Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scammed help

Options

Comments

Another boardsie contacted me offering another 50 so that's 100 so far, let me know if its wanted..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Will also donate via paypal if this is allowed. If for nothing else as a thank you to the OP who has alerted me to something I wasn't aware of!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Tilikum wrote:
    I've paid by friends a family a few times with no problem. What exactly does that mean? They just don't have to pay a few quid for postage or something?

That's what I thought too. But he must have known exactly what he was doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

lukesmom wrote: »
    No but it was a ps4 pro with 5 games, a charger and one controller. He was also throwing in 6 months free online membership. It was too good to be true unfortunately.

would someone really go to all that trouble for the sake of 200?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Tilikum wrote: »

All what trouble? Posting an ad that takes 5mins max? Yes, they definitely would!

• Advertisement

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    All what trouble? Posting an ad that takes 5mins max? Yes, they definitely would!

do you not need to set up an paypal account too? linked to your bank account? It's years since i set up mine to be honest so I don't remember

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

You must have plenty of money if 200 euro doesnt mean much too you.unfortunatly for some its a lot of money and a young fella of 15 it defo a lot hes probably worked and saved up for a good month or more to save 200 quid

He's been waiting all day looking out the window for the courier that was apparantly coming. Please everyone if you didn't know. Never use the family and friends option it's so not worth it. There are scumbags out there and I was fooled.

He's been waiting all day looking out the window for the courier that was apparantly coming. Please everyone if you didn't know. Never use the family and friends option it's so not worth it. There are scumbags out there and I was fooled.

Srry about your son if i had money i give him some towards getting one hope you can sort if

You must have plenty of money if 200 euro doesnt mean much too you.unfortunatly for some its a lot of money and a young fella of 15 it defo a lot hes probably worked and saved up for a good month or more to save 200 quid

It's a lot to me too,pal. What I'm saying is, in my experience these scammers, scam a ton of people at the one time. Not one person for 200.

• Advertisement

Have gotten pm's from 2 other boardsies so fund is now at 150. If you want this, let me know, if nothing else it will show the young fella that the internet is not just full of scammers

Another boardsie contacted me offering another 50 so that's 100 so far, let me know if its wanted..

I don't know what to say honestly of course it's wanted there's nothing more I'd love than to get it for him after he saving up

It's a lot to me too,pal. What I'm saying is, in my experience these scammers, scam a ton of people at the one time. Not one person for 200.

Ah ok i get you he could have multiple accounts selling the same items to scam people

I don't know what to say honestly of course it's wanted there's nothing more I'd love than to get it for him after he saving up

ok please pm me your paypal address you will get 3 amounts of 50 through as I will be letting the other 2 know your paypal id also

Try gamestop or cex if you have one near you for ps4s think cex might be a bit cheaper not sure.

ok please pm me your paypal address you will get 3 amounts of 50 through as I will be letting the other 2 know your paypal id also

The little man will be getting 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

What makes you think the op was the only person that bought it?
    The console, 5 games etc for €200 and then asking for payment via friends and family looks like a scam if you know a little about it but if 4/5 people fall for it in a day that's a lot of money!
    Account closed and open a new one selling something else based somewhere else in the country. It's not hard to do.

What makes you think the op was the only person that bought it?
    The console, 5 games etc for €200 and then asking for payment via friends and family looks like a scam if you know a little about it but if 4/5 people fall for it in a day that's a lot of money!
    Account closed and open a new one selling something else based somewhere else in the country. It's not hard to do.

What i was thinking or he had same items listed under multiple accounts

I see what you mean now by 200 being too good to be true.

http://www.adverts.ie/playstation/sony-ps4-pro-1tb-new/13240271

There's a new one for 350 in Galway. If a few more boardies chips in :o

ok so 50 gone to you and another 100 on the way, hope he enjoys it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

First mistake was using adverts.ie

Second mistake was using PayPal

Both a magnet for scammers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

The whole throwing the toys out of the prams, saying his account was locked. That's part of the scam. Even though you're not entitled to get your money back, I'd still contact Paypal. If a few people report him, his account may actually be frozen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭NinetyTwoTeam

It's so awesome you guys are donating for this, if I was employed I'd do the same, I was a kid when the Nintendo came out and was never happier than playing Super Mario.

There must be a way to get PayPal to have a look at this and get the ID of the seller since it's hooked up to a bank acct . keep at them and tell them the story, I doubt they'll turn a blind eye considering this is basically stealing from a child

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

not sure either of these statements are true

Wheety wrote:
    The whole throwing the toys out of the prams, saying his account was locked. That's part of the scam. Even though you're not entitled to get your money back, I'd still contact Paypal. If a few people report him, his account may actually be frozen.

I was on to paypal earlier. They said I need to contact the person and try and get the money back myself. He is actually quite agressive and went down the name calling route. Nothing awful but still completely unwarranted. Kept telling me to 'cut the crap'

ok so 50 gone to you and another 100 on the way, hope he enjoys it!!

Thank you. You will never know what a relief it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 alexx123

I thought PayPal was suppose to be very secure?

When i've bought stuff online, I have always gone and looked at it and collected it in person, so maybe a lesson there.

I'd still go to the Gardai at least, scum like this should not be let go easily.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 The Red m

Can you do a charge back?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

alexx123 wrote: »
    I thought PayPal was suppose to be very secure?

When used as a business, not as a personal transaction which the seller here effectively forced.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The Red m wrote: »
    Can you do a charge back?

Not on family and friends. The OP effectively told PayPal to go ahead and pay as the seller was NOT a business but was known to her.

Advertisement