Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens if Trump nukes North Korea?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Gatling wrote: »
    Unfortunately as long as the North and china are considered a threat they won't stop the yearly military exercises which for the most part are only defensive excerises ,
    Kim does the same and his father before him too ,
    How about Kim removes his artillery pieces as a show of good will ,
    Wouldn't be the first time NK has played the you give up something and we might think about it only for them to say no ,

Can't see China being a threat except maybe to India/Bhutan Right now.
    There needs to be a mediator between the two and put China and Russia as co hosts.
    It's incredible to think that we appear to be within one wrong move from all out war..
    Humanity just doesn't seem to learn previous lessons and if the Americans would for once stand back and think what damage this is doing to the world whilst they get raging hard ons at their "USA USA USA" chants then maybe we would have less of these situations in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Agree this should be merged with http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057729321
    but take that title (not this stupid one), as it may end up being MOAB pre-emptive, but simply ridiculous to presume with any nukes. Also ridiculous to presume the other two superpowers will get involved, until the actual area cleanup starts.

Interestingly Kim said the strike plan for Guam was for mid-August. Guessing if he's really loosing his marbles, he may well go with the 21st (Eclipse) for symbolic reasons.

On strange factor is that the US only have one major carrier in the (near) area, and that's in Japan. They'd want to be sending a few more big carrier that way, they have enough available (11 of the world's 18).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I aint no expert on this... but given the fact that South Korea is an ally of the Americans then they can't be going about nuking north korea. Radiation blowing and all that.

Also I thought the idea of making nuclear weapons is to bring a country to the big round table of superpowers. That you have, and forgive the expression, just a big a dick as others. But when two superpowers have nuclear weapons it also acts as a deterrent.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,607 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

REU-KOREA-NORTH__013.jpg

c107293ad65dedab63f4aeffa3d80433.jpg

north-korea-military-parade-images.jpg

soldier-medals.jpg

I want a medal too :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Mayo could actually win an All Ireland?

• Advertisement

Passive voice works a lot better for this thread title.

"What happens if North Korea gets themselves nuked?"

It has nothing to do with Trump. Each president has allowed North Korea to progressively become a bigger threat. If all Trump does is hand out sanctions, the nuclear problem just gets delayed until the next president.

I hope that's what he does, but if North Korea nukes Guam, I look forward to watching the world blame Trump for starting the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

It has nothing to do with Trump. Each president has allowed North Korea to progressively become a bigger threat. If all Trump does is hand out sanctions, the nuclear problem just gets delayed until the next president.

I hope that's what he does, but if North Korea nukes Guam, I look forward to watching the world blame Trump for starting the whole thing.

Plans released by the North today show they will launch a Haesong 19-25 miles off the coast of Guam as a warning.
    I imagine the air traffic around there to be quite busy so they are playing quite a dangerous game now.
    Doing that will give Trump the approval he needs to retaliate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Doubt they'll nuke Guam but then again anything is possible now. I'd say we've reached the stage that any missile leaving NK airspace will be shot down just in case. Hard to see how this ends anything but badly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Gatling wrote: »
    Actually Mods can this thread be merged with the other Thread on here

Bit big to merge but I'll close this one, use this from now on:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057729321

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement