Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

Will the price of the Fimi X8 2019 now come down or is it discontinued already (is there a major difference between the 2 generations)?
    The Xiaomi 4K has still not come down in price

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭cuculainn

Sorry in advance for the off topic post, but i have been following thi thread for a while and am interested in getting a drone that will suit both me and my 7 year old

i dont think i can stretch to these xiaomi so wanted to get peoples opinion on the following cheaper alternatives

https://www.banggood.com/SJRC-F11-PRO-GPS-5G-Wifi-FPV-With-2K-Wide-Angle-Camera-28-Mins-Flight-Time-Brushless-Foldable-RC-Drone-Quadcopter-RTF-p-1463738.html?rmmds=category&ID=531931563353&cur_warehouse=ES

or

https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-EX3-GPS-5G-WiFi-FPV-with-2K-Camera-Optical-Flow-OLED-Switchable-Remote-Brushless-Foldable-RC-Drone-Quadcopter-RTF-p-1472967.html?rmmds=category&ID=531931&cur_warehouse=ES

both around the same price.

also are there better alternatives in that price range

thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Another code to try to get the FIMI discounted is BGFIMIX820Z

cuculainn wrote: »
    Sorry in advance for the off topic post, but i have been following thi thread for a while and am interested in getting a drone that will suit both me and my 7 year old

i dont think i can stretch to these xiaomi so wanted to get peoples opinion on the following cheaper alternatives

https://www.banggood.com/SJRC-F11-PRO-GPS-5G-Wifi-FPV-With-2K-Wide-Angle-Camera-28-Mins-Flight-Time-Brushless-Foldable-RC-Drone-Quadcopter-RTF-p-1463738.html?rmmds=category&ID=531931563353&cur_warehouse=ES

or

https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-EX3-GPS-5G-WiFi-FPV-with-2K-Camera-Optical-Flow-OLED-Switchable-Remote-Brushless-Foldable-RC-Drone-Quadcopter-RTF-p-1472967.html?rmmds=category&ID=531931&cur_warehouse=ES

thanks in advance

There are a lot more 'well known' alternatives in that price range, including drones aimed at first timers with a decent amount of functioning. That doesn't meant they are better, but should mean if anything goes wrong, you can source parts easier and for a longer time.
    An example of a better known would be the Fimi A3
    https://www.banggood.com/Xiaomi-FIMI-A3-5_8G-1KM-FPV-With-2-axis-Gimbal-1080P-Camera-GPS-RC-Drone-Quadcopter-RTF-p-1368969.html
    Code for discount: BGFIMIA3US - BGFIMIA3Q brings it down to around €200
    But you would likely be much better off asking in the new(ish) drone forum found here - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1858

Most serious drone pilots will tell you to look at the cheap cheap drones with many optional extras and modding possibilities first, especially for the first timers.
    The €200 - €1500 price range fly themselves for the most part, especially on a calm day, but for a range of reasons, it is good to learn from the ground up how to control it and actually 'fly' it etc.
    Something like this
    https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-E010-Mini-2_4G-4CH-6-Axis-Headless-Mode-RC-Drone-Quadcopter-RTF-p-1066972.html
    The reason for linking to that particular model, is that it is well known, can have mods to it and be converted to a tiny-whoop. It is also pretty sturdy and can take a bashing. For all intents and purposes it is a toy drone, but is a great learning drone.
    Don't fly it outside unless there is ZERO wind. Try not to use headless mode until you are more experienced/used to flying it.
    There are a lot of reasons not to jump into a more expensive drone straight away, things can go wrong, and it is good to know how to gain control and get it back to you without panicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Thanks for the info Suckit , the Fimi A3 is showing as Sold Out and has been for a good few weeks now so Im not sure it will be available again ?
    I am in the market for a replacement drone also , wasnt too keen on spending close to 400 euros for fear of it flying off/damaged/little use , although would be largely for my 11 year old who has had a couple of drones.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Hubsan have some decent lower end drones around the 100e mark too.

• Advertisement

Rooy wrote:
    Thanks for the info Suckit , the Fimi A3 is showing as Sold Out and has been for a good few weeks now so Im not sure it will be available again ? I am in the market for a replacement drone also , wasnt too keen on spending close to 400 euros for fear of it flying off/damaged/little use , although would be largely for my 11 year old who has had a couple of drones.

