Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working with a pregnant woman...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Love the "you're pregnant, not sick" phrase.
    I was so sick I had to stay in hospital and lost weight, spent a few months in bed being absolutely miserable. Never again. The outcome is cute though.
    If she's in work she can't do anything right, if she's at home and getting a welfare payment instead GOD FORBID.
    Conclusion: Nobody should get pregnant, ever, because pregnant women are annoying, babies are annoying, kids are annoying and they should come on this planet being perfectly behaved adults that you can employ straight away.

Snickerdoodles for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭6541

LirW wrote: »
    I was so sick I had to stay in hospital and lost weight, spent a few months in bed being absolutely miserable. Never again. The outcome is cute though.
    If she's in work she can't do anything right, if she's at home and getting a welfare payment instead GOD FORBID.
    Conclusion: Nobody should get pregnant, ever, because pregnant women are annoying, babies are annoying, kids are annoying and they should come on this planet being perfectly behaved adults that you can employ straight away.

This is after-hours, fun, slagging etc. Am sure most of this is meant in jest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

6541 wrote: »
    This is after-hours, fun, slagging etc. Am sure most of this is meant in jest :)

You must be new here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I tried giving my 2 back to the rotunda. I claimed they were broken cos they kept crying.....they refused as it was beyond the cooling off period:eek:

It's not I'm too serious about it either.
    After having 2 of those clowns I'm not sure what sane person would voluntarily do this and why I did it twice.
    I consider it as a year long phase of brainfart :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

If she asks do you wanna feel the baby, be aware that she probably only means on the outside.

Malayalam wrote: »
    Sometimes I like to imagine what the world would be like if men grew the babies in their tummies. :) And had periods. Every month. For thirty fcuking years or more. And pushed the babies out their bummies.

:pac:

There'd probably be abortion clinics dotted around the place like lamposts.

Also obligatory "it's just a tiny pill a day".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭josip

A few months ago Conor you were extolling the Reeks from your office.
    Now you're giving out about the reeks.
    Make up your mind, which is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

maybe if you worked harder you might not be as easily distracted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Madam Oblong

The AH attitude in a nutshell. Handy thread to spot the bad 'uns though :)

smurgen wrote: »
    maybe if you worked harder you might not be as easily distracted.

You know how many tea breaks these civil servants get nowadays?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

You know how many tea breaks these civil servants get nowadays?

1 and an unpaid lunch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I tried giving my 2 back to the rotunda. I claimed they were broken cos they kept crying.....they refused as it was beyond the cooling off period:eek:

That reminds me of the time my mother brought my (then 2-week-old) brother back to Holles Street because he kept projectile vomiting. The doctors insisted that it was perfectly normal, and suggested that she was suffering from postnatal-depression and trying to "give him back". They eventually referred him to Crumlin (basically to shut her up), where he was immediately diagnosed with dehydration caused by a severe intestinal blockage, requiring immediate surgery.

He still has a scar across his stomach from the surgery. I used to tell him that he was adopted and got the scar when his real parents stabbed him. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

My mate got a vasectomy because his doesnt want kids.

But when he comes home from work they are still there.

RayM wrote: »

He still has a scar across his stomach from the surgery. I used to tell him that he was adopted and got the scar when his real parents stabbed him. :)

Classic brothering there!

My brother used to tell me I was a mistake, but I wasn't. I was a lovely surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

My mate got a vasectomy because his doesnt want kids.

But when he comes home from work they are still there.

I also read this joke on reddit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

me_irl wrote: »

It's a good joke.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭Synthol

eviltwin wrote: »
    I won't tell you it's trivial because working with people who annoy you is far from trivial but it's summer and she's pregnant, it's probably not easy for her so cut her some slack. Pregnancy is not easy and some women suffer a lot. Be kind.

She chose to get pregnant.

Yes, how dare she, please put her into quarantine for 9 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

You'd never do in my office. It's constant sighing from everyone all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Synthol wrote: »
    She chose to get pregnant.

Being a dick is also a choice. Choose not to be a dick. It makes everyone's life easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

RayM wrote: »
    That reminds me of the time my mother brought my (then 2-week-old) brother back to Holles Street because he kept projectile vomiting. The doctors insisted that it was perfectly normal, and suggested that she was suffering from postnatal-depression and trying to "give him back". They eventually referred him to Crumlin (basically to shut her up), where he was immediately diagnosed with dehydration caused by a severe intestinal blockage, requiring immediate surgery.

Jesus, harsh stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

me_irl wrote: »

We don't all read reddit.

But do have a spotters medal on behalf of humankind.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Barren ladies just usually brood (oh no he didnt) and scheme to kidnap the kid once they're born OP, you moaning old mare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

We don't all read reddit.

But do have a spotters medal on behalf of humankind.

Awww... thanks! :cool:

Give me an oul classical conditioning thank/like/upvote there.

If she asks do you wanna feel the baby, be aware that she probably only means on the outside.

Oh she has...though missed that answer! And passed on the opportunity. Worked with her for the past 12 years, we'd be friends despite the recent irritations, but think that would be a bit...too close and personal?

The others in the office were much more...matter of fact. And kept their shoes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I would be physically sick if I had to smell someone else's feet like that. Tell her to bring in slippers for work because she's grossing everyone out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

This can be interpreted in quite disturbing ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Candie wrote: »
    Classic brothering there!

My brother used to tell me I was a mistake, but I wasn't. I was a lovely surprise.

my brothers told me that I was left in the back garden one night by aliens and I had purple hair, green skin and had to have surgery to turn me white.

I knew they were only fostering me so it was completely plausible to me

Advertisement