Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meetup Poll and signup

Options
14567810»

Comments

I did like the gurteen idea too but all me cousins would be like "wtf is she doing here".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I did like the gurteen idea too but all me cousins would be like "wtf is she doing here".

i was going to measuure up a house in Gurteen so i had to meet someone 9am at the coleman cener on a aturday morning
    o i'm stopped parked up outside for 5 minutes
    the amount of stares you get from people is freaky

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Jaysus, lads. I was always a big fan of Carrick but it's years since I've been there - has it gone downhill that much?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Tigger wrote: »
    i was going to measuure up a house in Gurteen so i had to meet someone 9am at the coleman cener on a aturday morning
    o i'm stopped parked up outside for 5 minutes
    the amount of stares you get from people is freaky

Probably just you Tiglet

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

crosstownk wrote: »
    Jaysus, lads. I was always a big fan of Carrick but it's years since I've been there - has it gone downhill that much?

At least there are no wolves roving the streets....yet.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Was it The Swinging Donkey when you went?

Nah its fairly popular, one of the top hen and stag towns in Ireland actually. I'm not a fan of clubbing and its all my age group want to do so I have negative associations with going to Carrick :D Its my local big town

Am easy though, honestly. I have a job now too so I can actually fund travelling!

Pter wrote: »
    At least there are no wolves roving the streets....yet.....

There was a nice chap named Anders who used to breed White Timber Wolves not too far from me, he had them like dogs round the house

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Wow.....sounds dangerous? If they arent dangerous then we have greatly misnamed the antagonists of our games.

They would be usually, he had his very well trained however.

Uriel. wrote: »
    Probably just you Tiglet

well a 18 stone man middleaged man in a tiny mx5 in the rain with the roof down playing 80's ballads on the x-plode setting (all the bass) shouldnt attract attention
    its the small town attitude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I've been to 2 hen weekends in Carrick. The amount of sleeze in that big hotel/club in the middle of the town was just disgusting. Groping all over the place no matter how many death stares I gave the men.
    And the state of the streets after the club was just gross. Worse than Temple Bar on the worst Saturday night.

Also I got lost on the way down there from Belfast. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mollyb60 wrote:
    I've been to 2 hen weekends in Carrick. The amount of sleeze in that big hotel/club in the middle of the town was just disgusting. Groping all over the place no matter how many death stares I gave the men. And the state of the streets after the club was just gross. Worse than Temple Bar on the worst Saturday night.

I don't get the attraction from the rest of the country for a hen/Stag weekend in Carrick of all places. I don't mind the town on the odd occasion (haven't been in about 4 years now) but there aren't a huge variety of pubs and agreed on club. Hate it (although I hate clubs in general anyways)

Give me Westport for a stag do if you're going to the west. Brilliant town and savage craic.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I've been to 2 hen weekends in Carrick. The amount of sleeze in that big hotel/club in the middle of the town was just disgusting. Groping all over the place no matter how many death stares I gave the men.
    And the state of the streets after the club was just gross. Worse than Temple Bar on the worst Saturday night.

Also I got lost on the way down there from Belfast. :rolleyes:

yeah its a ****hole these daYS

Necrominus wrote: »
    I don't get the attraction from the rest of the country for a hen/Stag weekend in Carrick of all places. I don't mind the town on the odd occasion (haven't been in about 4 years now) but there aren't a huge variety of pubs and agreed on club. Hate it (although I hate clubs in general anyways)

Give me Westport for a stag do if you're going to the west. Brilliant town and savage craic.

i did the floors in all the cool places in westport
    i love westport all the owners know me

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

i did the floors in all the cool places in westport
    i love westport all the owners know me

It's a really great town for a night or two away alright.

Cosy's and the clocktower (I think it's called that) are my fave places.

Was it The Swinging Donkey when you went?

Nah its fairly popular, one of the top hen and stag towns in Ireland actually. I'm not a fan of clubbing and its all my age group want to do so I have negative associations with going to Carrick :D Its my local big town

Am easy though, honestly. I have a job now too so I can actually fund travelling!

I drank many a pint in The Oarsman. I'm not into night clubs really - I prefer to sit and yap. If i want loud music then I'll find a live band that do classic rock.

I drank many a pint in The Oarsman. I'm not into night clubs really - I prefer to sit and yap. If i want loud music then I'll find a live band that do classic rock.

i thought you were gonna say if i want loud music i'll play it

i thought you were gonna say if i want loud music i'll play it

I can do that too - if the bar supply me free booze and brown envelope at the end of the night. ;)

I can do that too - if the bar supply me free booze and brown envelope at the end of the night. ;)

its all free craft beer and bitcoin these days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

• Advertisement
Advertisement