Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinion of my diet and exercise plan to lose fat and maintain muscle

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

Mellor wrote: »
    What do you think the protein % (in terms of marco split) was in the posted diet?
    What % do you think he should aim for?

An on the other side of the coin. Where do you think you are getting 150g from?
    I'd have said it was less than that, but I'd also have said it falling short of 1500 cals.

First meal I'm have a big serving of Greek yogurt mixed with another low sugar yogurt for taste. The Greek yogurt has 35g of protein and the other yogurt has 10g

In meal 2 I'm talking about a 200-250g chicken breast in a roll I.make myself with lettuce tomato which is 40-50g of protein

Meal 3 again 250g of steak or salmon has 50g of protein . Also with regards calories that much salmon or rib eye steak has 500 calories alone

We could debate it all day but I believe protein recommendations are overblown . We are constantly told to eat 1g per lb of bodyweight but there's no consideration given for bodyfat% . Using that logic a 280lb couch potato with 40% body fat will require a lot more protein than a 200lb athlete

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

1g per lean weight surely, not total

• Registered Users Posts: 39,129 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Tylerdurex wrote: »
    First meal I'm have a big serving of Greek yogurt mixed with another low sugar yogurt for taste. The Greek yogurt has 35g of protein and the other yogurt has 10g

In meal 2 I'm talking about a 200-250g chicken breast in a roll I.make myself with lettuce tomato which is 40-50g of protein

Meal 3 again 250g of steak or salmon has 50g of protein . Also with regards calories that much salmon or rib eye steak has 500 calories alone

We could debate it all day but I believe protein recommendations are overblown . We are constantly told to eat 1g per lb of bodyweight but there's no consideration given for bodyfat% . Using that logic a 280lb couch potato with 40% body fat will require a lot more protein than a 200lb athlete
    I wasn't asking it to debate with you, I was asking to try get some sort of quantities you are talking about. A yogurt, a sandwich means nothing really.

What yogurt has 35g of protein in it? That sounds high, unless it's a massive tub. Activia tubs are 5g (from tesco website), again unless it's a large one.

Ditto the sandwich. If you say turkey sandwich, that suggests something entirely different to 2 chicken breasts (250g) on a roll.

If you want an accurate critique of your diet, you need to give a more accurate picture of your diet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

bladespin wrote: »
    Have you tried slimming world?

Just kiddin.

why you kidding?

this forum makes the mistake of assuming everybody wants to be great ,

slimming world on it's own mightnt be "the answer" but it offers diet accountability and plenty of people have lost weight on it.

some people just want to be slimmer as a result , 2 bootcamps a week and a slimming world is a happy medium for them.

so a basic eat less formula works for them and more importantly is all they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭bladespin

arayess wrote:
    this forum makes the mistake of assuming everybody wants to be great ,

Read op's post, that's why.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

I have.

What did you think?

Autochange wrote:
    What did you think?

It's like a comedy channel, he gives some reasonable advice in drips and drabs but he's poor, thete are several other youtoobers that offer a lot more, athleanX is good, Scott Herman too even Vince from Vshred. BUT tbh they're not telling you anything more than is already available here; Transform has to be one of the best advisors you'll find anywhere, Alf too particularly when it comes to nutrition.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

It's like a comedy channel, he gives some reasonable advice in drips and drabs but he's poor, thete are several other youtoobers that offer a lot more, athleanX is good, Scott Herman too even Vince from Vshred. BUT tbh they're not telling you anything more than is already available here; Transform has to be one of the best advisors you'll find anywhere, Alf too particularly when it comes to nutrition.

Cheers

Overall if the client is looking to drop about 4-5stone then the first 2-3 stone should be easily dropped by doing basic stuff like walking and eating high quality foods and in a calorie deficit (from stats given he doesn't need to go any lower than about 2,200/day)

Do the simple, low cost, easy stuff first rather than looking to deflect from doing the basics by looking for the complex.

i wouldnt consider it comedy myself but each to their own and all that.

i wouldnt consider it comedy myself but each to their own and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Id agree with all of that about Elliot.

Just got the jump on being a youtube guy and markets it well. His overall understanding of training, energy systems etc is just clouded in breathing into your balls, mindfulness and some other stuff that Paul Chek was talking about 10yrs ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Also, his videos are too drawn out. You could spend 2 hours watching his videos before learning anything useful. If he got rid of the fluff and focused on condensing the useful content into shorter and more to-the-point videos, he might be worth a look. But maybe that's my lack of an attention span showing.

Fair point about the length of his vids .FYI. Iv had some bad injuries and have some permanent nerve damage so I like the whole mental side too. Gives me motivation in a way . Been training close to 5 years and wont change what or how i do.
    Best of luck in your training

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 Veronica Hudson

For me, exercise is the best way to lose weight, because it has worked for me. So I suggest to everyone who is trying to lose weight, to be more active. Do some yoga or some cardio.

For me, exercise is the best way to lose weight, because it has worked for me. So I suggest to everyone who is trying to lose weight, to be more active. Do some yoga or some cardio.

You'll never outrun a bad diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,465 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

bladespin wrote:
    You'll never outrun a bad diet.

And you certainly won't out-yoga it.

Advertisement