Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

Thinking of pulling the trigger on this. I got a 10% off coupon from Banggood, but can't apply it as it's currently on promotion until tomorrow night. So when it goes off promotion and I apply the 10%, I should be able to get it for €360

To avoid customs, is it better to send to Parcel Motel? Or just use the 'European Direct mail' option and hope for the best?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

flanzer wrote:
    To avoid customs, is it better to send to Parcel Motel? Or just use the 'European Direct mail' option and hope for the best?

I'm not sure you can ship to parcel motel. It's a bit hit and miss, the majority got through with no additional charges although there's always a small risk. Let us know how you get on anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭RonTon

EireCelt wrote: »

Leaving from 2 different addresses maybe , different duty depending where originally exported from

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Mackzee

Throw up any links to black Friday deals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭RonTon

€352 at moment
    https://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_1315310.html

I followed link on an email , change to HK dispach

Don’t know why the link is showing different price than I got few min ago ,sry

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Cagier

Hi all. Just looking for a bit of advice. I made contact with some branches when starting out my Xiaomi Mi 4K and although the drone was working fine I decided to replace a couple of the motors to be on the safe side as one of them was missing a clip after the incident.

Anyway, I got 2 x CCW motors from GearBest and got a local repair tech to replace them for me. He hadn't worked with this model drone before but did a good job disassembling, replacing and reassembling. Unfortunately, although marked as CCW (Counter-Clockwise) the two new motors now turn CW (clockwise) so I have 4 motors spinning in the same direction and the drone won't take off.

I was on to GearBest and they offered a refund but I will have to pay for the drone to be disassembled and reassembled again. As they are marked as the correct motor (<<<) it is unlikely that they produced a faulty batch where they spin in the wrong direction. However, the engineer is adamant that he soldered back the the new motors with exactly the same wiring as the ones that he took out and got a bit indignant when I implied that maybe he didn't.

My gut feeling is that it is just a wiring issue and I know we can probably just reverse a couple of wires and it should work but running a CW motor in reverse is not necessarily the same thing as running a CCW motor in the correct direction. Maybe BangGood have a different wiring colour standard to the stock motor but that seems unlikely too. The engineer is also convincing that the wiring is the same as the original so I'm a bit confused at this stage. (Maybe I shoudl find someone else to open it and check what was done but it was hard to find someone in Southside Dublin who could work on this model.) I could probably open it myself as I'm fairly tech handy but didn't necessarily have all the tools and very stuck for time these days and this is going to take a few hours as it will be the first time.

So, just looking for some feedback before I decide what to do next. It'll probably cost me another 50 euro to get it opened and rewired. I haven't had a working drone since September so getting a bit frustrated. GearBest tech support have not been very helpful and the back and forth has been very time consuming...

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 spiller9020

If you were brave enough to attempt to disassemble it yourself you might be able to see who is at fault, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGLKi08rW7w

Two motors should be wired Yellow,Black and Red while the other two should be wired Black Yellow and Red. By alternating Yellow and Black wire gives you direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 spiller9020

Motor wire configuration seen in below pic, Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Cagier

If you were brave enough to attempt to disassemble it yourself you might be able to see who is at fault, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGLKi08rW7w

Two motors should be wired Yellow,Black and Red while the other two should be wired Black Yellow and Red. By alternating Yellow and Black wire gives you direction.

Thanks for the advice and the link. I'll check out the tools required and see if I might have a bash myself over a few nights...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Looks like I’m joining the club! I’ve been hankering after a mavic for ages but decided to test the water with this first to make sure I will actually use it.

In terms of a second battery, is HK/China and most likely a customs charge the only option for getting one? I didn’t want to order it along with the drone in case it increased the risk of getting stung!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Mackzee

Looks like I’m joining the club! I’ve been hankering after a mavic for ages but decided to test the water with this first to make sure I will actually use it.

In terms of a second battery, is HK/China and most likely a customs charge the only option for getting one? I didn’t want to order it along with the drone in case it increased the risk of getting stung!

Where are you buying the drone from?

Mackzee wrote: »
    Where are you buying the drone from?

Here. It was about €360 earlier.

https://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_1315310.html?wid=1349303

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I wonder will these reduce in price next week?

I wonder will these reduce in price next week?

Maybe, the cheapest I've seen them was 330e, although that was around 12 months ago..

Got my dispatch email for the extra battery yesterday and for the drone today. Let’s hope for a Black Friday volume of parcels letting them slip through!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Not Xioami but I got a DJI Mavic Air Flymore Combo on Amazon Warehouse yesterday for 670 euro in new condition. The same combo is 1100 in Harvey Norman after their discount.

Chavways wrote:
    Not Xioami but I got a DJI Mavic Air Flymore Combo on Amazon Warehouse yesterday for 670 euro in new condition. The same combo is 1100 in Harvey Norman after their discount.

Had a look at the links, could find them lower than 780e?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

tedpan wrote: »
    Had a look at the links, could find them lower than 780e?

20% discount applied at checkout. So it won't show up when you browse the list.

Damaged mine recently, so on the lookout for a replacement. Fingers crossed for a decent Black Friday drop in price (I believe black friday is this friday coming, the 23rd?).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

Damaged mine recently, so on the lookout for a replacement. Fingers crossed for a decent Black Friday drop in price (I believe black friday is this friday coming, the 23rd?).

Yep 23rd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Looking to buy one of these.....again not for me but asked to pick up one

Just wondering is this good alternative?

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Hubsan-H117S-Zino-WIFI-FPV-Foldable-RC-Drone-RTF-White-405106.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Where's the black get deals guys ???

Tedpan..make one happen ;)

Shefwedfan wrote: »

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Hubsan-H117S-Zino-WIFI-FPV-Foldable-RC-Drone-RTF-White-405106.html

Looks interesting although the drone and controller are definitely not to the build quality of the Xiaomi or DJI. Much smaller than the mi drone and more portable. I'll have to watch some reviews :)

Where's the black get deals guys ???

Tedpan..make one happen

:D The Mi Drone is 356e on gearbest. Can't find it cheaper anywhere else at the mo..

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭11James11

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Xiaomi have a new drone out like that one ,a good bit cheaper but not sure on how good it is gearbest link

11James11 wrote:
    Xiaomi have a new drone out like that one ,a good bit cheaper but not sure on how good it is

There are a few short clips on YouTube, looks very similar to the original mi drone and flies very well. The range is definitely limited although it's great if you're on a budget. Not released yet so it will probably be after Christmas for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭ozmo

11James11 wrote: »
    Xiaomi have a new drone out like that one ,a good bit cheaper but not sure on how good it is gearbest link

Impressive - I wouldnt expect much quality with it being 1080p and coming with a Screen and all for $260 - but could be a great entry level drone.

25 minutes flight time, GPS and a ability to control stuff remotely sound very good for the price...

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »
    Impressive - I wouldnt expect much quality with it being 1080p and coming with a Screen and all for $260 - but could be a great entry level drone.

25 minutes flight time, GPS and a ability to control stuff remotely sound very good for the price...

Doesntreally say if you can buy replacement battery

• Advertisement

This drone is for a 10 year old, now he has flew the Mi Drone with me when I borrowed but he wouldn't have a phone, knowing him once he gets the drone he will be asking for a phone.

The 25 mins flight and then potentially a 2-3 hour charge time would be an issue

Advertisement