Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE`s autumn schedule 2017

Options
  • 07-08-2017 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Any idea when will it be announced ? I believe tv & radio are being announced jointly as Jim Jennings is now head of content ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

End of the month I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Any idea when will it be announced ? I believe tv & radio are being announced jointly as Jim Jennings is now head of content ?

Jim Jennings will become Head of Content in October, unless they are planning to announce their new executive board in full.

Really very little for them to announce.

The Late Late Show
    Today, Nationwide, Six One, Prime Time, Claire Byrne, TWIP
    Ray D'Arcy
    First Dates
    Monday Night Documentaries on ONE
    Cutting Edge
    Social Documentaries with those popular presenters on 2
    A new comedy with Alison Spittle

Dancing With The Stars
    Striking Out
    Rebellion 2
    Room to Improve
    Say Yes To The Dress

With the possible second series of Can't Cope Won't Cope

It will be thread bare TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,144 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Really looking forward to seeing the likes of Kathryn Thomas, Miriam, D'arcy etc all lined up tellig us about the exciting shows to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,299 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It generally ranges from about the 12th to the 22nd!

Ray D'Arcy show is back the 23rd of September!

• Advertisement

Ray D'Arcy show is back the 23rd of September!

Normal for the Saturday night chat show.

2 episodes of Up For The Match in September

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭School Socks

It looks like all the surprises will be in radio this year, the mystery train with John Kelly is returning to the airwaves 11 years after it was axed and rumour is Rick O Shea will be transferring to Lyric.

It looks like all the surprises will be in radio this year, the mystery train with John Kelly is returning to the airwaves 11 years after it was axed and rumour is Rick O Shea will be transferring to Lyric.

I don't really understand this idea of moving former 2fm DJs to lyric, why not have them move to digital radio with crossovers to the main services

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭School Socks

Elmo wrote: »
    I don't really understand this idea of moving former 2fm DJs to lyric, why not have them move to digital radio with crossovers to the main services

Presumably because the digital stations aren't bringing in any kind of income and their listenership isn't measured afaik. You are right tho, it is bizarre having Marty Whelan for example who knows absolutely nothing about classical music on Lyric.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

I like Marty, he play's good music in the morning and some of his jokes are a laugh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭iseegirls

TV3's autumn schedule launch is on 30th August.
    Can't find anything for RTE and TG4's autumn launch dates.

iseegirls wrote: »
    TV3's autumn schedule launch is on 30th August.
    Can't find anything for RTE and TG4's autumn launch dates.

I remember in the past I was searching for dates and one afternoon it just appeared!

I remember in the past I was searching for dates and one afternoon it just appeared!

TV3 are keeping it to the end of August last few years before it was around now.

RTE usually announce mid-august usual either just before or just after the Rose of Tralee.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭brick man

Elmo wrote:
    RTE usually announce mid-august usual either just before or just after the Rose of Tralee.

According to an article in the Irish Independent today about Miriam o Callaghan going to Portugal on her Holidays and missing RTE Autumn schedule launch on 24th of August . That's the latest I can remember for quite a while .

Can we change this to Irish TV Autumn Schedules 2017 (RTE, TV3, TG4).

TV3 are going with a female presenter for Tonight, and a new format, with the news Ivan Yates is moving to drive time on Newstalk.
    RTE2 are going with Senior Moments for 3 more eps.
    RTE ONE have Brendan Courtney looking at the housing crisis.
    TG4 have Pro14 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

RTÉ have Celebrity OT coming back for another season in the autumn.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2017/0731/894193-operation-transformation/

3 part sit-com The School to air at Christmas, you'd wonder why they don't make it a feature.

Daniel and Majella to feature on episode of Room to Improve.
    Franc to host Say yes to the dress.

Raised by the Village, 2 teens sent to the country from Limerick city to change their bad ways.

• Advertisement

should be axed 14 series, absolute nonsense, made way for a much better religious programme Would You Believe, which still manages to carve out a good documentary or two.

Another season of Eamon And Bridget

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭brick man

Life N Style is mentioned to start on RTE One in September

brick man wrote: »
    Life N Style is mentioned to start on RTE One in September

What is this? uH teleshopping if they announce that I'll be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

There is a new documentary from Hugh Bonneville called Countdown to Calvary which is to be broadcast on RTÉ in Easter 2018.

https://www.rte.ie/about/en/press-office/press-releases/2017/0822/899161-hugh-bonneville-to-front-documentary-as-part-of-rtes-new-season/

The documentary will be shot in 4K. Pity; there is no RTÉ channel in 4K. At least HD will do for us on regular TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Radio_Fan_738

Elmo wrote: »
    Another season of Eamon And Bridget

stopped being funny after the second or third sketch on the rep of telly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Is can't cope won't cope renewed?

Is can't cope won't cope renewed?

Yes as is Striking Out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭political analyst

I read in The Sunday Times on 9 April that there will be an RTÉ adaptation of Stuart Neville's novel "Ratlines" next year.

• Advertisement

I read in The Sunday Times on 9 April that there will be an RTÉ adaptation of Stuart Neville's novel "Ratlines" next year.

Could be wrong but I think almost all of this seasons Drama on RTÉ ONE will start in the New Year. RTÉ pretty much went into hibernation for 2017.

Advertisement