Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

18 people convicted sexual exploitation Newcastle

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Where is the outrage from women particularly from England?

Its scary that they seemed more obsessed with Trump then whats happening on their own doorstep.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Where is the outrage from women particularly from England?

Its scary that they seemed more obsessed with Trump then whats happening on their own doorstep.

Yes it's all women's fault that this is happening. If only they would express more outrage people would definitely listen to them wouldn't they? I'm not so sure given that one woman has lost her job as a result of speaking out and naming the problem. Men don't seem to have to the same problem, at least one police commissioner also said the same as Sarah champion and is yet to be fired.

Besides, go on to the likes of mumsnet, plenty of women on there are outraged. Why are you singling out women when plenty of men don't care or try to shut down discussion? Or are you just using it as an excuse to have another go at the feminists?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Spider Web

Ah they didn't say it's all women's fault to be fair.

They could have worded it better in my opinion but I think they mean women's groups who seem to get more bent out of shape over trivial matters in comparison. And I know they can get bothered by more than one thing, but feminist groups just don't seem to be kicking up a fuss from what I can see. As a woman I find it very frustrating when women are all over Twitter regarding, say, that veteran scientist saying jokingly "Women at work get too emotional and you risk falling in love with them too" (paraphrasing but that was the gist) and not this. Maybe they are kicking up a fuss however and it's not news.

I agree with you too though that there are still plenty of women expressing horror at this atrocity - it's just not as apparent from well known ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Spider Web wrote: »
    Ah they didn't say it's all women's fault to be fair.

They could have worded it better in my opinion but I think they mean women's groups who seem to get more bent out of shape over trivial matters in comparison. And I know they can get bothered by more than one thing, but feminist groups just don't seem to be kicking up a fuss from what I can see. As a woman I find it very frustrating when women are all over Twitter regarding, say, that veteran scientist saying jokingly "Women at work get too emotional and you risk falling in love with them too" (paraphrasing but that was the gist) and not this. Maybe they are kicking up a fuss however and it's not news.

I agree with you too though that there are still plenty of women expressing horror at this atrocity - it's just not as apparent from well known ones.

A climate has been created where speaking out about these issues results in being blacklisted, harassed by online trolls, "no platformed" and even losing your job. There aren't many well known men speaking out about it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,027 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Kivaro wrote: »
    But it is not just the Far Left though, which is the troubling part.

it is just the far left.
    How many from the Liberal & Feminist branches of Labor are actively engaged to keep these stories quiet

nobody from the liberal branch, and the feminist branch would be part of the far left.
    we are not suppose to talk about it and if we do ask questions then we are racists.

one can talk about it away as long as they provide proof for the claims. the only time talking about this issue will be racist is if one is using it for an anti-muslim/anti-brown agenda.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Yes it's all women's fault that this is happening. If only they would express more outrage people would definitely listen to them wouldn't they? I'm not so sure given that one woman has lost her job as a result of speaking out and naming the problem. Men don't seem to have to the same problem, at least one police commissioner also said the same as Sarah champion and is yet to be fired.

Besides, go on to the likes of mumsnet, plenty of women on there are outraged. Why are you singling out women when plenty of men don't care or try to shut down discussion? Or are you just using it as an excuse to have another go at the feminists?

No and yes,

No im not blaming "every" woman, dont be stupid. Th e vast majority would be outraged.

Yes im that they're "some" of the important ones who look to see themselves revolution types who are turning a clear blind eye to it

Advertisement