Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would happen if suddenly there was no USA

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,321 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Manach wrote: »
    The SciFi Author John Birmingham had this as the premise of his Without waring series. The outcome was widespread war and civil unrest as the rest of the World reacted to this, as well as the elements of the US army overseas attempting to restore the US.

Never heard of him, just looked him up. Would have freaked me out if aliens were involved.

Anyway the reason I posed the question is because my dad has been getting on my wick of late (well, ever more so than usual) because he never shuts up about America dropping bombs on counties. Like he just spontaneously goes on a rant and says things like 'why can't North Korea have nuclear weapons if America can have them'. We should never have gotten him that satellite dish cause I'm been told he watches RT NEWS late at night. There's not talking to him because when he talks I shut up and listen and that's how it always will be. Their's no point in telling him he's living in an echo chamber as he wouldn't have a clue what that means, not that I particularly care for that trendy expression.

So I just thought today what the hell does he want. Would he prefer there was no USA or more realistically the US withdrew from the world stage never to interfere in foreign affairs ever again. That doesn't bear thinking about for me, god only knows what would happen with Putin in power indefinitely not to mention communist China and how all that will develop over the years. I don't think my dad knows what communism is actually. Certainly won't hear talk about it on RT News that's for sure.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If every american was abducted then the all the legal and illegal immigrants would take over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭jeanjolie

Revival of the Native Americans, Season 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

The Queen of England would rule the world!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

China would step in and make almost identical geopolitical moves until they too get abducted

• Registered Users Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Global IQ increases exponentially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭franklyon

Israel wouldn't last a week, Arab countries would form a coalition to invade and massive genocide would ensue, those who can escape flee to Europe.

Europe would quickly become more integrated to protect against renewed Russian aggression in the Baltic states.

The former states would be divided up into 3 pieces, to the south Mexico to the North Canada and the Midwest by native Americans.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Interesting scenario...does the world know that an alien civilization is involved?

If they knew, there'd be an initial phase of rallying together against the new "common enemy" (humanity loves common enemies) like we've seen in countless Sci-Fi Alien Armageddon stories; Soon enough, a handful of countries would go behind everyone's back and try to strike a deal with the alien civilization in exchange of safety / technology / armaments / knowledge / whatever. Global war ensues, the aliens quickly realize Earth and humanity aren't worth their time, drop the Americans back to the planet and warp away to the sixth moon of the 4th planet orbiting Nu Ophiuchi, renowned holiday spot with its crystalline methane oceans.

If they didn't know about the aliens, Earthlings would initially be shocked, then would quickly start to realize how most of our technology, information and economy is either American-researched or American-dependent; Economic collapse would ensue, billions of people reduced to misery quickly followed by global conflict on un unprecedented scale in order to seize control of any intelligence, technology and wealth left behind by the USA.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

The simple minded would need to find a new scape goat for all the worlds ills and conspiracies about international banking would need a big overhaul.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Is that result influenced by online users?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Ireland has the lowest average IQs in western Europe by most measures and some of the lowest in the developed world.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

franklyon wrote: »
    Israel wouldn't last a week, Arab countries would form a coalition to invade and massive genocide would ensue,

Doubt it ,they beat the all already

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Id be mourning those pink wafers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

https://www.thestar.com/life/2012/12/19/iq_a_myth_study_says.html#

To judge someones intelligence just by this is ridiculous. There is lot of crazy and naive, irrational people who would ace an IQ test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Cubik

We would miss it hugely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,321 ✭✭✭AllForIt

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    Interesting scenario...does the world know that an alien civilization is involved?

If they didn't know about the aliens, Earthlings would initially be shocked, then would quickly start to realize how most of our technology, information and economy is either American-researched or American-dependent; Economic collapse would ensue, billions of people reduced to misery quickly followed by global conflict on un unprecedented scale in order to seize control of any intelligence, technology and wealth left behind by the USA.

Yes, no one knows how it happened. Russia's space exploration including it's space observation technology has been dismantled due to a deep economic recession as a result of failed Putinism. Same in UK due to Brexit. All data on all computer systems including NASA systems has been irretrievably wiped due to a huge magnetic surge caused when all the Americans were beamed up, leaving all their technology completely unusable. A nerdy armature sky watcher in Canada claims to have spotted something unusual through his telescope but it was later debunked and proven to just be a bitta bird poo on his telescope lens. Anyway it all happen in the blink of an eye such that if anything was detected no one could tell what it was.
    China would step in and make almost identical geopolitical moves until they too get abducted

No. Aliens only abduct Americans. Besides the ship can only hold half a billion people.

Ireland has the lowest average IQs in western Europe by most measures and some of the lowest in the developed world.

You serious?

It must explain that "fecking" accent you hear. Also probably explains perfectly why this country has failed to develop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Den14

Too many years of inbreeding

Africa would be overpopulated...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭FraR

It would be interesting to see how Irish history post 1840 panned out. Where would the million or so Irish immigrants from the famine era went?

Den14 wrote: »
    Too many years of inbreeding

Is that why we have some many people with Down Syndrome?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭FraR

Okay, the median American has a higher IQ than the median Irish person.

And what?
    When the Binet-Simon Scale was brought to the United States, it generated considerable interest. Stanford University psychologist Lewis Terman took Binet's original test and standardized it using a sample of American participants. This adapted test, first published in 1916, was called the Stanford-Binet Intelligence Scale and soon became the standard intelligence test used in the U.S.

I would expect Americans to do better in an intelligence test created in America, for Americans, and by someone culturally American, than an Irish person.

I don't believe in IQ tests anyway. My IQ went from 103 to 140-145 in a span of 3 years and one of the major differences was that I stopped thinking primarily in Irish and started thinking primarily in English between those years. My IQ test result when applying for secondary school was 103. 8 points lower and I would have attended remedial classes throughout secondary and been tossed aside. By my junior cert I was up 40 points. It wasn't that I'd become much more intelligent. It was just that my language skills increased a lot and so did my ability to do well in exams were you really need to understand and deal with questions quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Gatling wrote: »
    franklyon wrote: »
    Israel wouldn't last a week, Arab countries would form a coalition to invade and massive genocide would ensue,

Doubt it ,they beat the all already
    Yeah how did they manage that, do you remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,296 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

AllForIt wrote: »
    That would leave Russia and China as the two remaining superpowers. What would happen - would the world be better or worse off ?
    First off, Israel would nuke everyone that looked at it funny.

Russia and China could join, but without the US, there's no common enemy, so meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

So aliens from outer space visit earth, go straight to the US of A and abduct every last American. Effectively no more United states of America, never to influence any facet of life on earth ever again.

That would leave Russia and China as the two remaining superpowers. What would happen - would the world be better or worse off ?

It would depend on whether the aliens you speak of liked or disliked us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Gatling wrote: »
    Tell that to Ukraine or Georgia , east Germany ,Poland,lativa,lithuania , Moldova, Afghanistan,or south Korea or any other multiude of countries

What about Brazil, Venezuela, Bolivia, Guatemala, Congo, Iran, Iraq, Lybia, Syria, Panama, Cuba, Lebanon, The Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, Haiti, Egypt, and all the other countries where the US either propped up despotic dictators, overthrew democratically elected governments and replaced them with despotic dictators, or attempted to?

It's hilarious that you have Afghanistan listed, the US helped install the Taliban into power and are still there over 2 decades later trying to clean up the mess they made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

So aliens from outer space visit earth, go straight to the US of A and abduct every last American. Effectively no more United states of America, never to influence any facet of life on earth ever again.

All European chocolate would lose the taste of piss and it's bullet pocket size.

(Otherwise known as reverting to its original taste and size).

Advertisement