Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

tedpan wrote: »
    Should be ok, but there's a 50% chance with banggood. Based on 3 of my 6 orders getting hit.

Surely when coming from the Spanish warehouse there should be no customs. Did the shipments that you got charged customs on come from China ??

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Lanshane

I got 2 batteries for the Mi Drone from Bangood without getting stopped late last year. Got my drone from Gearbest with no customs charge also 2 years ago. I did however get hit when I ordered a spare battery from Gearbest when buying the drone.....it may be pot luck I think...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Tweaky wrote:
    Surely when coming from the Spanish warehouse there should be no customs. Did the shipments that you got charged customs on come from China ??

You'd think.. If stopped, customs request the invoice and can see you purchased from a company in China. It doesn't matter which warehouse it came from. The majority will get through I'm sure..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Tweaky wrote: »
    Banggood have an option at checkout to tick 'tariff insurance' when coming from China. That means, if it gets stopped they will refund you the tax, but not the handling fee of €10 that An Post charge, or whoever deliver it.
    When coming from EU Warehouse you should 100% not face any extra charges. If you do, argue the case that it was the EU Warehouse you purchased it from.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭steven087

Would the 2020 version be as good as a drone as say a dji phamtom 3 advanced.. As in distance and camera.. It works out like 340 euro.. Has many purchased

• Advertisement

steven087 wrote:
    Would the 2020 version be as good as a drone as say a dji phamtom 3 advanced.. As in distance and camera.. It works out like 340 euro.. Has many purchased

Better distance than a P3A, camera would be close, probably better on the Xiaomi. I would buy one but I'm broke until May!

I got on to the banggood chat last night, and asked would Spain warehouse be offering FIMI Premium care, he kinda just repeated the promotion back to me. So I asked about the US warehouse and he said they are no longer offering it either.
    Then went on to tell me that it is because they are both sold out. So I asked would Spain warehouse be getting it back in while the promotion is on, and he believed so, but he wasn't sure.
    Not sure I would wait to find out.

There is a review of it here in Russian (Video is in English)
    https://dronomania.ru/xiaomi/fimi-x8-se-2020.html

For those that don't use chrome auto translate
    https://translate.google.ie/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fdronomania.ru%2Fxiaomi%2Ffimi-x8-se-2020.html

It also mentions
    The developer clarifies that those customers who have already ordered an old
    version of the drone have priority on getting a new version of the drone, and
    that they will be contacted by the support service to discuss the relevance and
    terms of replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Oh man I'm very tempted but I was about to pull the trigger on the dji mavic mini but now i'm torn between the two. This is my first drone so its a lot of money either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

It was too good to resist for long, I'm in.

I'm used to 450 size RC helicopters that take a bit of flying. This should be a piece of piddle to fly. Great for some high level video. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

Oh man I'm very tempted but I was about to pull the trigger on the dji mavic mini but now i'm torn between the two. This is my first drone so its a lot of money either way.

I'm in the same boat. Have a cheap bug drone that is great fun but a high quality that's good value, easy to fly and can take great video has proved too tempting. Looking forward to delivery!

What accessories have people bought for the x8?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

Is the Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k still a good one to buy? Any known good deals on it? I am thinking of getting the Eachine 58 first for a bit of practice in flying before I get a proper one. I don't play computer games so i might be rubbish at controlling them

I'm used to 450 size RC helicopters that take a bit of flying. This should be a piece of piddle to fly. Great for some high level video.

It is, will be so easy to get used to..
    Debub wrote:
    Is the Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k still a good one to buy? Any known good deals on it? I am thinking of getting the Eachine 58 first for a bit of practice in flying before I get a proper one. I don't play computer games so i might be rubbish at controlling them

Not sure on the current deals, but there's no point in getting something to practice with. These things fly themselves. So simple to fly!

Can't seem to get the price down to €337 for the fimi drone, saying the coupon has hit its limit for today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Can't seem to get the price down to €337 for the fimi drone, saying the coupon has hit its limit for today?

I got that yesterday... Try again in the morning tomorrow, as early as you can. Worked for me today. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

Where are people getting their batteries for the Fimi X8? They are approx 70ish Euros on Banggood...can someone recommend a cheaper site, or is that the going rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Gonna pull the trigger on this tomorrow lads. It really is outstanding value for money.

Im gonna pick up a good quality micro SD card and a carry case

(Any good sites for a good deal on an micro SD card?)

Any other essential accessories needed for this?

Cheers lads

Gonna pull the trigger on this tomorrow lads. It really is outstanding value for money.

Cheers lads

Yes think I am gonna do the same , now have ruled out the Mavic mini due to the terrible range in the ce model. Think I'll get this, spare battery, case, as card and Gimbel cover

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Cheers lads

Buy a gimbal cover.
    There was one you could 3D print yourself, which I did, but it never fitted properly

The gimbal is fairly exposed out of the box

Mymemory.ie I picked up a 64gb SanDisk for 22e but dunno if that was a sale

I got that yesterday... Try again in the morning tomorrow, as early as you can. Worked for me today. :)

Code worked for me this morning but then I didn't pull the trigger, Having no FIMI Refresh is putting me off, May just get the fly more DJI bundle and put up with the reduced range and have piece of mind warranty wise and by having the DJI Refresh .... Ah decisions decisions

Just tried to purchase the new Fimi X8 SE now and got the error message:

The daily limit for this coupon has been reached. Please try again tomorrow.

Will try again tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Will try again tomorrow

I ordered mine about 8am this morning (despite not knowing a thing about drones!). That error was showing up around 11 IIRC.

I got that yesterday... Try again in the morning tomorrow, as early as you can. Worked for me today.

christy c wrote:
    I ordered mine about 8am this morning (despite not knowing a thing about drones!). That error was showing up around 11 IIRC.

I thought it was groundhog day :D

Just managed to order there lads using the coupon

total came to €339 including shipping insurance.

Currently looking at bags, I'm just wondering if the dimensions of the 2018 and the new 2020 fimi x8 se are the same?

Currently looking at bags, I'm just wondering if the dimensions of the 2018 and the new 2020 fimi x8 se are the same?

Yep, same dimensions. Congrats on the purchase!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭steven087

Anybody in here selling there old drone... Any type xiaomi fimi or dji... Looking to buy

steven087 wrote: »
    Anybody in here selling there old drone... Any type xiaomi fimi or dji... Looking to buy
    There should be a few on adverts
    https://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/photography/other-photography/51

I think shefwedfan has one for sale.

The fimi drone seems to be a fairly small drone (compared to the MiDrone). Are people using it in any kind of wind at all? I get the impression the MiDrone would be much superior for our Irish weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭JimFin

I'm having a bit of a problem this eve with this drone. Last time I used it three weeks ago all was fine but this eve every time I try to turn on USB tethering is firstly won't turn on and so if you unplug the cable and reconnect, usb tethering will turn on but the phone immediately reboots. Have been at this all eve and made no progress with it. All latest updates etc installed. I have tried other advice on this thread to turn on USB tethering before starting the app but it won't allow me turn it on without being connected.

The phone is a Samsung S10 that is up to date also. I'm running out of ideas and was going to uninstall the app off the phone and re-install but I 'm concerned that it will loose all the flight history data or require logins and passwords that I have no clue what they are!

Anyone got any suggestions on either solving the original problem or advice on doing an app reinstall??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I pulled the trigger on the 2020 FIMI X8 this morning, the code worked at 8am and came to €338 with shipping insurance.

It seems like too much bang for buck to pass up at this price, looking forward to getting my hands on it next month hopefully!

Advertisement