they think FPL have done so thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

UP:
    4859379223_394e360634_z.jpg
    Chicharito
    Doucouré
    Mooy
    Zanka
    Mkhytaryan

DOWN:
    Tottenham-vs-West-Ham.jpg
    Holding
    Defoe
    Batshuayi
    Sigurdsson
    Sobhi
    Targett
    Diamé
    Carrick
    Darmian
    Townsend
    Chambers
    De Jong
    A. Carroll
    Rodriguez
    Chadli
    Hughes
    Pereyra
    Narsingh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Got no notification from Fix that Holding was dropping.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Will be keeping an eye on Siggy for when their fixtures clear up.
    Keep selling. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Pardon my ignorance but why when a player's value drops ( Jay Rodriguez) from 6m to 5.9m do I only get the 5.9m when I go to change him. But if a player's value rises ( Salah) 9m to 9.1m I only get the original 9m.
    I don't understand it where the benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

fennor72 wrote: »
    Pardon my ignorance but why when a player's value drops ( Jay Rodriguez) from 6m to 5.9m do I only get the 5.9m when I go to change him. But if a player's value rises ( Salah) 9m to 9.1m I only get the original 9m.

You suffer the full losses but only get 50% of the gains, so it takes two rises to be able to earn 0.1 profit on a player.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

fennor72 wrote: »

If Salah rises again to 9.2 then you will get 9.1 if you bought him for 9.0.

You only get half of the rise (minimum 0.1)

There is no benefit, just another thing that makes the game more difficult :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Hefele 4.4 now. Shouldnt he be first choice when fully fit?

Just read on Wiki that he came on as a 46th sub last year...up front...and scored 2 goals.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Just read on Wiki that he came on as a 46th sub last year...up front...and scored 2 goals.

:)

Thought you were only allowed 3 subs per game?

Advertisement