There's very little fear of crashing/damaging the Fimi/Xiaomi/DJI drones. They're all locked into GPS and have return to home features. It's difficult to understand until you fly a decent one.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭pete6296

Pre ordered from banggood to be shipped from Spain Warehouse. In on 15th June, anyone have experience of how long typically after something is in stock for it to be delivered

cuculainn wrote: »

or

thanks in advance

The Eachine model there could be pretty decentand they are fairly well known. Try code bgex3es

pete6296 wrote:
    Pre ordered from banggood to be shipped from Spain Warehouse. In on 15th June, anyone have experience of how long typically after something is in stock for it to be delivered

I don't think anyone has received delivery yet, it could be a month after the stock date but that's just a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AS1890

pete6296 wrote: »

Ordered FIMI XE 8 on April 10th with an expected dispatch date of May 15th got onto banggood chat support last night they didn't update the expected dispatch date on my order details but told me it has now moved out to June 14th I got order cancelled and got the refund this morning first time drone user so I might go for the DJI Mavic Mini fly more combo instead. The FIMI XE 8 was a serious piece of kit for the price hence why I went with it first day.

• Advertisement

AS1890 wrote: »
    Ordered FIMI XE 8 on April 10th with an expected dispatch date of May 15th got onto banggood chat support last night they didn't update the expected dispatch date on my order details but told me it has now moved out to June 14th I got order cancelled and got the refund this morning first time drone user so I might go for the DJI Mavic Mini fly more combo instead. The FIMI XE 8 was a serious piece of kit for the price hence why I went with it first day.
    Mine has been moved to June 14th too. I am not in any rush for it, as I have other drones, also I don't have a lot of time at the minute, but the good weather is definitely making it more alluring to go out and fly one.

I was on to Banggood, and will be again, not because badgering them get it any sooner, but because another agent often gives a better answer. The first agent was vague and told me it will be shipped asap, then read a script.
    I just hope it isn't a similar case to the Zino 2, where there were more orders than they expected and just never notified people - although that was a from marketplace renowned for issues like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Suckit wrote: »
    Mine has been moved to June 14th too. I am not in any rush for it, as I have other drones, also I don't have a lot of time at the minute, but the good weather is definitely making it more alluring to go out and fly one.

Mine is still showing as shipping today, but no movement yet.
    No sign of my "prize" refund as yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

banie01 wrote: »
    Mine is still showing as shipping today, but no movement yet.
    No sign of my "prize" refund as yet either.

To be fair, they’re not going to issue the prize refund until the drone has been received by the buyer, as some people are currently cancelling their orders now with the shipping period extended.

It would be a mess for them to refund the prize now, and then have someone cancel their order next week because they’re sick of waiting.

From Banggood;
    We apologize for the inconvenience caused. The item in your order "Xiaomi FIMI X8 SE 2020 8KM FPV With 3-axis Gimbal 4K Camera HDR Video GPS 35mins Flight Time RC Quadcopter RTF One Battery Version" is still restocking, due to the fact that it is highly requested. We expect the new stock of this product to arrive around June 14, 2020. Once it is back in stock, it can be shipped within next 24 to 48 hours. This restocked time is for only reference, and the specific time may be affected by some uncertain factors.

Here are the options available.
    Wait: Wait until the arrival date.
    Exchange: Change the product to another one with the same or similar price which is in stock. (We advise you choose the same category product for exchange. Please kindly note that we are not able to change the quantity of the product)

TBH, I'm already waiting on stuff from BG that has been in transit since 18/3.
    I'm cancelling and buying a watch instead ;)

NUTZZ wrote: »
    To be fair, they’re not going to issue the prize refund until the drone has been received by the buyer, as some people are currently cancelling their orders now with the shipping period extended.

It would be a mess for them to refund the prize now, and then have someone cancel their order next week because they’re sick of waiting.

In normal circumstances yes.
    But BG had the raffle on May 1st, with refunds within 10 days when the Drones weren't shipping until the 15th at the earliest.

If they write, they need to stand by doing it IMO

THey could refund the 'prize amount' to the winners, and if they then cancel, refund the difference. It wouldn't be that hard.
    They have technically bought the drone for $299 whether or not they cancel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Just received this message from BG

Thank you very much for your order from Banggood.com.

