Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avoca cafe : smaller scones?!!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Panjandrums

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

A friend used to visit the restaurant part of Avoca in kilmacanoque for years every week. She always had a particulr meal but slightly tweaked. When Aramark took over they wouldnt allow her the specific meal tweaked unless she paid extra. Doing that to a very regular customer is very bad customer service in my view. I also sent a meal back in Avoca powerscourt recently and they disputed what I said about why I sent it back. The meal was supposed to be cold but it was actually solid frozen!!!! She told it wasnt frozen just too cold. They said they took it off the menu that day afterwards but they didnt.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Oh sorry, is the customer inconveniencing the establishment?
    The business isn't doing them a favour by serving them their meal, I assume the regular customer is paying,

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Think what you like. The fact is they messed up their customer service. They pissed off a regular in the restaurant part (not the deli part where meals are standard and you queue) where it is very easy to change something minor in the kitchen. This person now doesnt goto Avoca anymore and is telling all of her friends how badly their customer service standards have slipped.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I just had an avoca scone.

I don't know how anyone could want a bigger one. They're disgustingly massive!

At 3.35 they'd want to be but they're definitely not small by any stretch of the imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

They're disgustingly massive!

...but, they used to come in a bucket, loike!

they're tweensie now, roish!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Who ate all the scones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    Who ate all the scones?

MEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeee

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I eat at Avoca about once a month and I was expecting a change or decline in the quality and standard of food and service since Aramark took it over but really couldn't find any noticeable difference. Each Avoca cafe has slightly different food offerings in any case.

I was told by staff that one of the Pratt family members involved in the food end of the business was staying on to oversee the transition to ensure that standards were maintained. If standards do slip, it will be to Avoca's cost.

Advertisement