Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Break it, buy it?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Jeniflan

otto_26 wrote: »
    Jeniflan wrote: »
    Oh Lord.
    You clearly didn't read my post correctly, or any of my posts which followed.
    I'm not looking to feel better about anything. I asked a specific question about the situation.
    I assure you there's nothing wrong with my 'gut' or my conscience about any of this. I have clearly already said- when asked to pay half- she never asked to pay full- I did. Immediately. Gave her the money. She took it and held it in her hand. When she told me she would be sending back to the supplier I questioned it. She handed the money back.
    I did go and tell her my son broke it.
    No excuses. No problem with my gut. None.

Hope the view is just lovely up there.

All I did was give you an honest answer I'm sorry it's not the answer your looking for.

Well no, read my post again.

My actual question was did anyone know what the official (if any) position is on consumers paying for accidental breakage in a shop. You didn't answer that question.

I didn't not ask for advice for soothing my troubled conscience.

But thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭otto_26

my3cents wrote: »
    I just wonder how many of the people giving "honest" answers would actual admit to breaking anything or if they'd pretend it never happened.

Or not paying for breaking something..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭otto_26

My actual question was did anyone know what the official (if any) position is on consumers paying for accidental breakage in a shop. You didn't answer that question.

But thanks.

That's why I said you were looking for excuses.

But thanks.

Excuses for what?? Ugh. Never mind.

• Advertisement

But thanks.

But thanks.

Melendez wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

YES.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭traveller0101

I wouldn't pay for it unless I had to. Imagine if it was some expensive glass worth 10k? (edit: being sold for 10k, probably worth a few hundred) Am I going to get myself into debt because of an accident? Nope.

The shop is probably part of a corporation worth millions or billions of euro. They have the moral responsibility to not come down hard on their own customers for making a mistake. As someone else said: breakages happen daily and they have insurance.

OP, most people on here with high post counts aren't really worth listening to - for obvious reasons!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

The real question here is why did the kid smash the mug in the first place? Problems at home and acting out? A cry for help maybe. Smashing mugs is a gateway crime.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Manion wrote: »
    The real question here is why did the kid smash the mug in the first place? Problems at home and acting out? A cry for help maybe. Smashing mugs is a gateway crime.

They knocked it over.

This thread has gone beyond ridiculous now. Nothing more of value in keeping it open.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement