Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi ROIDMI 3S Dual USB Bluetooth 4.2 Car Charger - €11.90~ delivered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

delivered this morning.

A great little device in fairness.

Just plug it in and install the Roidmi Life app on your phone and follow the wizard.

Now have music playing from phone to car speakers, also audio from google maps turn for turn satnav.

Two very good USB ports for charging and it monitors the health of your car battery (via app interface)

For €10 you really can't go wrong.

now onto the Xiaomi smart light bulb :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hey guys, help me out here.

I got the 3S today and I can't get it working.

I have it paired to my phone. I have downloaded and setup the Roidmi app. The light on the 3S is green and solid. I have it set to use for Media Audio.

When I play anything (Spotify, Pocketcasts, Tune-in Radio), they all play through my phone speaker (not the radio).

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Mr E wrote: »
    Hey guys, help me out here.

I got the 3S today and I can't get it working.

I have it paired to my phone. I have downloaded and setup the Roidmi app. The light on the 3S is green and solid. I have it set to use for Media Audio.

When I play anything (Spotify, Pocketcasts, Tune-in Radio), they all play through my phone speaker (not the radio).

Any ideas?

try following steps:

1) turn on bluetooth on phone and play something(doesnt matter what you play). have volume set to max

2) turn on radio to freq as you set on app (or default i think is always 96.4)

3) plus in 3s in socket

4) Should hear a noise from radio to signal its turning on and searching for devices

5) higher noise from 3s to signal connection to mobile device and sound should play via radio

If issue after above steps then you could go directly in bluetooth setting on phone and try flicking sound between playing on phone or bluetooth

Additional questions if still not working
    6) Do you have another bluetooth device , are you still able to connect to that without issue with your phone) Or tried another phone with it.
    7) you mention downloading the Roidmi app, have you installed the latest version on the 3s and able to eg change the led colour?

Good stuff, FP. That worked.

I started Spotify, plugged in the 3S and it flipped over automatically.

Great sound - as good as the Belkin Tunecast I was using (but less wires and I don't have to crank up the volume on my phone).

Cheers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Mine arrived this morning, working and sounding great.

Thanks op

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭LariToper

This is probably my favourite gadget from China to date. I have it plugged into a power source in the boot, so its right beside the aerial and completely out of sight. Already had a Nokia bluetooth kit in the car that was only for calls and they work brilliantly in tandem.

I turn on the engine, phone connects to both kits. I put my music playing and put my phone in my pocket. If my phone rings, the music stops and the Nokia kit takes over, I can check who's calling by glancing at my Xiaomi fitness band and answer by pressing the button on my dash. I have now definitely reached the point of too much tech in my life :p

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭False Prophet

(or default i think is always 96.4)

Interesting that the default is set to Clare FM Freq, must be revenge for Father Ted:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Can it stream the audio from mobdro and other non playstore streaming apps?.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Interesting that the default is set to Clare FM Freq, must be revenge for Father Ted:D

Easily changed in-app😉

• Registered Users Posts: 43,791 ✭✭✭✭Basq

If someone is in a hurry for something like this, Amazon do one that does the same job for about the same price.
    AI Orange Wireless Bluetooth Transmitter
    Sound very good also.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

My car has bluetooth but only for the phone, so I cannot play Spotify. If I buy one of these can I still use my phone through the car and this just for music?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,791 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ I'd say there could be a clash there.. as in you'll need to connect to 2 bluetooth devices (your car radio for your phone, and the device for music).

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭LariToper

Keano wrote: »
    My car has bluetooth but only for the phone, so I cannot play Spotify. If I buy one of these can I still use my phone through the car and this just for music?

My car kit is a Nokia CK-7W, my phone (Oneplus) can connect to this, the Roidmi charger and my fitness band simultaneously. Can't comment on any other car kit but there's definitely a possibility there

Keano wrote: »
    I’m in the same boat as you. BT integrated for phone but nothing else. 05 Audi. This little baby works fine, only issue for me is that I have to manually connect each time I start the car. The integrated BT still auto connects to the phone without issue, so no big deal. 2 button presses on the phone and done. Also, FWIW, I leave mine plugged in all the time. It draws little to no power, just a flashing led.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Basq wrote: »
    If someone is in a hurry for something like this, Amazon do one that does the same job for about the same price.
    AI Orange Wireless Bluetooth Transmitter
    Sound very good also.

I ended up going for this one, I hate the 3-4 week wait for something after ordering, especially something I'd use every day.

Cheers for whoever put the original offer up. I've got that wired Belkin transmitter currently and was always looking for something like this but obviously wasn't searching the right words.

Strange one last night

Had this in, but not using it and couldn't get any radio stations without interference, took it out and went away.

Hardly use the radio, but just in case anyone does and thinks it's their radio etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Whats the delivery times for this? Ordered one at the start of September and I am yet to receive it, the order tracking system is less than useless.

Mine took 5 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Ordered 4th October through gearbest and arrived today. Haven't had chance to try it out yet. Nice build quality. Between this and the battery pack, am impressed with the brand

matchthis wrote: »
    Ordered 4th October through gearbest and arrived today. Haven't had chance to try it out yet. Nice build quality. Between this and the battery pack, am impressed with the brand
    They build quality stuff across the board. Turning into quite a force in this sector.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

matchthis wrote: »

Same order date here and it arrived today. Smaller than I thought it would be. Biggest regret when I switched car a while ago was not being able to play the phone music through the radio anymore so really hoping this works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Bought one around the 6th of this month and it arrived yesterday. So far I'm quite impressed. Sound quality is really quite decent and there's a good bit of volume with it. Certainly it's miles better than other FM transmitters I've used in the past.

Quality find OP.

Got mine today through the post just short of 4 weeks and it's fantastic quality. Plays audio from YouTube, tunein, Mobdro, perfect and without any white noise. Couldn't be more happy with it and to think I was nearly going to go for a Halfords installation for about €160.
    Great Spot OP

• Registered Users Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Anyone in Dublin find a decent clean frequency that doesn’t have leakage from radio stations? Had it at 108 today but Newstalk kept leaving in on it

Anyone have issues with this?

Plugged it into car when driving,now radio won't turn on and cig lighter socket dead

Use to get voltage warning in app,but starting car changed that

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ColdTurkey

jeffk wrote: »
    Anyone have issues with this?

Plugged it into car when driving,now radio won't turn on and cig lighter socket dead

Use to get voltage warning in app,but starting car changed that
    You blew the fuse. Its a cheap fix. You can replace it yourself for next to nothing. Check the car manual for fuse board location and fuse location on the board

ColdTurkey wrote:
    You blew the fuse. Its a cheap fix. You can replace it yourself for next to nothing. Check the car manual for fuse board location and fuse location on the board

Would this keep happening?

Or was it just fuse on way out and this finished it off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ColdTurkey

No idea tbh. Get a couple of fuses just in case

Advertisement