Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi ROIDMI 3S Dual USB Bluetooth 4.2 Car Charger - €11.90~ delivered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Presumably all functionality goes through the downloadable app? Whats it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Just got mine but can't figure out what frequency it uses. Instructions are all in Chinese and qr code points to an apk that doesn't come via play store.

Edit: searched roidmi app in play store. It did a firmware update for the charger. The app is very nice, love the way I can change the frequency using it and also change settings such as ring phone through radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Roidmi, sounds like something Ross O Carroll Kelly would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

Digitalism wrote:
    Connect your smartphone to the device via Bluetooth using a mobile APP.

Is anyone able to use for calls?

mono_mac wrote:

Mine rang but had no audio output for calls. Didn't have time to investigate why or if I need to use a setting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

mono_mac wrote: »
    Not regular calls, no. 'tis great for the music though.

No calls ffs? Main reason I bought it.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭corks finest

mono_mac wrote:

Mine rang but had no audio output for calls. Didn't have time to investigate why or if I need to use a setting.
    Crap

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Crap

We get it. You dont like the device. Move on.

No calls ffs? Main reason I bought it.:(
    did you not read the description in the OP?

• Advertisement

dodzy wrote:
    did you not read the description in the OP?

"Allows you to use bluetooth calls."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭ongarite

Picked mine up today from post office.
    Impressive little gadget, FM transmitter works very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

Got mine today.

Works perfectly. Not bothered with the calls. Great to have podcasts direct from my phone in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Received mine a few days ago, disappointed at first but after downloading the app + updating it to latest version + changing the frequency it works a treat.
    Should have got one years ago:)

I discovered since that in the bluetooth settings for that connection that this has phone audio turned off by default.

I haven't had a chance to verify if turning that on works, but it likely explains why.

I discovered since that in the bluetooth settings for that connection that this has phone audio turned off by default.

I haven't had a chance to verify if turning that on works, but it likely explains why.
    will not make a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

ROIDMI sideways was another one!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Briain O Loinsigh

Hello, I ordered after the offer was available, my order was then marked as shipped with a tracking number.
    For about 10 days now it has still not been received by singpost , it's just an acknowledgement.

Are they normally this slow with stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Are they normally this slow with stuff?

You won't get anything beyond that from the tracking. That being said, it arrived within the time frame given (4 weeks iirc)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah it's coming from Singapore so can take 30-45 days to get here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Available today on Gearbest for €9.64 delivered

https://www.gearbest.com/car-charger/pp_642449.html?utm_source=tt_de

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭magnavox

Ordered from Gearbest 25th August, dispatched 28th, arrived 7th September. Surprisingly quick.

Very happy with it as it works better than any FM transmitter I've tried before. Only thing is the default noises for startup and connections are annoying and loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

NATLOR wrote: »

Nice one got it for 8.44 with Belgium postage using points on ACC...

Anybody get this to autoconnect with the car ? My phone autoconnects with the integrated cars bluetooth bit the Ride-me has to be manually connected every time following ignition start. Cig liter port has power at all times and the unit stays plugged in, again, all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

NATLOR wrote: »

got one ..thanks (didn't need it mind :)

Got it expedited with the money saved.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Kayshee123

Badly needed one of these and it's a good price too, thanks OP :pac:

dodzy wrote: »
    Anybody get this to autoconnect with the car ? My phone autoconnects with the integrated cars bluetooth bit the Ride-me has to be manually connected every time following ignition start. Cig liter port has power at all times and the unit stays plugged in, again, all the time.

Mine autoconnects

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Read through all the posts to get to the commenst on pg3 that it doesn't allow you to conduct a call over it.
    Is there a similar gadget that this crowd make for such a unit? You all seem to be highly complimentary of this unit so wondering have they a variation for calls?

Edit: Just picked first link I had searched, does this variant allow calls can anyone here confirm?
    https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Xiaomi-ROIDMI-2S-Bluetooth-Car-Charger-Hands-Free-Call-with-MIC-FM-Transmitter-for-iOS/1803663_32696939582.html

Mine autoconnects

I don't suppose you have an autoconect for phone via in-car BT also ? Just trying to narrow down if this is causing the auto-pair issue with a priority on the phone (possibly) ?

Just had a thought: I'll 'forget the device' on the IOs menu and see if that addresses the issue. Cheers KC.

FWIW, the default 96.4 was causing me ever so slight 'hissing' between track changes or during any quiet part of a track, not a biggie, more of a slight annoyance. Changing to a default of 89.4 definitely improved this in my case anyway. Virtually unnoticeable now.

• Advertisement

dodzy wrote: »
    I don't suppose you have an autoconect for phone via in-car BT also ? Just trying to narrow down if this is causing the auto-pair issue with a priority on the phone (possibly) ?

Just had a thought: I'll 'forget the device' on the IOs menu and see if that addresses the issue. Cheers KC.

My van is old school, no built in bluetooth

Advertisement