Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

Okay, so here is my Mavic Air footage, editing using the DJI go 4 app. As you can see I am badly in need of skills of editing and fiddling with the colour to make things look "right". I see the video is giving an error again, no idea why it's currently on youtube playing fine. Also the reason the footage is fuzzy, is this is the phones view, the mavic itself captures the footage it amazing detail - I just have zero idea how to edit on my "old" pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Cagier

This morning there was a good news story about drones capturing evidence of archaeological findings during the dry weather. This kind of thing is great for the hobby.

So it is such a pity that one or two feckin eejits then flew drones around Bray today causing the grounding of the Air Corps Operations in the area and get everyone tarred with the same brush. Those of us who bothered to register with the IAA would have received the notice last week warning against doing this exact thing during firefighting operations and this is exactly the sort of stupid behaviour that will get drones regulated out of existence in Ireland. It will only take one bandwagon politician to put forward legislation to ban them completely purely based on the reckless actions of a few idiots. I would gladly report anyone I saw doing this and hope that they are never allowed fly again. Maybe I'm just over-reacting but this makes me really angry! :mad:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Cagier wrote: »
    This morning there was a good news story about drones capturing evidence of archaeological findings during the dry weather. This kind of thing is great for the hobby.

So it is such a pity that one or two feckin eejits then flew drones around Bray today causing the grounding of the Air Corps Operations in the area and get everyone tarred with the same brush. Those of us who bothered to register with the IAA would have received the notice last week warning against doing this exact thing during firefighting operations and this is exactly the sort of stupid behaviour that will get drones regulated out of existence in Ireland. It will only take one bandwagon politician to put forward legislation to ban them completely purely based on the reckless actions of a few idiots. I would gladly report anyone I saw doing this and hope that they are never allowed fly again. Maybe I'm just over-reacting but this makes me really angry! :mad:
    Not an over reaction at all, I 100% agree with you. Before I even had my drone in the air for the first time I paid my fiver to register and took a good read of the IAA's guidelines. I then checked local maps for nearby airfields etc. If the IAA get a headline prosecution, then maybe it will curb some of the muppets.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

I got my Mavic Pro out after a few months of not using it. Installed a pending update but now the real time image transmission to the phone is terribly slow. Makes it impossible to fly / capture footage.

Anyone experience this?

doylefe wrote: »
    I got my Mavic Pro out after a few months of not using it. Installed a pending update but now the real time image transmission to the phone is terribly slow. Makes it impossible to fly / capture footage.

Anyone experience this?

Sorry I can't help with your issue, but this thread is really derailed now. A bargain thread for Xiaomi drones is the place we're looking for DJI tech support. No dis to the poster - I would have posted here too in the same situation because this is where the eyeballs are.

We have a mustard forum which hasn't had a post in nearly 4 months. I suspect a drone forum would be pretty busy. Tedpan for moderator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭ozmo

...Installed a pending update but now the real time image transmission to the phone is terribly slow...

Maybe best not to install updates.. or at least checking online for anyone who had issues. Dunno - If its working why fix it?

You can roll back to a previous firmware or two using DJIs Assistant - available on their website for those who have issues.

Also - it might be just that time of year - the leaves on the trees do affect the signal quality a lot.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

Sorry I can't help with your issue, but this thread is really derailed now. A bargain thread for Xiaomi drones is the place we're looking for DJI tech support. No dis to the poster - I would have posted here too in the same situation because this is where the eyeballs are.

We have a mustard forum which hasn't had a post in nearly 4 months. I suspect a drone forum would be pretty busy. Tedpan for moderator.

We have one, models.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

ozmo wrote: »
    Maybe best not to install updates.. or at least checking online for anyone who had issues. Dunno - If its working why fix it?

Because it prevents you from flying without updating, but thanks for the condescension.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

:) Cheers! I do agree with the bargain thread getting a bit out of control, although as this hobby grows this is probably the best place to post if you have questions or issues related to droning.

