Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Was just onto BG myself and they cant provide a shipping date.

They said i could wait or exchange the drone for something else but never offered a refund.

I have a load of extras ordered too and really dont want to cancel.

This is my first order with BG and it hasnt been a great experience so far

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Seriously lads, it's a pre order at a fantastic price. Unfortunately these things take ages to ship, try not to look at the tracking and pull all your hair out. Definitely worth the wait in the end I'm sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

hmm. do i listen to doubtful daibh or optimistically tenacious ted? I've been veering between the 2 viewpoints all week....

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

ablelocks wrote: »
    hmm. do i listen to doubtful daibh or optimistically tenacious ted? I've been veering between the 2 viewpoints all week....

Ted Ted Ted... I'm in Ted's camp..:-)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

ablelocks wrote:

Yeah, it's really how long you want to wait. Worst case scenario, you could wait til the end of June and get a refund if the stock doesn't show up. If it was me, I'd take that option. When they're released I'm guessing they'll be selling above the $500 mark. Know how you feel though, hate waiting for new stuff to arrive, hope you can get through the pain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I am willing to wait also. I think it is a bit too early to cancel (for me) and with the current pandemic etc.. I am waiting on a ton of stuff from Europe, China, and one item from Canada. I only received a handful of items in a decent timeframe. So many businesses have been affected by this that it's hard to see where the issue may lie. Shipping, production, etc..
    All that aside, the 14th of June isn't that far away anymore :D and I don't see any other offers that are currently tempting me.
    If I see a decent offer before then, then I may bite, and cancel this order, but could end up in a similar scenario.
    Until then, I am going to leave my order as it is.

tedpan wrote: »
    Yeah, it's really how long you want to wait. Worst case scenario, you could wait til the end of June and get a refund if the stock doesn't show up. If it was me, I'd take that option. When they're released I'm guessing they'll be selling above the $500 mark. Know how you feel though, hate waiting for new stuff to arrive, hope you can get through the pain!

i haven't even ordered yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭jamesd

I am going to wait too, will be a cheap drone with the discount prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭padair

jamesd wrote: »
    I am going to wait too, will be a cheap drone with the discount prize.

Is is too late to get this drone for 299m

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭banie01

padair wrote: »
    Is is too late to get this drone for 299m

Yes.
    It was a raffle offer for 1000 of the preorders placed before May 1st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭padair

banie01 wrote: »
    Yes.
    It was a raffle offer for 1000 of the preorders placed before May 1st.

Ok cool, looks like I will be saving 299 but not buying a drone :)

I will be looking out for all of the videos in June/July

padair wrote: »
    Ok cool, looks like I will be saving 299 but not buying a drone :)

that goes against both the spirit and charter of Bargain Alerts!:D

saving money by not buying? pfffh whoever heard of such a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

A few codes still work that allow you to order it for around €350 I think, which is still a great price, main issue now is the backlog/getting them. Codes are worth different values, some may not work, so you might want to check them all

BGTT10
    BGFIMICN2020
    BGHONEY10
    BGMPB2020
    BGFIMIX820Z

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭pete6296

Hi
    Seen that orders on banggood if you order now preorder is due to arrive on 10th July. Mine is due 14th June, is there now a possibility of my order pushed back till 10th July.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

pete6296 wrote: »
    Hi
    Seen that orders on banggood if you order now preorder is due to arrive on 10th July. Mine is due 14th June, is there now a possibility of my order pushed back till 10th July.

Where do you see your due date? Mine is showing out ot stock but expected shipping date 15th May- looks weird.

Sorry, I shud have said shipping date 15th June from Spain warehouse. Did yours ship on 15th

Sorry, I shud have said shipping date 15th June from Spain warehouse. Did yours ship on 15th

Ok thanks.

No it didn't ship on the 15th, it's looks strange in that it says it's out of stock, and the expected shipping date is in the past.

So to sum up, I think their shipping dates are a pile of crap.

Will you request a refund or hold on. I'm debating cancelling order and getting a mavic mini. Reckon fimi far superior to mini so will kick myself if it comes in stock. Not sure what to do

Will you request a refund or hold on. I'm debating cancelling order and getting a mavic mini. Reckon fimi far superior to mini so will kick myself if it comes in stock. Not sure what to do

Might just go for a refund, it's really just a toy for me that I could do without.

Have you considered the mavic mini?

• Advertisement

Have you considered the mavic mini?

No, was just an impulse buy after reading this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Daibheid

I went back to Bangood via email to ask for confirmation of the two week delay to end of June as they had confirmed May 15th on the 14th whereupon I ordered a heap of extras.
    They replied with some standard text advising a further delayed June 15th dispatch.
    At this rate of slippage in dispatch dates estimates of a bird in the hand by mid July are probably optimistic.
    I just looked at Bangood's own customer reviews. They normally shill the sh1te out of their products but there are only 9 reviews so there are clearly enormous backlogs and almost nothing has shipped - even direct from China.
    The photos there and elsewhere show all corners on the cartons crumpled as Bangood are shipping in just the retail carton, not even overboxed.

This is not my first drone but if I hadn't been suckered into buying the accessories I would cancel my order. Great spec/price etc is not worth it if you miss the Summer, are continually messed around by Bangood, get a drone in a damaged box, or never get it, etc.
    People posting be patient and you'll eventually get it are ignoring the reality some of us waited an additional 4 months beyond the committed ship date for a Zino 2 and then had to fight for a refund when absolutely no-one got their order.
    I'm posting this so any newbies or people getting sucked in by the spec and a discounted price can make an informed decision - it is still a lot of money.

Hi,
    Just cancelled my order on Banggood, preorder put back till mid- July.
    I have seen it is available on AliExpress and I am tempted to order and select express delivery via DHL, however I just thought of customs. Has anybody experience of ordering from AliExpress?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Thebeast078

Just cancelled my order with bangbood. I have ordered via the official fimi store on aliexpress, they have them in stock so should have it in about 2-3 weeks.

I find that stores like gearbest, bangbood, tomtop etc can never stand over the delivery dates they post especially for exclusive content on pre order.

Can you share link that you ordered from as Aliexpress seem to have so many different links?
    Did you use express delivery and did they confirm shipment with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I just got an e-mail from Banggood, one of those promo type mails, titled... and I copy/paste... Instock! Xiaomi FIMI X8 SE 2020 $409!

WTF are they playing at?

Can you share link that you ordered from as Aliexpress seem to have so many different links?
    Did you use express delivery and did they confirm shipment with you?

https://fimi.aliexpress.com/store/5063216?spm=a2g0s.9042647.0.0.65504c4dA0CKSo

I just picked standard shipping, order is being processed at the moment so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

https://fimi.aliexpress.com/store/5063216?spm=a2g0s.9042647.0.0.65504c4dA0CKSo

I just picked standard shipping, order is being processed at the moment so fingers crossed.

Thanks. Is it likely to get hit with customs on delivery? Looks like it would cost me €40 more to go with Ali Express. I'm OK with that... But if customs adds another €100 or whatever then I might wait a while longer on Banggood.

I think this will probably come into europe and be forwarded on from there. I saw some of the comments saying they did not get hit for customs so I am taking a punt and hope for the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭The Gibmiester

Daibheid wrote: »
    The photos there and elsewhere show all corners on the cartons crumpled as Bangood are shipping in just the retail carton, not even overboxed.

I recently ordered a large item from Banggood's CZ warehouse and was surprised to see that it wasn't boxed considering the price for a brand item etc. Fortunately the retail packaging sufficed, there was no damage, however, I seen later in the reviews that others weren't so lucky.

Advertisement