Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working with a pregnant woman...

Options
  • 10-08-2017 12:15pm

...I'm at breaking point, the sighs, the slipping off the shoes, the constant rubbing of the stomach and staring into mid distance, the hours spent on the phone to hubbie wondering about which bottle steriliser.

It all reminds me of...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

82hfre.jpg

The option is always available to turn your attention to something else, and leave the pregnant women to get on with things without the unflattering judgement of a co-worker who seems to despise them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

"Yeah, just because you let some useless tosser blow his beans up your muff."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Candie wrote: »
    The option is always available to turn your attention to something else, and leave the pregnant women to get on with things without the unflattering judgement of a co-worker who seems to despise them.

Ah Jebus.
    Overreact much?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Woman Growing Human Somewhat Distracted Shocker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

...I'm at breaking point, the sighs, the slipping off the shoes, the constant rubbing of the stomach and staring into mid distance, the hours spent on the phone to hubbie wondering about which bottle steriliser.

It all reminds me of...

Tell her to rub her own bump.

Candie wrote: »
    ...the unflattering judgement of a co-worker who seems to despise them.

We have very different ideas of what it takes to despise someone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Would you say this is a trivial annoyance OP?

Kivaro wrote: »
    Ah Jebus.
    Overreact much?

He's the one at breaking point because someone rubbed her tummy and sighed!

me_irl wrote: »
    Would you say this is a trivial annoyance OP?

It was a TA, but when the smell of feet hit me some hot day last week and she announced that she slipped out of her shoes, it became more.

Had to open up all windows in the place and tell her to put them back on. It was gross.

But note, again, that does not mean I despise her. I just didn't like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Some women are fine to work with when they are pregnant. Id even say taht most are fine. Sickness and discomfort are a part of pregnancy.

I worked with two and it would have been better if they just stayed at home. They'd get involved in something and just leave in the middle of the day sick. It used take me more time to figure out what they'd done and finish it than it would have taken me just to do the work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

It was a TA, but when the smell of feet hit me some hot day last week and she announced that she slipped out of her shoes, it became more.

Had to open up all windows in the place and tell her to put them back on. It was gross.

But note, again, that does not mean I despise her. I just didn't like that.

Ew...

Yeah. That's all right, I wasn't planning on having lunch today anyway.

Pregnancy is a strange thing too. I mean... I know it's natural, but it's f*ckin' weird.

Something like Invasion of the Body Snatch(heh)ers, but each time you do something completely out of character you can blame "deh baybeee!".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Wait until the baby drops. That's when the problems really start.

kylith wrote: »
    Woman Growing Human Somewhat Distracted Shocker.

Not only that, but a human that's currently kicking her innards and is currently planning a head-first exit strategy. I'd be more than distracted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

Sometimes I like to imagine what the world would be like if men grew the babies in their tummies. :) And had periods. Every month. For thirty fcuking years or more. And pushed the babies out their bummies.

:pac:

Malayalam wrote: »
    Sometimes I like to imagine what the world would be like if men grew the babies in their tummies. :) And had periods. Every month. For thirty fcuking years or more. And pushed the babies out their bummies.

:pac:

There'd be no 8th Amendment anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭6541

One in my office, big red head on her, like a massive mountain sitting in front of me. Constant sighs and absolute rubbish coming out of her. Then she finally left, couple of weeks later another female co-worker goes xxxx had a lovely baby boy, she gave me the stats, I was looking at her going in my mind, I really don't care.... Females love me.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭alberto67

Wait until she gives birth in your office... Please help her, you'll love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I have never been bothered by pregnant women at work but when they bring their new babies in to the office for everyone to coo over....get da fck!

the smell of feet hit me some hot day last week and she announced that she slipped out of her shoes, it became more.

Had to open up all windows in the place and tell her to put them back on. It was gross

Jaysus, it's not that she's "pregnant" it's that she's a stinky wagon! :pac:

• Advertisement

alberto67 wrote: »
    Wait until she gives birth in your office... Please help her, you'll love it.

We're near a dentist so can run over and say "you do extractions, don't you"?

The feet thing was the gross one. And she would never have dreamed of it before, she'd be the first to agree that that was gross...but now it's anything goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭alberto67

We're near a dentist so can run over and say "you do extractions, don't you"?

This! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Turn your desk to face hers.

Then leave a pregnancy book on her desk, open at the page where it says if you look at something ugly you'll have an ugly baby.

She'll work from home from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Sounded almost like a mills and boon at the start ,
    Slipping off the shoes , stareing off while rubbing her belly ,

Could be worse could be an over weight bloke rubbing his belly , slipping off the shoes and stares out calling lads will it be McDonald's or burger king today,

Unfortunately op your stuck with it till the baby drops ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Some women are fine, some women are absolute nightmares, much like when they're not pregnant to be fair. I don't really care what they're like unless it's directly affecting me. Am I expected to do both our jobs? Am I being bored to tears by her? Am I consistently affected by her inability/unwillingness to do her job? Then I've problems. If you're fit to be at work, do what you're being paid for.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Working with them is a doddle compared to living with one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

When I was working two of the women the the room announced they were "trying for a baby".
    Once was enough, but when other women came into the office the "news" was mentioned again.
    Yes, a few months after the births they did bring their babies into the office for approval.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Oh get over it you whinge bag.Im sure u do stuff that irritates her also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭gifted

Can't wait to see your reaction when she starts breast feeding the kid lol lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

It all reminds me of...

I won't tell you it's trivial because working with people who annoy you is far from trivial but it's summer and she's pregnant, it's probably not easy for her so cut her some slack. Pregnancy is not easy and some women suffer a lot. Be kind.

Advertisement