Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Indian takeaway Dublin?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,869 ✭✭✭trellheim

the one on Whitworth Road , Ruposhi, has always fed us well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

trellheim wrote: »

https://www.fsai.ie/uploadedFiles/Enforcement_and_Audit/Orders/CO-007-12-2017_R.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭mattser

trellheim wrote: »

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭earlyevening

Thanks for that. Had tried it after Vagya closed - wasn't great but won't be going again.
    Anybody know if Vagya will deliver back to Glasnevin from Castleknock?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Pickle is a grade above the rest imo.

Giving Vagya a miss tomorrow as there was a voucher online for Spice of India instead :) will get to Vagya in a few weeks.

Spice of India was nice... bit pricey (we had a Pigsback deal luckily). Vagya next up in a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭is this username available

Thanks for that. Had tried it after Vagya closed - wasn't great but won't be going again.

Don't know the answer to your question but try Curry House in Finglas who deliver to Glasnevin. I find the food good and they do a great value meal for 2 deal. Always busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,869 ✭✭✭trellheim

Originally Posted by trellheim View Post
    https://www.fsai.ie/uploadedFiles/En...-12-2017_R.pdf

Well there you are. Didn't know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Given that they don't deliver in Castleknock I would suspect unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Given that they don't deliver in Castleknock I would suspect unlikely.[/quote]

Oops. Just got new menu through door announcing delivery service. Was collection only to now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Finally got out to Vagya tonight. Fantastic as ever. Can't recommend them enough. Overheard another customer on the phone to a friend telling her they would have to come there for dinner some night. Another satisfied customer. I really hope they do well in the new location. Nice people.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

spurious wrote: »
    Finally got out to Vagya tonight. Fantastic as ever. Can't recommend them enough. Overheard another customer on the phone to a friend telling her they would have to come there for dinner some night. Another satisfied customer. I really hope they do well in the new location. Nice people.

My gf has started Slimming World the last few weeks so we're on health(ish) dinners out... Will give it a couple of weeks before I chance my arm of going to Vagya!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

My gf has started Slimming World the last few weeks so we're on health(ish) dinners out... Will give it a couple of weeks before I chance my arm of going to Vagya!

If you stick to the tandoori stuff and plain rice you can get away with not too many syns. Steer clear of the naan though, it's about 20+ syns. Eek!

Delish though. Well worth saving up a few syns for.

On SW here too, down a stone and a half, but we like to have a blow out every so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Chillishakers in Swords village.

Been to their one in Letterkenny. Very good.

So many places to tempt me....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

spurious wrote: »
    Been to their one in Letterkenny. Very good.

So many places to tempt me....

Have you ever tried Pickle on Camden St- not takeaway but highly recommended nonetheless. 2 course early bird is only 22 euro as well so well worth it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Indie spice grill is decent, was there a few months ago and had a delicious meal, an outrageously good value early bird iirc

I’ve moved house this week and Konkan on Clanbrassil St. now deliver to me, this could be a very good or very bad thing. Either way, I decided to treat myself tonight and it was impeccable as always.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Have you ever tried Pickle on Camden St- not takeaway but highly recommended nonetheless. 2 course early bird is only 22 euro as well so well worth it.

Oh yes. I would put it in the Kinara bracket...for fancy nights out. Lovely food.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I have eaten 10 times from Dera and have a free meal outstanding on Marvin. I think I’ll forgo the free meal and I’ll never be eating there again. It sounds like they didn’t follow previous direction from the FSAI along with a long list of other issues.

https://www.fsai.ie/uploadedFiles/Enforcement_and_Audit/Orders/CO-003-03-2018_R.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Not strictly Indian (Nepalese), but
    http://www.sagarmathakitchen.ie/

In Swords, I have not had something I did not like from them yet.

I have got them a few times as they are on my way home and a longish journey after Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Maximilian wrote: »
    Rasam in Glasthule is some of the best Indian food I've ever had. It's primarily a restaurant but you can get food for collection. It's a proper and high-end restaurant though, so not cheap.

Ate in Rasam last Sunday as Id heard about its reputation, "if its good enough for Nigella Lawson.." is what I was thinking before I booked.

However I was left a bit dissapointed with it. We had the early bird, must say the starters were excellent but main was a real let down- I had the lamb maas and the lamb was over cooked and dry. Only for we had to be somewhere afterwards I would have sent it back. Also they seem to be big on serious portion control there, I literally got four pieces of lamb in a big bowl of curry. My partner the same- 4 pieces of chicken was the sum total of the main course. Maybe I caught them on an off day but I wouldnt go back. Pickle for me is still the best Indian in Dublin though Ive yet to try Veda in Cabinteely.

Advertisement