Due to the adjustment of the Spring Festival holiday, some of our logistics company partners are still in holiday, we are already processing all the orders and will ship it out once they resume to work, your order will expect to be shipped within 2 weeks. Thanks for your patiently waiting. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Daibheid

From my experience of a preorder confirmed on Wednesday to be still shipping on the 15th, latest 16th, this is looking like a rerun of the ZINO 2 for which I , like many others, waited five months before having to cancel and get my money back. After my X8 delivery date was confirmed I ordered a bag, battery, filters etc. Bangood shipped those next day and then a day past the X8 ship date announced a delay. Pure lies and a clever stunt to ship some very expensive accessories knowing they won’t be much use without the X8.
    A lot of people, especially those burned by Gearbest/ Hubsan with the ZINO 2 fiasco are cancelling X8s as few believe Bangoods new dates now. Anything you hear from Bangood support will vary by agent and bear no relation to actual shipments, their only objective is to persuade you to hang on.

FYI if you were caught up with the early bird ZINO 2 preorders, Hubsan have now offered to honour the price you bought at from Gearbest plus throw in some filters to fix the lens flare issues. You’ll need a screenshot showing your original order and cancellation from the early bird offer.
    However note Hubsan received months of complaints about their sole agent Gearbest and the ZINO 2 fiasco and completely ignored them. In fact they sold early ZINO 2s - at a higher price- to people who got them in days -months after unfulfilled loyal early bird orders were placed. This offer now is because they realized a flood of people gave up and switched to the X8. Did someone mention frying pan vs fire?
    None of these three companies is looking trustworthy right now. Be careful how you order and pay.

Daibheid wrote: »
    From my experience of a preorder confirmed on Wednesday to be still shipping on the 15th, latest 16th, this is looking like a rerun of the ZINO 2 for which I , like many others, waited five months before having to cancel and get my money back. After my X8 delivery date was confirmed I ordered a bag, battery, filters etc. Bangood shipped those next day and then a day past the X8 ship date announced a delay. Pure lies and a clever stunt to ship some very expensive accessories knowing they won’t be much use without the X8.
    A lot of people, especially those burned by Gearbest/ Hubsan with the ZINO 2 fiasco are cancelling X8s as few believe Bangoods new dates now. Anything you hear from Bangood support will vary by agent and bear no relation to actual shipments, their only objective is to persuade you to hang on.

FYI if you were caught up with the early bird ZINO 2 preorders, Hubsan have now offered to honour the price you bought at from Gearbest plus throw in some filters to fix the lens flare issues. You’ll need a screenshot showing your original order and cancellation from the early bird offer.
    However note Hubsan received months of complaints about their sole agent Gearbest and the ZINO 2 fiasco and completely ignored them. In fact they sold early ZINO 2s - at a higher price- to people who got them in days -months after unfulfilled loyal early bird orders were placed. This offer now is because they realized a flood of people gave up and switched to the X8. Did someone mention frying pan vs fire?
    None of these three companies is looking trustworthy right now. Be careful how you order and pay.
    I mentioned the Zino 2 fiasco a page or two back when my order was delayed until June 14, but I think it may be a bit early to compare the two just yet.

If we are to believe the stories of what happened on the other offer, GB had exclusivity, but Hubsan reneged on that and started shipping to other companies causing a massive backlog in delays, and GB aren't renowned for being the most trustworthy either. So there may be a lot more to it.
    There were stability issues with it upon release also, which seem to have been fixed with the firmware update.
    I for one am willing to wait and see what happens. Hopefully if a load cancel it will speed up my delivery, if not, I will eventually cancel and see what FIMI have to offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭jamesd

Got my refund this morning for the prize draw on the drone, nice to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Got Mine as well. Order status now showing as refunded. Hope the order doesn't disappear into a black hole with longer delays. Great bargain at this price after the refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭jamesd

Tweaky wrote: »
    Got Mine as well. Order status now showing as refunded. Hope the order doesn't disappear into a black hole with longer delays. Great bargain at this price after the refund.

Went onto chat, was told all the order was cancelled and I was refunded, sent the agent the refund email and told him about the competion and he aske dme to wait and then I got disconnected.

Got a 2nd agent and all is good I am told.

Yeh I received my refund for the pre-order competition too, like others, my order is no longer showing as 'processing' and instead showing up under the refunds tab. I double checked with customer support and they said all is ok and just to wait until it is restocked.