I'm on hols at the moment, back in a few days. Maybe we can discuss options as the models forum is hardly looked at. Feel free to post ideas in the meantime :)

Because it prevents you from flying without updating, but thanks for the condescension.

I’m not sure what one you have - I do get a warning there’s an update alright - but it’s never prevented me from flying any of my DJI drones..

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Anyone experience this?

My mavic upgrade failed, resulting in a dead controller which is in the NL as we speak with dji to be sorted under warranty.

Lucky for me in a way that it happened in July, as warranty would have ran out in Aug.

Still wishing I had of ignored the update request though.

Batteries are €71.33 on Gearbest at the moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 spiller9020

Xiaomi mi 4k drone now 397 euro on gearbest, Link below:
    https://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_363299.html?wid=1433363 ;
    Also Gearbest phone app is pricing it at 380 euro, might be of interest to someone.

New Mavic Pro 2 details were leaked by Argos... (oops)

Battery life of 31 minutes looks great - as well as rear sensors and a better camera.
    Says 8KM distance - but can that be correct in the EU zone?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-45005880

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭manofthefora

Also Gearbest phone app is pricing it at 380 euro, might be of interest to someone.

Is it possible to ensure that an order for this drone from Gearbest is shipped from within the EU?
    Apologies if already asked but too many pages to read thru' !!!
    MOTF

Is it possible to ensure that an order for this drone from Gearbest is shipped from within the EU?
    Apologies if already asked but too many pages to read thru' !!!
    MOTF
    Took a look at most of the popular websites (banggood, tomtop, gearbest, geekbuying) that sell this drone and unfortunately none are being shipped from EU warehouses at the moment.

My latest video capture using the impressive Xiaomi Mi 4k drone, still cant get over how good the video footage comes out!! 

My latest video capture using the impressive Xiaomi Mi 4k drone, still cant get over how good the video footage comes out!!

Unreal footage, thanks for sharing in 4k too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Whats the flight time like with the battery it comes with?

aaakev wrote:

Averages 22 mins for mine

• Advertisement

tedpan wrote: »
    aaakev wrote:

Averages 22 mins for mine
    Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Not bad, been thinking of getting one for a while but dont know will it get used enough to justify it

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Lanshane

Just a question on batteries for this drone folks. Have any of ye found the batteries self depleting over a short period of time? Let's say I leave my battery disconnected and fully charged for a week. When I come back it may now be at 80% charge. Both my batteries appear to lose charge at that rate. Bit annoying.

Lanshane wrote:
    Just a question on batteries for this drone folks. Have any of ye found the batteries self depleting over a short period of time? Let's say I leave my battery disconnected and fully charged for a week. When I come back it may now be at 80% charge. Both my batteries appear to lose charge at that rate. Bit annoying.

Yep, same here. I just charge them up a day or two prior to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

Lanshane wrote: »

Not sure where I read it but they are ment to do this as apparently these battery cycles will shorten if they are left either under charged or fully charged.

satstheway wrote:
    Not sure where I read it but they are ment to do this as apparently these battery cycles will shorten if they are left either under charged or fully charged.

Yep, think it's totally normal, good to bear in mind though, charge 48 hours prior to using :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

satstheway wrote: »

Every battery in the World has that issue

Even in electric cars you are told to leave at 50% if not driving for a long time

My wife got me a Mavic Air for my birthday, she knows me so well!

Anyway here's a clip from an hour ago at Mornington beach, flying slightly too close to seagulls!

It's a pleasure to fly, but drifts more than the Xiaomi when you let go of the sticks and is definitely not as fast, even in Sport mode.

Don't worry, I'm still a Xiaomi Fanboy! Now I have a drone to bring on holidays :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

@tedpan

I made a mavic air forum for when you feel like cheating on the beloved Xaomi :p

• Advertisement

jogdish wrote:
    I made a mavic air forum for when you feel like cheating on the beloved Xaomi

Haha! Cheers man I'll take a look!

Advertisement