Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL price changes 2017/18.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Can't believe so many are bringing in Xhaka. Definition of an impulse buy imo and not worth 5.5 at all

• Registered Users Posts: 12,377 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

True, but he's worth 5.6 now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Xhaka was on corners, that's not bad for 5.5 if one is ready to accept yellow cards, too.

More one pointers than 5-6 pointers to come over the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

callaway92 wrote: »
    Can't believe so many are bringing in Xhaka. Definition of an impulse buy imo and not worth 5.5 at all

I can't believe the amount of knowledgeable posters recommending it !!!!!
    Anyway hegazi continues to reward :D

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

wonski wrote: »
    Xhaka was on corners, that's not bad for 5.5 if one is ready to accept yellow cards, too.

More one pointers than 5-6 pointers to come over the season.

Don't forget the red cards too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,450 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You are going on his first season in the Premier league to decide how Xhaka's season is going to go. Based on the other night he may have different instructions this season. He was continuing on with runs after he passed the ball, if that continues then he is going to have goals and assists.

I can fully understand why people are willing to bring him in right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,361 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

eagle eye wrote: »
    You are going on his first season in the Premier league to decide how Xhaka's season is going to go. Based on the other night he may have different instructions this season. He was continuing on with runs after he passed the ball, if that continues then he is going to have goals and assists.

I can fully understand why people are willing to bring him in right now.

When Ramsey and Xhaka start together though it's likely that it's Ramsey that will be the one that goes forward making runs with Xhaka sitting back.

When Ramsey and Xhaka start together though it's likely that it's Ramsey that will be the one that goes forward making runs with Xhaka sitting back.

I think we should expect to see Ramsey played further forward when he does start. It shouldn't affect Xhaka's role that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,627 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I think we should expect to see Ramsey played further forward when he does start. It shouldn't affect Xhaka's role that much.
    I would have thought Xhaka would move to Elneny role and Ramsey to do the role Xhaka had on Friday of pushing forward. Xhaka is too much of a card magnet for me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

I dumped Alonso for Hegazi last night. Basically just rectifying a pre-season error.

Bit of an impulse move for a Sunday night, but I feel making the early transfers is needed to maintain team value before Christmas. Always a risk with mid-week games though!

£2.5m in the bank which will likely be used to move Jesus on after GW2. Either Kane or Vardy to come in, with the latter allowing an upgrade of Atsu to Eriksen.

Making a long-term decision to go without Kane and Aguero is a big risk, but early indications are showing value in the £8.5m strikers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I would have thought Xhaka would move to Elneny role and Ramsey to do the role Xhaka had on Friday of pushing forward. Xhaka is too much of a card magnet for me

This is exactly what will happen.

Funny how someone above criticised judging Xhakas role based on one season, while promoting him based on one game with the line up likely to be different going forward... :)

I brought in Hegazi for Pied which was an easy move. I then made a mistake and brought in Xhaka for Redmond I thought but then I see Redmond still in my team and Mooy missing :(

I brought in Hegazi for Pied which was an easy move. I then made a mistake and brought in Xhaka for Redmond I thought but then I see Redmond still in my team and Mooy missing :(
    Oh dearie me !

Hegazi past 20% to another rise already. Good lad.

Looks like Iwobi will drop tonight so have a decision to make. Will either sell him for Mooy or downgrade to Cork and upgrade Gabbi to Firmino/Vardy. Not sure if it's worth a hit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,091 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Looks like Iwobi will drop tonight so have a decision to make. Will either sell him for Mooy or downgrade to Cork and upgrade Gabbi to Firmino/Vardy. Not sure if it's worth a hit though.

I did Iwobi to Cork for the extra cash. It'll be resting in my account until next weekend. Another GW might help with the decision.

(I'm repeating myself now, the more I say it, the more I might actually resist a hit)

I'm pretty shocked Iwobi is such a concern for so many to be getting rid.

I would have been happy to wait and see but I'd loathe any price drop.

Been travelling so have no idea who to replace him with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Looks like Fabregas will survive another night thank God, still deciding what to do with him.

klopparama wrote: »
    I'm pretty shocked Iwobi is such a concern for so many to be getting rid.

I would have been happy to wait and see but I'd loathe any price drop.

Been travelling so have no idea who to replace him with.

It's very annoying, he could easily start against Stoke. Think I'd nearly even prefer a 20 minute sub appearance from him over 90 minutes from a 4.5 cheapie. Might just swallow the drop now because I can't decide what to do.

It's very annoying, he could easily start against Stoke. Think I'd nearly even prefer a 20 minute sub appearance from him over 90 minutes from a 4.5 cheapie. Might just swallow the drop now because I can't decide what to do.

I agree he could start against Stoke. I could also see him scoring if getting 20 minutes as a sub. I would like him in my team mid to long term.

But. If he doesn't start against Stoke it's a small disaster and that 0.1m will hugely impact any replacement at this stage of the season.

I've just taken a -4 to get him out for a bench player so I've another week to decide on a proper replacement.

• Advertisement

klopparama wrote: »
    I agree he could start against Stoke. I could also see him scoring if getting 20 minutes as a sub. I would like him in my team mid to long term.

But. If he doesn't start against Stoke it's a small disaster and that 0.1m will hugely impact any replacement at this stage of the season.

I've just taken a -4 to get him out for a bench player so I've another week to decide on a proper replacement.

Feck it, this made sense, just did Iwobi to Cork. Will have exactly enough to do Gabbi to Firmino then if I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

33_EFEB5_B00000578-3578668-_Jamie_Vardy_who_grabbed.jpg
    Up:
    Vardy
    Salah

download.jpg
    Down:
    Iwobi*
    Slimani
    Sterling

*That's a young Iwobi signing for Arsenal in 2003, not a young Stormzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

104112297_henrikhmkhitaryan-chess-sport-large_tr.png
    Up:
    Mkhitaryan
    Lukaku

Laurent_Depoitre_nd_MNe_Ocy8_Sm.jpg
    Down:
    Depoitre
    Lindelöf
    Bernardo Silva

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Do we think Jesus will drop this week?

Hard to gauge as a number of people will be focusing on Kane, Zaha, Fabregas, Cahill etc.

City have a good fixture up next, and a few people said Jesus played well. Reckon I'll hold either way

Was sure fabregas would drop last night
    Be great if zahas flag is changed soon........
    Austin and siggy nearing drops too........

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

km79 wrote: »
    Was sure fabregas would drop last night
    Be great if zahas flag is changed soon........
    Austin and siggy nearing drops too........

Hopefully he drops a bit if Everton and him start slowly because of the difficulty of their fixtures.

PVA wrote: »
    Do we think Jesus will drop this week?

Hard to gauge as a number of people will be focusing on Kane, Zaha, Fabregas, Cahill etc.

City have a good fixture up next, and a few people said Jesus played well. Reckon I'll hold either way

Jesus and Gabbiadini both over the 50% Mark and will be very close to dropping in the Friday rush imo. Hard to call it and they may escape, but it'll be close.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,193 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

FHFC wrote: »
    Jesus and Gabbiadini both over the 50% Mark and will be very close to dropping in the Friday rush imo. Hard to call it and they may escape, but it'll be close.

I'll happily take Jesus at 10.4 if he drops in the next while

• Registered Users Posts: 21,091 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'll happily take Jesus at 10.4 if he drops in the next while

I'll happily take his 10 points this weekend at 10.4 :)

• Advertisement

Tonight could be carnage

Advertisement