It could be a good sign that they're confident of shipping happening soon now that they have discounted the price for the winners. Honestly at the price we're getting it for now, I really don't mind waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

Just being onto BG support, it seems my order has being fully cancelled and I'll be getting a full refund as drone is out of stock, I asked can I not just wait till stock comes in, just after that message was sent I got cut off...

Edit, just got onto them again and was a bit more forceful, so my order is still there and will be delivered once stocks are in.

MorganIRL wrote: »
    Just being onto BG support, it seems my order has being fully cancelled and I'll be getting a full refund as drone is out of stock, I asked can I not just wait till stock comes in, just after that message was sent I got cut off...

Yeah, 3 times "my connection" dropped with them the other day.
    Their support and the level of blame shifting is par for the course with BG tho :(

I lost patience with them on this one tho, had quite a few bits ordered and cancelled everything not already shipped out including the Drone.

During the chat, it transpired that 2 out of 4 parcels sent in March were returned and they never updated me or re-sent the packages.
    The other 2 are still in the ether, and given no update on tracking since 18/3, likely lost.

Absolutely terrible CS experience, and I should know better at this stage but barring some unreal miraculous bargain, never again shopping BG.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

banie01 wrote: »
    Yeah, 3 times "my connection" dropped with them the other day.
    Their support and the level of blame shifting is par for the course with BG tho :(

I lost patience with them on this one tho, had quite a few bits ordered and cancelled everything not already shipped out including the Drone.

During the chat, it transpired that 2 out of 4 parcels sent in March were returned and they never updated me or re-sent the packages.
    The other 2 are still in the ether, and given no update on tracking since 18/3, likely lost.

Absolutely terrible CS experience, and I should know better at this stage but barring some unreal miraculous bargain, never again shopping BG.

I dont expect a good CS, from any of these companies. Just wanted clarification.. but I'm willing to wait, can't go anywhere to really use it plus it's my first drone so at the price point can't go wrong, just gonna be patient..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

are bangood the sole supplier for these?

ablelocks wrote: »
    are bangood the sole supplier for these?
    No. They are one of the official suppliers though, and seem to have got exclusivity on this. There are other stores, but these are their official sellers.
    This doesn't seem to be their (Banggood's) issue, it seems OOS everywhere, which wasn't the case with the Zino 2 IIRC.
    A few of the other Chinese sites have it listed as 'coming soon', and all the official sellers seem to be out of stock.

I am guessing there was a production halt during their lockdown which put them on the backfoot and the large quota - which would likely be filled in any other year, still hasn't been met. Coupled with backlog of items to be shipped etc..
    I don't mind waiting until June 14. I would have preferred to have received it by now :D, but hopefully they'll get it sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Daibheid

So I got on to Bangood to ask for an explanation on two agents separately confirming the despatch date and right after I order accessories they notify a two week delay.
    My question was not addressed, in fact they replied to the email with a note that the despatch date is now out to June 15.
    Bangood also seem to be trying to cancel/ refund orders - as happened with the ZINO 2 from Gearbest/ Hubsan when sales success suggested they might do well to withhold stock from early bird discounted buyers.
    So for me, they’re currently averaging an additional one week delay for each day past the committed date and looking increasingly like the ZINO 2 playbook is being followed here. Although there appear to be a lot more shills popping up this time round!
    Excuses shared on line are now ranging from Covid 19 to manufacturing issues.
    I do not fancy trying to deal with Bangood Customer Service if my bird arrives damaged or proves defective and extensive purchase history with them shows packaging to be minimal.
    Covid 19 was in full swing when most orders were placed so the issue is probably all the way back in manufacturing and would have been known at least six weeks before May 15.
    It also seems like no one who ordered from the ES warehouse has got a unit and any Europeans with a unit ordered it direct from China. So right now it looks like ES units probably aren’t even in a container much less enroute.
    I’m having a long look at the messaging and any further delays and while reluctant to cancel having being suckered into buying a heap of extras, I’ll be taking a long hard look at a used X8 or Mavic and maybe even back to a discounted Zino which has far superior tracking features.
    I’m also considering a ZLRC SG906 Pro Beast at less than half the price with 90% of the X8 features to fill my need for a decent folding drone which BTW could be an outstanding starter photographer drone. I’ve rarely shot in 4K anyway in the last few years and a 2axis gimbal gives excellent results unless it’s properly windy.

Advertisement