Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working with a pregnant woman...

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

eviltwin wrote: »
    Being a dick is also a choice. Choose not to be a dick. It makes everyone's life easier.

Dicks have nothing to do with this thread!!

Oh hang on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

me_irl wrote: »
    I also read this joke on reddit.

I read your username on reddit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Ffs I hate these women who moan about being pregnant and periods etc
    Well done U trooper, it's been done for generations -without the comforts we have now. Get over yerselves..
    Wait til the kid actually pops out op,if she's like this now ..

tupenny wrote: »
    Ffs I hate these women who moan about being pregnant and periods etc
    Well done U trooper, it's been done for generations -without the comforts we have now. Get over yerselves..
    Wait til the kid actually pops out op,if she's like this now ..

Today I'm getting the "oh I might go today, will you be ready to drive me, oh the cramps..."

OBVIOUSLY it's uncomfortable, and will hit levels of pain that I possibly only reached when I had kidney stones. And as she's a friend obviously it's great and I'm delighted for her and her husband. But just the constant drone about it. The others in the office (and I'm the only man) just never did the whole...routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Some just love to milk it.
    (I'm allowed say thus , as a woman who's gave birth 😉)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I do realise that this is within the realm of "stuff that is infinitely more entertaining to discuss after smoking several joints" but wouldn't it really be so much more convenient if humans reproduces like plants?

Seriously, imagine if instead of getting pregnant, the fertilised egg popped out within say a day or two of sex, and then all you had to do as a woman was find a decent patch of earth in your garden (or even a big flowerpot if you live in a flat / concreted gaff), train the dog not to pee there or dig random holes in the general vicinity, and then just go about your life for the next nine months?

It could even blossom or something to let you know it was time to dig up your new baby. Or better yet, the baby is born with both the strength and the instinct to dig itself up when ready.

I'm just saying, like... Maybe in another few million years of evolution we might get there somehow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

Would you?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Seriously, imagine if instead of getting pregnant, the fertilised egg popped out within say a day or two of sex, and then all you had to do as a woman was find a decent patch of earth in your garden (or even a big flowerpot if you live in a flat / concreted gaff), train the dog not to pee there or dig random holes in the general vicinity, and then just go about your life for the next nine months?

It could even blossom or something to let you know it was time to dig up your new baby. Or better yet, the baby is born with both the strength and the instinct to dig itself up when ready.

I'm just saying, like... Maybe in another few million years of evolution we might get there somehow?

Eve ate an apple. That's why

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

I do realise that this is within the realm of "stuff that is infinitely more entertaining to discuss after smoking several joints" but wouldn't it really be so much more convenient if humans reproduces like plants?

Something like vegetive propagation
    This is where part of a plant breaks off and forms a new plant. Important in killing certain types of weeds that reproduce through vegetive propagation that you get the whole bqstard.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Working with them is a doddle compared to living with one!

Living with one is your own fault.
    Well... most of the time i guess.

I had nothing to do with the pregnancy of the women i work(ed) with.

• Advertisement
Advertisement